Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64

Thread: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

  1. #21
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    The employment situation in October improved in every way for most Americans, except for African Americans, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

    The number of African Americans who were employed in the United States in October dropped by 41,000; and the number of African-Americans not participating in the labor force increased by 114,000.

    Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans | CNS News

    More hope and change, 6 recovery summers in.
    A disproportionate number are below median wage as well. Remember back when Democrats were insisting that Republican recoveries were nothing but burger flippin jobs?

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    Should Barrack Obama hand hold every black man without a job to job fairs and everywhere else that is hiring? The economy is improving and the jobs are there, it is odd to see how the black population is being left behind, but I don't see how that responsibility falls in the hand of the President.
    From an ethical level, our POTUS has a responsibility to help everyone. He does not do that, his IRS targeted conservatives for their political views for example. And here, we see a monolithic group that supported him nearly unanimously and they are left in the dirt. Perhaps this is what Obama meant by hope and change...

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Were you asleep during the Bush Administration? Apparently it is a sign of brilliance when liberals blame Bush alone for the global economic downturn. And how liberals are still blaming Bush today for problems that have been on Obamas desk for 6 years. Obama is president. He gets the blame when things go bad. Unless you want to argue here that he deserves no credit when things go well.
    The next president will inherit the mess that is Obamacare. If the next president cant handle it he shouldn't run for the office. Clearly, the problems left by Bush were too much for Obama. That makes Obama a failure. You just need to come to grips with that.
    By the lefts "logic" (a very low bar, btw), the next POTUS will bear no responsibility for anything in their first 6 years, it all can be blamed on Obama. Im sure they will go for that, right?

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    A disproportionate number are below median wage as well. Remember back when Democrats were insisting that Republican recoveries were nothing but burger flippin jobs?
    I remember. And here we are after 6 years of brilliant democrat policies and over 100K blacks stopped even trying to get work last month. Yes we can, he said.

  5. #25
    Jokes Are a Cry For Help.
    CMPancake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    From an ethical level, our POTUS has a responsibility to help everyone. He does not do that, his IRS targeted conservatives for their political views for example. And here, we see a monolithic group that supported him nearly unanimously and they are left in the dirt. Perhaps this is what Obama meant by hope and change...
    Aside from you implying Obama had anything to do with the IRS scandal, what does President Obama have to do to explicitly help Black Americans get jobs?

    The Private sector is improving, and more jobs becoming available for everyone. To simply blame the President for one ethnic not sharing that economic success. (That ironically shares a similar skin color) is erroneous, and at worst, dishonest.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    Aside from you implying Obama had anything to do with the IRS scandal, what does President Obama have to do to explicitly help Black Americans get jobs?

    The Private sector is improving, and more jobs becoming available for everyone. To simply blame the President for one ethnic not sharing that economic success. (That ironically shares a similar skin color) is erroneous, and at worst, dishonest.
    Where was this narrative before the election?

  7. #27
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,092

    Re: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

    This thread is funny... right wingers playing the race card to prove they are not racists and yet leave out rather critical information that actually goes a long way to prove that they do have a race problem.

    Lets look at the states with the highest percentage black populations.

    1. Mississippi.. GOP Governors since 2004.
    2. Louisiana ... GOP Governors since 1996 with a 4 year break for a Democrat.
    3. Georgia.. GOP Governors since 2003
    4. Maryland.. Dem Governor since 2007, GOP before that.
    5. South Carolina.. GOP Governor since 2003
    6. Alabama.. GOP Governor since 2003
    7. North Carolina.. Dem Governors

    Point is that of the top 10, six of the states have had GOP governors at least the last half a decade, if not much longer. They also happen to be some of the poorest states with worst education standards and so on.

    And yet the GOP blames Obama for the poor unemployment numbers among the black community... numbers that were also poor under Bush 2, Bush 1, and Reagan?.. but it is all Obamas fault.. because he is black or/and a Democrat?

    Funny how when it comes to the economy, the GOP is all over that Texas and other red states have "great employment" creation because of their policies, and yet these same states in many cases have large black communities that are suffering high unemployment and yet that is Obamas fault, but the great job creation for white unemployed is not Obamas fault??

    Then explain this... Texas has an unemployment number of 5.2% according to the numbers, where White unemployment is 3.9%.. but the black community in Texas is hurting with a 9.2% unemployment? Considering Texas has had a GOP governor for 2 decades plus, and the GOP has been calling it the "Texas miracle" and putting all the praise on themselves and their political leaders in Texas.. then why is the black unemployment in Texas almost 3 times the size of the white unemployment? That Obamas fault also?
    PeteEU

  8. #28
    Advisor Stoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-27-16 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    449

    Re: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    I am not sure what the complaint here is?

    Yes, unemployment remains stubbornly high among African Americans. So what do you think is the cause / solution?

    1. The problem is systemic racism and thus no one will hire them.

    Its obvious there are some racists out there, but I think they represent a pretty small minority of hiring managers.

    But I would suggest that there is a bias against unskilled, under educated people who don't have a steady work history. As evidence I point to the fact that people who have been unemployed for longer periods seem to have a more difficult time finding jobs.
    2. The problem is illegals / undocumented workers.

    Most jobs I have seen obvious illegals working were roofing, day labor construction hands, landscaping, farm hands, and nannies. I don't think any of those jobs excluding farm hands and nannies were disproportionately historically held by blacks.

    I don't know that jobs are restricted to certain segments of the population. If people had to work and those jobs were available, not taken by illegals, then they would be taken by those who need them and have a right to them legally.
    3. The problem is welfare.

    We don't have true welfare anymore. You can get it for a couple of years and your done. If you have children you can draw it longer, but even then its hardly a living. I mean hell if living in government projects with a 300 bucks or a so month in welfare is not an incentive to better yourself, then I don't know what is. Moreover, this whole notion that welfare creates an incentive for having kids they can't afford to take care of is pretty absurd when you consider the fact that having kids you can't take care of is a problem in virtually every third world country and virtually none of them have a welfare system. If welfare is the reason for blacks having kids they can't afford here in the USA, then why are they doing it in the DRC or Haiti??

    I don't know where you get that. It may have had some truth during the 90's when there was a concerted effort to put welfare recipients to work but that all changed as one of the first things Pres. Obama did, to reduce or eliminate work requirements for welfare recipients.

    I was in a Walmart not too long ago where there were lots of people trying to checkout with not enough clerks. The clerk said that they hire new clerks every week but many never show up for work but use being hired and fired as qualifying for another bout of welfare of some sort. And then there's the growing SSI rolls expanding.
    So what is the solution? What are yall bitching about the president not doing about this? Do you want him to issue an executive order telling every unemployed African American to get the f*** to work? I mean really, what do you want to do about it?
    The solution is more demand for jobs and less people who don't have to work jobs they may not want.
    "If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner."
    H. L. Mencken

  9. #29
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    This thread is funny... right wingers playing the race card to prove they are not racists and yet leave out rather critical information that actually goes a long way to prove that they do have a race problem.

    Lets look at the states with the highest percentage black populations.

    1. Mississippi.. GOP Governors since 2004.
    2. Louisiana ... GOP Governors since 1996 with a 4 year break for a Democrat.
    3. Georgia.. GOP Governors since 2003
    4. Maryland.. Dem Governor since 2007, GOP before that.
    5. South Carolina.. GOP Governor since 2003
    6. Alabama.. GOP Governor since 2003
    7. North Carolina.. Dem Governors

    Point is that of the top 10, six of the states have had GOP governors at least the last half a decade, if not much longer. They also happen to be some of the poorest states with worst education standards and so on.

    And yet the GOP blames Obama for the poor unemployment numbers among the black community... numbers that were also poor under Bush 2, Bush 1, and Reagan?.. but it is all Obamas fault.. because he is black or/and a Democrat?

    Funny how when it comes to the economy, the GOP is all over that Texas and other red states have "great employment" creation because of their policies, and yet these same states in many cases have large black communities that are suffering high unemployment and yet that is Obamas fault, but the great job creation for white unemployed is not Obamas fault??

    Then explain this... Texas has an unemployment number of 5.2% according to the numbers, where White unemployment is 3.9%.. but the black community in Texas is hurting with a 9.2% unemployment? Considering Texas has had a GOP governor for 2 decades plus, and the GOP has been calling it the "Texas miracle" and putting all the praise on themselves and their political leaders in Texas.. then why is the black unemployment in Texas almost 3 times the size of the white unemployment? That Obamas fault also?
    Yea. Texas. I guess it proves what happens when the President of the United States and his party welcome millions of foreign invaders to come and take jobs from Blacks.

    Can't wait to see what the Black Community has to say should the President grant them all amnesty. My hope is they finally throw off the chains the liberal/progressive race baiting machine has had them shackled with for decades, and they seek their own future without them being told they can't have one.

    Of course I could also throw in California, a single party state firmly in the hands of liberal/progressives for many many years. Highest poverty rate in the Nation, and unemployment in the Black communities in the double digits. I guess that would be your model?

  10. #30
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,420

    Re: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

    The central problem for higher levels of unemployment and poverty in the inner city is kids having kids. This leads to absentee fathers, less education, higher crime, and just lower levels of opportunity in the community.

    Yet the social conservatives, the ones right now complaining about Obama when it comes to high levels of black unemployment, have fought every attempt to reduce this:

    Comprehensive Sex Education in school, they fight it, they only want Abstinence only Education.
    Providing Contraceptives in Schools, they fight it with the absurd argument that kids won't have sex if you don't give them condoms.

    Until you want to get with the program on actually reducing unplanned pregnancies and teen pregnancies in inner city communities, quite bitching about high levels of unemployment in those same communities.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •