Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 361

Thread: NAACP Releases Statement On 2014 Elections, But No Mention Of Mia Love Or Tim Scott

  1. #61
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,803

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    First, the standards are not lowered. Second, diversity is valuable to universities and systemic privilege exists.



    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #62
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Those are not lowered standards. Those meet the minimum standards and bring other qualities to the table.

    Of course, you'll deny the value of diversity and the existence of systemic privilege.
    oh come on, they have lower credentials and scores that those who they are competing against

    you confuse subjective and objective qualifications

    to make the A standard for the olympics you might have to be able to run a 10.5 100 meter

    and you claim that anyone who can run a 10.5 is qualified to run in the olympics

    but if the USA only is allowed 3 men in the Olympic 100 meter event and there are 6 who can run a 10.00 or faster-guess what, the guy who only can run a 10.5 is not subjectively qualified to be on the USA team because there are more than 3 other men who run faster times


    Michigan law might have 400 seats. 10,000 people apply and lets say 4000 are objectively qualified meaning they can do the work and pass the exams

    does that mean the guy ranked 3500 is qualified for the slot

    NOT WHEN there are more than 400 people above him who are better qualified.

    in a competitive environment you have to be more qualified than other applicants to get a position that has more applicants than slots



  3. #63
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    oh come on, they have lower credentials and scores that those who they are competing against
    That does not mean the standards are lowered. In fact, the standards are met. And, of course, you refuse to consider the value of diversity and addressing systemic privilege.

  4. #64
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    .
    I'll presume that's a denial of the existence of systemic privilege?

  5. #65
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: NAACP Releases Statement On 2014 Elections, But No Mention Of Mia Love Or Tim Sco

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You have to be a member to get their attention and support? So when did Michael Brown become a member of the NAACP - can you share that? They "mourn the shocking loss of Michael Brown". They have a whole plan dedicated to demanding justice for his death. If he wasn't a member, why are they worried about him?

    What does that have to do with the election or Tim Scott and Mia Love?


    The NAACP gave Tim Scott's a big, fat F on his voting record, so why would they support him?

  6. #66
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    That does not mean the standards are lowered. In fact, the standards are met, you simply refuse to consider the value of diversity and addressing systemic privilege.
    your argument is idiotic

    if a black need only a B average and a 85th percentile score on the boards to get into a top law school while a similarly situated white candidate has to have an A- average and a 98th percentile score on the LSAT, the standard has been lowered for blacks



  7. #67
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    your argument is idiotic
    If someone needs a 6 to get in, and they have a 6, the standards have not been lowered.

    Let's be honest. You are misrepresenting the situation so as to create a false image that standards are lowered when, in fact, they are not.

    Plenty of whites get in at the lower end of the acceptance standards. Are we lowering the standards for them?

  8. #68
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: NAACP Releases Statement On 2014 Elections, But No Mention Of Mia Love Or Tim Sco

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Are you kidding me? Please cite some examples to back up that bold(ed above) assertion.

    NAACP gives Senator Tim Scott a failing grade - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather

  9. #69
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,803

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'll presume that's a denial of the existence of systemic privilege?



    I've heard it defined quite ambiguously. Tell me specifically what it is and I will tell you if it exists or not?>
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #70
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    If someone needs a 6 to get in, and they have a 6, the standards have not been lowered.

    Let's be honest, you are misrepresenting the situation so as to create a false image that standards are lowered when, in fact, they are not.

    Plenty of whites get in at the lower end of the acceptance standards. Are we lowering the standards for them?
    so it is your position that if a black with lower scores jumps ahead of 100 white applicants with higher scores to get the last remaining seat at a top law school or a desirable job, standards were not lowered for the black?

    ok stick with that argument



Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •