Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 361

Thread: NAACP Releases Statement On 2014 Elections, But No Mention Of Mia Love Or Tim Scott

  1. #341
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Republicans think the laws black people want are not important and then they wonder why the NAACP and black people don't vote for republicans
    That's usually because someone on the right believes in a set of laws that apply to everyone equally. What does a "black law " look like exactly?

  2. #342
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Which laws do Black people want which Republicans feel are unimportant?
    Try to keep up with the convo
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #343
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Republicans think the laws black people want are not important and then they wonder why the NAACP and black people don't vote for republicans
    Umm...perhaps it's who I know and the republicans I deal with.

    But sure as hell I haven't seen "republicans think laws black people want are unimportant"...
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #344
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Umm...perhaps it's who I know and the republicans I deal with.

    But sure as hell I haven't seen "republicans think laws black people want are unimportant"...
    Maybe you know some exceptional people but there's no doubt that the NAACP and black people support hate crime laws, the Civil Rights Acts, and the Voting Rights Act and oppose Voter ID laws, while the GOP as a whole takes the opposite position.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #345
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Maybe you know some exceptional people but there's no doubt that the NAACP and black people support hate crime laws, the Civil Rights Acts, and the Voting Rights Act and oppose Voter ID laws, while the GOP as a whole takes the opposite position.
    I'm aware that the GOP seems to support Voter ID.

    But I was unaware they wanted to tone down/eliminate those others. That seems a bit crazy to me....
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #346
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I'm aware that the GOP seems to support Voter ID.

    But I was unaware they wanted to tone down/eliminate those others. That seems a bit crazy to me....
    Yes, it is crazy IMO, but even some of the last round of republicans running in the GOP presidential primaries expressed opposition to the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act so it's not like I'm talking about ancient history. If I wanted to talk about ancient history, I would have mentioned the GOP's opposition to making MLK a holiday amongst other things

    And then there's the right wing and republican habit of dismissing the black vote as if all they care about is continuing or expanding welfare programs when the obvious truth is that there's a whole range of issues black people (and the NAACP) care about and the GOP takes the opposite position.

    The GOP mouths off about how much they care about black people, but the fact remains that they are committed to the opposite position on nearly every issue black voters are concerned with.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #347
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yes, it is crazy IMO, but even some of the last round of republicans running in the GOP presidential primaries expressed opposition to the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act so it's not like I'm talking about ancient history. If I wanted to talk about ancient history, I would have mentioned the GOP's opposition to making MLK a holiday amongst other things

    And then there's the right wing and republican habit of dismissing the black vote as if all they care about is continuing or expanding welfare programs when the obvious truth is that there's a whole range of issues black people (and the NAACP) care about and the GOP takes the opposite position.

    The GOP mouths off about how much they care about black people, but the fact remains that they are committed to the opposite position on nearly every issue black voters are concerned with.
    Was it opposition to the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act as a whole? Or was it specific clauses/parts of said acts?

    Because the last would make FAR more sense, if still being a bit crazy, depending what parts were targeted.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #348
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Was it opposition to the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act as a whole? Or was it specific clauses/parts of said acts?

    Because the last would make FAR more sense, if still being a bit crazy, depending what parts were targeted.
    No, not all of it. Just the most important parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #349
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, not all of it. Just the most important parts.
    Hmm..

    Could you give me some links/specifics? I'm kinda interested in just how crazy these individuals are.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #350
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Hmm..

    Could you give me some links/specifics? I'm kinda interested in just how crazy these individuals are.
    They oppose the section of the Voting Rights Act which allows the DOJ to review proposed changes to the voting laws in states that have used the laws to restrict the voting rights of blacks in the past. There was a recent SCOTUS case that addressed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •