Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 361

Thread: NAACP Releases Statement On 2014 Elections, But No Mention Of Mia Love Or Tim Scott

  1. #251
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,607

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Cute.
    You will note that I do the same thing with republicants. The goofy thing about the voter ID and campaign finance issues is that both parties agree to disagree on anything that they perceive as giving the other party an advantage - any other reality is relegated to a distant second place. The same is true of gerrymandering - the republicants like to spread minorities evenly to prevent any "majority minority" districts while the demorats prefer to try to concentrate minorities to create districts that virtually guarantee a minority (demorat?) candidate's victory. This is one reason why the demorats want to keep identity politics alive and well and the republicants try to downplay that angle.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #252
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,902

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    You will note that I do the same thing with republicants.
    I didn't notice.

    And actually, when Republicans gerrymander districts, they actually concentrate minorities and other Democratic constituencies into certain 90%+ voting districts, sacrifice them, and take the now-50-55% GOP districts. Democrats try to spread out minorities in different districts. Both of which are bad.

  3. #253
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: NAACP Releases Statement On 2014 Elections, But No Mention Of Mia Love Or Tim Sco

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    Yo, warrior of the wet pants, where did you learn to be such an expert on blacks?
    I am a traveler of both time and space my bone chewing friend

    and turtles don't wear pants-even wet ones



  4. #254
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,273

    Re: NAACP Releases Statement On 2014 Elections, But No Mention Of Mia Love Or Tim Sco

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    A black organization, funded by blacks to lobby for blacks and black causes seems to really bother you, doesn't it?
    No, it doesn't bother me at all. Are you employing a cowardly means of accusing me of something here? Grow a pair and say whats on your mind.

  5. #255
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,273

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I didn't notice.

    And actually, when Republicans gerrymander districts, they actually concentrate minorities and other Democratic constituencies into certain 90%+ voting districts, sacrifice them, and take the now-50-55% GOP districts. Democrats try to spread out minorities in different districts. Both of which are bad.
    So, you are just upset that republicans do a better job of gerrymandering than democrats then

  6. #256
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,902

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    So, you are just upset that republicans do a better job of gerrymandering than democrats then
    If that's what you gleaned from my comment, than I might suggest some reading comprehension lessons in the near future.

  7. #257
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,273

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    If that's what you gleaned from my comment, than I might suggest some reading comprehension lessons in the near future.
    That's what I gleaned. Did it ever occur to you that maybe your writing style is the problem not my comprehension?

  8. #258
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,902

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    That's what I gleaned. Did it ever occur to you that maybe your writing style is the problem not my comprehension?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I didn't notice.

    And actually, when Republicans gerrymander districts, they actually concentrate minorities and other Democratic constituencies into certain 90%+ voting districts, sacrifice them, and take the now-50-55% GOP districts. Democrats try to spread out minorities in different districts. Both of which are bad.
    I bolded the important part regarding my feelings about gerrymandering. The fact that you missed it in your haste to take a partisan shot is not my problem.

  9. #259
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,273

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I bolded the important part regarding my feelings about gerrymandering. The fact that you missed it in your haste to take a partisan shot is not my problem.
    I didn't miss it. Liberals, when their hand is caught in the cookie jar, tend to play the 'everyone does it' card.

  10. #260
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,902

    Re: Patthetic NAACP fails to mention historic wins by Tim Scott and Mia Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I didn't miss it. Liberals, when their hand is caught in the cookie jar, tend to play the 'everyone does it' card.
    Are you claiming that one side (I can't make heads or tails out of what you're arguing here) doesn't gerrymander when given the opportunity?

    "Hang in the cookie jar"? Pardon my french, but what the blue **** are you talking about?

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •