Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Ron Paul: 'Republican control of the Senate = expanded neocon wars'

  1. #1
    Rogue Graffias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Midwest U.S
    Last Seen
    08-26-15 @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    924

    Ron Paul: 'Republican control of the Senate = expanded neocon wars'

    AN AUTHORITARIAN SOCIALIST OPPOSED TO GLOBALISM, ZIONISM, AND FEMINISM, AND IN FAVOR OF SOVEREIGN NATIONS, A PALESTINIAN STATE, AND MEN'S RIGHTS!

  2. #2
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,698

    Re: Ron Paul: 'Republican control of the Senate = expanded neocon wars'

    He still doesn't really know what a neoconservative is, so he's right with the rest of the Twitterverse in its ignorance.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,357

    Re: Ron Paul: 'Republican control of the Senate = expanded neocon wars'

    Quote Originally Posted by Graffias View Post
    Generalizations like that are the essence of propaganda the world over and politicians that resort to them are always a danger..

    As to the matter. Where boots on the ground might become necessary, it would be the right thing to do. The challenge is knowing why, when and how.

  4. #4
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,833

    Re: Ron Paul: 'Republican control of the Senate = expanded neocon wars'

    Excellent--first Cruz still hasn't given his blessing to McConnell.

    Now Ron Paul calls out the new GOP Senate for being for expanded neocon wars--ghost-speaking for Rand.

    Hope Mitch has a strong heart .
    Physics is Phun

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ron Paul: 'Republican control of the Senate = expanded neocon wars'

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Generalizations like that are the essence of propaganda the world over and politicians that resort to them are always a danger..

    As to the matter. Where boots on the ground might become necessary, it would be the right thing to do. The challenge is knowing why, when and how.
    With respect to the Republicans, they've been calling for boots on the ground all over the planet, just as they always do. War makes people lots of money who hire people to lobby Congress to make them money by giving them a donation for their upcoming campaign - Politician wins his election and the War Industry people get their War which = $.

    They will find a reason to go headlong into places we shouldn't and will ****in' lie about if they have to.

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,357

    Re: Ron Paul: 'Republican control of the Senate = expanded neocon wars'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    With respect to the Republicans, they've been calling for boots on the ground all over the planet, just as they always do. War makes people lots of money who hire people to lobby Congress to make them money by giving them a donation for their upcoming campaign - Politician wins his election and the War Industry people get their War which = $.

    They will find a reason to go headlong into places we shouldn't and will ****in' lie about if they have to.
    I am not sure that the Republicans have put boots on the ground more often than Democrats. I think you might want to revise that allegation. You see, invasions can make sense and be the right decision. It is very similar to the SWAT teams.

    Historically international security has had to be organized like Wild West Peace Making. It has been and is to this day a deadly environment without any real rules. This was for many reasons the only way it could be done. Societies that prayed for peace instead of maintaining large armies were swept away. As bad as it was, there were no WMD as potent as today's that make it probable that society as we know it will halt, when one of the imbroglios gets out of hand. It is no longer the viable long term. We must restructure the way we make order.
    As a matter of fact, it was a Republican President under whose watch a very important modern initiative was started to reform the way global security should be defined and structured, by prodding the UN to modify its norms in a way that could put security and other global public goods in the public domain in which they belong.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Ron Paul: 'Republican control of the Senate = expanded neocon wars'

    WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR

    The chant that never ends.
    Last edited by Henrin; 11-05-14 at 05:12 AM.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Ron Paul: 'Republican control of the Senate = expanded neocon wars'

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I am not sure that the Republicans have put boots on the ground more often than Democrats. I think you might want to revise that allegation. You see, invasions can make sense and be the right decision. It is very similar to the SWAT teams.

    Historically international security has had to be organized like Wild West Peace Making. It has been and is to this day a deadly environment without any real rules. This was for many reasons the only way it could be done. Societies that prayed for peace instead of maintaining large armies were swept away. As bad as it was, there were no WMD as potent as today's that make it probable that society as we know it will halt, when one of the imbroglios gets out of hand. It is no longer the viable long term. We must restructure the way we make order.
    As a matter of fact, it was a Republican President under whose watch a very important modern initiative was started to reform the way global security should be defined and structured, by prodding the UN to modify its norms in a way that could put security and other global public goods in the public domain in which they belong.
    Actually many societies that were peaceful lasted for thousands of years.

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,357

    Re: Ron Paul: 'Republican control of the Senate = expanded neocon wars'

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Actually many societies that were peaceful lasted thousands of years.
    Which? I know only of a few located largely inaccessibly or where nobody wanted to go.

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,357

    Re: Ron Paul: 'Republican control of the Senate = expanded neocon wars'

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR

    The chant that never ends.
    There are idiots that would chant like that. But it is the ones that often are at fault for wars beginning are those that think that wanting peace and security can make it so.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •