Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 219

Thread: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Reconstru

  1. #201
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    728

    Re: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Recon

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    All the excitement that republicans have over two black senators shows how far behind they are with the rest of the country.

    WELCOME TO THE 21ST CENTURY !!!!!!
    There have been numerous black republicans elected to congress.

    Just not in these particular states. Makes it note worthy, and also worth mentioning in the realm of "republicans are racist" discussion

    If republicans were racist, generally speaking wouldnt it be impossible for a black female to be elected in the whitest state in the union?

    Perhaps republicans focus on the issues and not on the color of ones skin. A stark contrast from democrats.

  2. #202
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Recon

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Token? What makes you call him that? Are you saying he's not qualified to be a Senator?
    He was elected because of white guilt

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  3. #203
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Recon

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabanist View Post
    There have been numerous black republicans elected to congress.

    Just not in these particular states. Makes it note worthy, and also worth mentioning in the realm of "republicans are racist" discussion

    If republicans were racist, generally speaking wouldnt it be impossible for a black female to be elected in the whitest state in the union?

    Perhaps republicans focus on the issues and not on the color of ones skin. A stark contrast from democrats.
    No because it is a pretty known fact that you can just vote just on party line and keep going.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  4. #204
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Recon

    It's amazing how racist some can be when accusing others and whole groups and political parties as racist.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  5. #205
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,286

    Re: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Recon

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    He was elected because of white guilt


    Tim Scott was elected because in the time he has held that office, as an appointee to finish the term, he has impressed every South Carolinian who was paying attention as a man of character and one we are proud to have as a Senator, regardless of the color of his skin.

    It offends me to hear him called a "token", as if he is not worthy of his position and only holds it due to being black. One wonders if this is not just another case of projection, where people project their own shortcomings onto others without cause.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  6. #206
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    39,914

    Re: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Recon

    One doesn't wonder even a teensy little bit, Goshin.

  7. #207
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    06-15-18 @ 03:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,470

    Re: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Recon

    I have a dream that one day, the black vote will go to whomever supports legalization of marijuana instead of party affiliation.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #208
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Recon

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Tim Scott was elected because in the time he has held that office, as an appointee to finish the term, he has impressed every South Carolinian who was paying attention as a man of character and one we are proud to have as a Senator, regardless of the color of his skin.

    It offends me to hear him called a "token", as if he is not worthy of his position and only holds it due to being black. One wonders if this is not just another case of projection, where people project their own shortcomings onto others without cause.
    Dude I was joking. I was making fun of republicans when they said white people voted for Obama because of white guilt.


    Personally as a black man, I am proud of him and Mia for what they did. However, as a democrat I can't stand their policies. As a note, you say that you get offended well I hope you were offended when people on the right called Obama the first Affirmative Action president.
    Last edited by rcart76; 11-10-14 at 01:58 PM.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  9. #209
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Recon

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    One doesn't wonder even a teensy little bit, Goshin.
    Like I told Goslin. Where was this anger when the right said that white people voted for Obama out of white guilt? I'm sure you was offended to right?

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  10. #210
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    06-15-18 @ 06:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,760

    Re: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Recon

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Like I told Goslin. Where was this anger when the right said that white people voted for Obama out of white guilt? I'm sure you was offended to right?
    "the right" said that about all white people?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •