Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 219

Thread: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Reconstru

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Recon

    Quote Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
    This has got to be killing Kobie and his ilk who's world view maintains that all White Southerners are hood wearing KKK members.......funny stuff
    Its got to be.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Recon

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Me? I'll thank you to link to the post where I ever claimed anything of the sort.
    Whats the mood in utica tonight? Probably pretty dreary.

  3. #13
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    86,358

    Re: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Recon

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Do you deal entirely in bull**** strawman arguments?
    Is the only thing you can do is cry about my comments?

    Why aren't you celebrating Tim Scott's historic victory?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  4. #14
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    48,143

    Re: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Recon

    Did you see that Mia Love got elected last night too? She will be the first black Republican Congressional rep in history. I was waiting for Al Sharpton to get excited about it. He didn't.

  5. #15
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    54,759

    Re: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Recon

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Is the only thing you can do is cry about my comments?

    Why aren't you celebrating Tim Scott's historic victory?
    Why didn't you celebrate Obama's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    We have no reason not to believe him. [North Korean Dictator and Mass Murder Kim Jong-Un] has been very honest and accommodating.

  6. #16
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    54,759

    Re: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Recon

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Did you see that Mia Love got elected last night too? She will be the first black Republican Congressional rep in history. I was waiting for Al Sharpton to get excited about it. He didn't.
    Sharpton is a Democrat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    We have no reason not to believe him. [North Korean Dictator and Mass Murder Kim Jong-Un] has been very honest and accommodating.

  7. #17
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Recon

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Libbos should be very excited this victory. No?
    Why should we be excited about a republican winning? Do you get a hard on when a black democrat wins?

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  8. #18
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Recon

    All the excitement that republicans have over two black senators shows how far behind they are with the rest of the country.

    WELCOME TO THE 21ST CENTURY !!!!!!

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  9. #19
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    54,759

    Re: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Recon

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    All the excitement that republicans have over two black senators shows how far behind they are with the rest of the country.

    WELCOME TO THE 21ST CENTURY !!!!!!
    It is pretty fun to watch them fall all over themselves to praise finally electing a black person. I thought republicans didn't like racial politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    We have no reason not to believe him. [North Korean Dictator and Mass Murder Kim Jong-Un] has been very honest and accommodating.

  10. #20
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    06-20-18 @ 06:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,928

    Re: Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Recon

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Reconstruction

    COLUMBIA, South Carolina South Carolina voters have sent Republican Tim Scott back to the U.S. Senate, making him the first black candidate to win a statewide race since just after the Civil War. Scott was declared the winner based on projections from exit poll data.

    Scott has served in the U.S. Senate since January 2013, appointed to the post by Gov. Nikki Haley after Jim DeMint resigned. He has spent his time quietly building support back home and expanding his base from Charleston. His seat will be up for re-election for a full term in 2016. Scott is also the first African-American senator from the South since Reconstruction.

    Tim Scott wins US Senate race and is 1st black to win statewide in SC since Reconstruction

    A historic achievement! Congrats to Scott for this.

    Hopefully he wont receive the same guff he got last time from the democrat party.

    I am sure that behind the scenes, the democrats are referring to him as an "uncle tom".

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •