Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 70

Thread: Trending: More college students support post-birth abortion

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Trending: More college students support post-birth abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Wow....Isn't the infestation of progressive radicals in positions of education wonderful? And we as parents PAY THEM to infect our kids minds like this.

    You're actually using anecdotal evidence as your support for this claim and you want to be taken seriously? Really?

  2. #12
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trending: More college students support post-birth abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You're actually using anecdotal evidence as your support for this claim and you want to be taken seriously? Really?
    j-Mac has always had a forte for posting extremely questionable links.

    He once used conservapedia in a thread to support his positions.

    But this one takes the cake.

    The idea that "anecdotal evidence" supports the notion that progressives are lining up to kill 5 year olds is so outrageous it disqualifies him from any and all intelligent debate in the future.

  3. #13
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,176

    Re: Trending: More college students support post-birth abortion

    I have never heard of this in my entire life. I have been active in pro-choice circles for 10 years, and I was recently in college.

    But that's not surprising, given that the "source" is empty anecdote by a bunch of foaming anti-choicers famous for lying about everything.

    Statistically, abortion opinions have changed very little in recent decades. Since most people aren't even ok with abortion after 20 weeks, it makes absolutely no sense that they'd be ok with child killing at 5 years old. That is just completely divorced from reality.

  4. #14
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,420

    Re: Trending: More college students support post-birth abortion

    As someone that is socially liberal, I remember with our son we were thinking the first 5 years were obviously a trial basis and if it didn't work out we would just take a mulligan and try again.

    We adopted our daughters at age 4 and 9, so with the 9 year old we were pretty much stuck with her regardless, but the 4 year old we still had a 1 year trial basis.... You know because that's how us social liberals think. Human life means nothing to us anymore... at least up until age 5.....
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Trending: More college students support post-birth abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    No, it's just the old not accepting change because it scares them, whether that change may be good or bad ;P

    +2 to slyfox, well said on those posts.
    Ahhh the "wisdom" of youth. "Those stupid old scardy cats"

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Trending: More college students support post-birth abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    I have never heard of this in my entire life. I have been active in pro-choice circles for 10 years, and I was recently in college.

    But that's not surprising, given that the "source" is empty anecdote by a bunch of foaming anti-choicers famous for lying about everything.

    Statistically, abortion opinions have changed very little in recent decades. Since most people aren't even ok with abortion after 20 weeks, it makes absolutely no sense that they'd be ok with child killing at 5 years old. That is just completely divorced from reality.
    You do know your pres supports so called late term abortion don't you? A needle through the brain, it works every time.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,325

    Re: Trending: More college students support post-birth abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    No, it's just the old not accepting change because it scares them, whether that change may be good or bad ;P

    +2 to slyfox, well said on those posts.


    LOL !!

    Yes, because young people are known for their " wisdom ".

  8. #18
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,704

    Re: Trending: More college students support post-birth abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    No, it's just the old not accepting change because it scares them, whether that change may be good or bad ;P

    +2 to slyfox, well said on those posts.
    No this: You will not believe what you just wrote in 10 years.

    Wisdom is acquired over time and there is no fast track. You will learn this as most have.

    Never trust an old person with the ideology of an 18 year old.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Trending: More college students support post-birth abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    LOL !!

    Yes, because young people are known for their " wisdom ".
    Just like older people never suffer from diminished intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Wisdom is acquired over time and there is no fast track. You will learn this as most have.

    Never trust an old person with the ideology of an 18 year old.
    I disagree with your intended meaning. Once one reaches 18, age has very little effect on wisdom. Experience/learning is what affects wisdom, not age. And yes, obviously, an older person is much more likely to have gained life experiences, but it is not a certainty. A theoretical person who is insulated from the world would have less wisdom at the age of 40 than an 18 year old who has spent the last 6 years having to live on the street, provide for themselves, etc.

    My point is that age does not grant wisdom. The only thing age guarantees is another step closer to dying.

  10. #20
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,006

    Re: Trending: More college students support post-birth abortion

    I don't know how long many of you have been away from College....

    However, I clearly remember times when the over zealous "Constitution Party" at my campus was setting up shop in the student center and harassing every passer by while having pictures of dead fetus's all over the place.

    I remember that, in general, most students treated the group with mockery at best and disdain at worst largely due to their tactics, attitude, and the fact people were more concerned with going to grab some food in one of the mess halls or chat about the latest movie or video game in the Student Center rather than having politics shoved down their throats.

    There's not a doubt in my mind that if pro-life groups were being irritated ****s to other college students on campus that you'd have a large number of students purposefully and intentionally just ****ing with them by saying outrageous things they know would annoy or piss those people off.

    Forgive me if I'm not buying the anecdotal evidence collected by a bunch of college pro-life groups...none of which I've ever ran into that hasn't been amazingly obnoxious...trying to portray the things said to them by a bunch of other college students as some kind of legitimate feeling on behalf of those students and not just the equivilent to trolling.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •