Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 436

Thread: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

  1. #331
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,694

    Re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Actually they did. Look at the protections blacks and indians have, now. In no other nation in human history could that happen.
    I'm not talking about now; please follow the conversation. We're talking about from the founding.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  2. #332
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm not talking about now; please follow the conversation. We're talking about from the founding.
    I know what you meant and you're wrong. The foundation laid by the founders got us here. Without them, it probably wouldn't have happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #333
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Maybe the black community just doesn't like what the Republicans are selling.
    What are the Republicans selling?

  4. #334
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    What are the Republicans selling?
    Why, slavery. Don't you know that Republicans want bring back slavery?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #335
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    The Nation of Islam has been around in this country for quite a while and the founders really didn't do much to see to it that blacks and indians were treated as eaquals did they... There is nothing far left about what's right.
    Here is what "The Nation Of Islam" is up to, as well as deciding who should be able to speak in American Universities. Would you have preferred them as your 'Founding Fathers"?

    ISIS Snuffs Out Ancient Christianity

  6. #336
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why, slavery. Don't you know that Republicans want bring back slavery?
    And people are, like the War On Women, buying it!

  7. #337
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,694

    Re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Here is what "The Nation Of Islam" is up to, as well as deciding who should be able to speak in American Universities. Would you have preferred them as your 'Founding Fathers"?

    ISIS Snuffs Out Ancient Christianity
    I'm not interested in the Nation of Islam or Louis Farakan, or Your Black Muslim Bakery etc etc. I'm making the point that human history shows that religion creates violence. So if you're going to yell about Muslims then Chrtistians should look in the mirror as well.

    And that crack about the founding fathers is just silly. To that I can say, so, you support slavery and racism then...
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  8. #338
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And people are, like the War On Women, buying it!
    It's all about fear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #339
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm not interested in the Nation of Islam or Louis Farakan, or Your Black Muslim Bakery etc etc. I'm making the point that human history shows that religion creates violence. So if you're going to yell about Muslims then Chrtistians should look in the mirror as well.

    And that crack about the founding fathers is just silly. To that I can say, so, you support slavery and racism then...
    Like what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #340
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,042

    Re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Propaganda is a poweful tool.
    Yes apdst, we know. You hate muslims, you think black people are brainwashed and you like to cite Robert M. Groom, known contributor to Holocaust Denial websites and white power revisionist history. You're completely impervious to propaganda.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They're Muslims and I hate Muslims.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •