Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 436

Thread: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

  1. #281
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Well, let's face it. You may be the only 'black' person who actually likes the KKK. Hard to take anything you say on slavery and racism seriously.
    That's an ugly thing to say. You must be a Democrat, right?

  2. #282
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    No. Slavery in colonial North America included Blacks, Native Americans, and to a limited extent, Whites. Slavery is an evil system, but racism is separate from it.
    Along with that, there were indians that owned black slaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #283
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Along with that, there were indians that owned black slaves.
    Yeah, but the only reason they owned slaves was because they were Indians

  4. #284
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Yeah, but the only reason they owned slaves was because they were Indians
    Indians must all be racists, too. Wait, is it racist to say indian slave owners were racist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #285
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Indians must all be racists, too. Wait, is it racist to say indian slave owners were racist?
    Slavery can be based on other things besides race.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  6. #286
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Indians must all be racists, too. Wait, is it racist to say indian slave owners were racist?
    Hm.... I think given the Immutable Law Of White Guilt, we would have to come to the conclusion that Indians were only slave-owners because Evil White People stole their land and forced them into farming, which was a slave-heavy industry at the time. So Indians aren't racist, but victims for owning slaves. Owning slaves is only racist when Whites do it, except when Indians do it, when it is indirectly racist, but indirectly racist of the Whites, because they are the ones making them do it.

  7. #287
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Slavery can be based on other things besides race.
    You don't say!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #288
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Hm.... I think given the Immutable Law Of White Guilt, we would have to come to the conclusion that Indians were only slave-owners because Evil White People stole their land and forced them into farming, which was a slave-heavy industry at the time. So Indians aren't racist, but victims for owning slaves. Owning slaves is only racist when Whites do it, except when Indians do it, when it is indirectly racist, but indirectly racist of the Whites, because they are the ones making them do it.
    Indian slave owners were trying to act white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #289
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Indian slave owners were trying to act white.
    yeah, but that's just the kind of self-hating racism that is really the result of the racism of the White Man.

  10. #290
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Slavery can be based on other things besides race.

Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •