Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 436

Thread: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

  1. #271
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm not the one that believes slavery existed for the soul purpose of keeping the black man down and that being anti-slave is the soul qualifier to make someone immune to accusations of racism, based on 21st standards.
    Well, let's face it. You may be the only 'black' person who actually likes the KKK. Hard to take anything you say on slavery and racism seriously.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  2. #272
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,262

    re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Well, let's face it. You may be the only 'black' person who actually likes the KKK. Hard to take anything you say on slavery and racism seriously.


    I dont think apdst is a Democrat.

  3. #273
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    No, he's about as far to the Right as you can get. He'd David Duke Right. And he sure does love him some KKK. Hard to believe for a 'black' guy, isn't it? Or maybe it isn't for you.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  4. #274
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,878

    re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You don't make people slaves because of the color of their skin. As with Muslims in Africa now, you make people slaves because of disproportionate power. There has been White on White, Black on Black and everything in between. In fact you may be interested to know that the word "Slave" comes from Slav, or Slavic.
    Why are you talking about slaves? Irrelevant as far as I can tell...

    That Muslims would want the Founding Fathers of the United States portrayed as the catchall term 'racist' points out how much more clever they are than many Americans in the educational and political areas, and how these same Americans can easily ignore Muslims atrocities going on in the world today.
    I disagree. Most Americans know that the Founding Fathers were potential racists and some slave holders but also that they were great Enlightened Thinkers that set up the foundations for one of the greatest set of documents and laws for the greatest nation ever to set foot on Earth.

    You love them terrorists though...

    War and the capture of slaves, or simply murdering the opposition, had nothing to do with 'racism'. This is a modern conceit, and one that is ridiculously overused.
    I don't think that you have the faintest clue as to what I just said... try reading it again.

    Originally Posted by Bodhisattva
    That does not negate that most races were racist. It is simple. Thinking or treating others poorly due to the color of their skin is racist. This is an age old truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #275
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    They were slaves because they were black. All the denial of that fact doesn't make it untrue.
    No. Slavery in colonial North America included Blacks, Native Americans, and to a limited extent, Whites. Slavery is an evil system, but racism is separate from it.

  6. #276
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,567

    re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Under a far left administration this is what is happening in our country.


    School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists | Fox News



    By Todd Starnes
    Published October 27, 2014FoxNews.com


    (Courtesy Sommer Bauer)


    The mother of an eight-year-old wants to know why a Tennessee school teacher gave her child a handout from the Nation of Islam that portrayed the presidents on Mount Rushmore as being racists.
    How can stating facts possibly be portraying them in a bad light? Their actions portrayed them in a bad light. Are you trying to claim our founding fathers didn't own slaves?

    And wtf does this have to do with Obama? Senility, NP?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  7. #277
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    How incredibly ironic that you include a quote by Jefferson, a man who owned slaves all his life and even at his death, unlike Washington, refused to free them.
    Indeed. As I pointed out to you, it was a contradiction the Founders were keenly aware of. Which is why your claim that "What the Founders did was basically ignore it [slavery] and pretend it didn't exist was and remains historically illiterate.

  8. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    How about just recognizing the fact that some of these people were deeply flawed human beings, and pointing it out should not be condemned. Why is it so difficult for some of you to accept that fact?
    All human beings are flawed, some more than others. But these men should be recognized for they did in creating a country out of nothing, and have it last for almost 240 years. This is certainly longer than most every other country in the world and a magnificent achievement.

    But Ben Franking saw the weaknesses being exhibited to day when he responded to “Well, Doctor, what have we got—a Republic or a Monarchy?” with “A Republic, if you can keep it.”

    It looks like the present generation is throwing this Republic away.

  9. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    How exactly did the Founders 'highlight' this tension? What the Founders did was basically ignore it and pretend it didn't exist. The Civil War and 100 years of Jim Crow was the price paid for this hypocrisy.
    That slanderous "history" sounds like something from an old issue of Soviet Life, or maybe an Oliver Stone movie. In leftist propaganda, the United States is inherently rotten because of the rottenness of the white men who created it. It's sort of a secular version of the Christian doctrine than mankind is inherently tainted because of original sin.

    In 1787, the central problem for Americans was survival, with the narrowest of victories over the world's most powerful nation only four years in the past and no guarantee that it or some other foreign power would not attack the states again. Washington had been plagued throughout the war by as shortage of troops, partly because the Articles of Confederation hadn't been a strong enough central authority under which to raise them. The problem of mutual defense demanded that a new nation with enough authority to create an adequate military be formed, and quickly.

    Far from what you so glibly assert, slavery was a very difficult problem for the delegates to the Constitutional Convention. The three parts of the Constitution that address slavery were all hard-fought compromises. In this place at that time, those were the best compromises that could be achieved consistent with having a United States at all. The problem remained, but it was resolved by the deaths of three hundred thousand or more Union men, almost all of them white, in the Civil War. In proportion to the population, that was at least six or seven times as many dead as this country lost during World War Two.

    Of course for those who like to run this country down, nothing could ever be enough. It's a horrible, wicked place with a sinful past--and yet many of them seem to like living here well enough.
    Last edited by matchlight; 10-30-14 at 07:16 PM.

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: School's Nation of Islam handout paints Founding Fathers as racists [W:293]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    I don't know what school you went to, but throughout my school life I was taught that these people were demi-gods and I and my school mates were fed pablum about how they created this perfect society. It wasn't until I got to college that some of their flaws were pointed out - like owning slaves, for example. I fully admit they did some good things. But to ignore the great tragedy of this country - which is slavery - is to exist in a fantasyland.
    Nobody is ignoring it and that you thought they were demi-Gods is only a problem for you. Good things? They did great things! You've already been given a list of their feelings about slavery so why condemn these men for something that was largely beyond their control? In fact a civil war had to be fought in order that this wrong was made right.

    What would you have had them do, apart from creating a hugely successful blueprint for a new country?

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •