Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: Boehner: Bush would have punched Putin in the nose

  1. #21
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Boehner: Bush would have punched Putin in the nose

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Wholesale rape and murder of women and children is wholesale rape and murder of women and children. Or is there a distinction that you're trying to draw here?
    The distinction is scale. Do you have a problem with noting factors of power in difference regarding scale?

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boehner: Bush would have punched Putin in the nose

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    250k to genocide (towns of 10k with chems), institutionalized rape, 17 unscr violations and a fake wmd program. Ok, go...
    How many times has Israel done the same? They also won't disclose their WMD's. Should they be invaded too?

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boehner: Bush would have punched Putin in the nose

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The distinction is scale. Do you have a problem with noting factors of power in difference regarding scale?
    No, not at all. I was just wondering what distinction he was using.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boehner: Bush would have punched Putin in the nose

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Clinton claims failing to intervene is his greatest presidential regret.

    It's not like there were good guys. World history is full of such things, so what?
    Which is, after all, meaningless.

    Saddam was a POS that we supported until he messed with "people" (oil) we obviously backed up with full military force. We looked the other way for many of those atrocities, like gassing the Kurds and then crushing their rebellion after President George H.W. Bush told them to overthrow Saddam. I'm not even remotely trying to suggest that Saddam deserved to live, but after a person learns of the filth we've associated with, and the terrible inhumane things those people have done with our support, the morality argument for disposing Saddam weakens considerably. Because if we're going to base our interventions on morality, we'd be invading pretty much all of Africa, the Middle East and sporadic countries in Asia, most notably, North Korea and China. Now, if you want to add the, "Saddam was a threat to the United States," that argument is similarly bull****.

  5. #25
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Boehner: Bush would have punched Putin in the nose

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    How many times has Israel done the same?
    That would none. Given you're unaware of such basic facts, it's difficult to figure what you might be on about.

    They also won't disclose their WMD's. Should they be invaded too?
    They didn't sign the NPT and comparing them to Saddam or the Iranian regime is disgusting stupidity. Do you have a point?

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boehner: Bush would have punched Putin in the nose

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    That would none. Unaware of such basic facts, it's difficult to figure what you might be on about.
    No, it is you that is unaware of "such basic facts." You're seriously going to try and say that Israel has never violated a single U.N. Security Council Resolution?

  7. #27
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Boehner: Bush would have punched Putin in the nose

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Saddam was a POS that we supported until he messed with "people" (oil)
    No matter how many times I correct you, you'll continue to tell that lie? I've shown you US lead international sanctions against Saddam began (no later than) 1984 under Reagan and Thatcher. A little basic history knowledge would be nice.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boehner: Bush would have punched Putin in the nose

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    No matter how many times I correct you, you'll continue to tell that lie? I've shown you sanctions against Saddam began in 1984 under Reagan and Thatcher. A little basic history would be nice.
    What lie? That we supported him? That's not a lie. If you think it is, then I'm sorry, man, but it is, once again, you that is lacking historical knowledge.

  9. #29
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Boehner: Bush would have punched Putin in the nose

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    No, it is you that is unaware of "such basic facts." You're seriously going to try and say that Israel has never violated a single U.N. Security Council Resolution?
    There's no UNSCR against Israel because the US would veto any such resolution. Therefore the violation, by Israel, of a UNSCR against it is an impossibility.

    You don't have any idea how the UN, UNSC or resolutions against nations work at all, do you? You're just presumming that any resolution calling for anything that Israel did not abide by perfectly is the same thing as the violation of a Chapter 7 UNSCR? Ignorant nonsense.

  10. #30
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Boehner: Bush would have punched Putin in the nose

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    What lie? That we supported him? That's not a lie. If you think it is, then I'm sorry, man, but it is, once again, you that is lacking historical knowledge.
    The US lead international sanctions against Saddam beginning in 1984, specifically to ban selling him weapons. And you claim the US was supporting him? That's clearly BS.

    What's next, Alex Jones anthrax crap? Do spare us.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •