Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 132

Thread: US ordered to explain withholding of Iraq and Afghanistan torture photos

  1. #121
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,457

    Re: US ordered to explain withholding of Iraq and Afghanistan torture photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You know, I'm not really interested in this little "my ideology is the one true American ideology" fight. Not only is it stupid, but it is completely laughable that people like you would think their ideology would qualify. Anyway, chances are you will get false information because the individual in question just wants you to stop abusing them. I sure hope all that torture didn't take up valuable time that you could have been using on effective methods.
    You're the one that has to live with the deaths of your fellow Americans, not me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: US ordered to explain withholding of Iraq and Afghanistan torture photos

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're the one that has to live with the deaths of your fellow Americans, not me.
    Whatever I decide to do there is a chance it might not work, but at least I know I didn't lose myself by doing barbaric things to people with the hope it might gain me some information.

  3. #123
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: US ordered to explain withholding of Iraq and Afghanistan torture photos

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    You cant really argue that if even 1 innocent got tortured. That would be hypocritical.
    I hope I misunderstood your point here, but just in case I didn't, I suggest you may want to go get a weapon and help ISIS or AQAP or someone else that feels like you do. Because I do not feel that my position is hypocritical at all, yet the position of a few here that retribution against the American people (innocent civilians that had nothing to do with the torturing) is just fine and that they should be targeted and killed by the jihadists... dang sure is hypocritical - which is exactly what would happen.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  4. #124
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,113

    Re: US ordered to explain withholding of Iraq and Afghanistan torture photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    You reap what you sow. When ISIS beheaded people it probably helped recruit people to join their opponents.
    Probably. It probably also served as a recruitment tool.


    Given your assumption that it was a net loss for them, however, why would we want to repeat their error and encourage people to join terrorist groups?

  5. #125
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,113

    Re: US ordered to explain withholding of Iraq and Afghanistan torture photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Sure, and how much will torturing people help your cause?
    My life was probably saved at one point because by torture. The really ****ty thing about torture is that it works.

    As for me, I can think of more effective and less inhumane ways to save peoples lives.
    What level SERE graduate are you?

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: US ordered to explain withholding of Iraq and Afghanistan torture photos

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What mass murder?
    I wasn't referring to any particular genocidal mass murder, could be Sudan, Rwanda, WWII. We see the pictures in the press.

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: US ordered to explain withholding of Iraq and Afghanistan torture photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, and these people were not trying to save American lives. They were trying to feel powerful and to get this feeling they abused fellow human beings.

    Do you remember the old excuse people like yourself used for these people? "Oh, they were just stressed", because as we all know how to deal with stress is to strip people naked, make them bark like dogs, force them to masturbate, and for good measure rape a few of them. Yup, I hear everyone does that kind of stuff when they get stressed. Yup.
    One of the problems with legalized torture and murder is that he people doing start enjoying it.

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: US ordered to explain withholding of Iraq and Afghanistan torture photos

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    My life was probably saved at one point because by torture. The really ****ty thing about torture is that it works.
    It might work sometimes, but then pretty much anything might work sometimes.

    What level SERE graduate are you?
    Why is that necessary?

  9. #129
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,113

    Re: US ordered to explain withholding of Iraq and Afghanistan torture photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    It might work sometimes, but then pretty much anything might work sometimes.
    Lots of things do. Torture, unfortunately, however, is very often effective, especially if done intelligently. The number of people who are actually able to resist over time is extremely small.

    Why is that necessary?
    You stated I can think of more effective and less inhumane ways to save peoples lives; which seemed to suggest that you actually had a level of expertise in this subject. So I asked if you did.

  10. #130
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,113

    Re: US ordered to explain withholding of Iraq and Afghanistan torture photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    One of the problems with legalized torture and murder is that he people doing start enjoying it.
    That is very true. Studies of guards suggest that it is not, in fact, the new and untested guards who are the dangers for abuse, but rather the ones who are older, a bit more experienced, and have gotten desensitized to it.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •