Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 222

Thread: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

  1. #211
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,851

    Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I have:

    - allows parents to be aware that not locking their guns could carry prison time/fines etc.
    - in the case of school shootings, it could help police narrow down suspects.
    - parents who have children showing aggressive behavior can be warned that their children should stay away from guns.
    - makes the school aware of who could bring guns to school.

    Now: Tell us how having to report that you own a gun stigmatizes you? How would you be seen negatively by reporting that you own a gun to your kid's school?
    Just because you need close supervision in these areas doesn't mean that the rest of us do.

    1- parents can read the law themselves just like everyone else we don't need help.

    2-there are no suspects until there is probable cause. Once there is probable cause then a warrant will be issued. Just being on a list does not make one a suspect. Move on.

    3-parents are capable of reading and understanding just like everyone else. The doctors can cover that in their discussions with parents.

    4-no it doesn't. It means nothing. Nice try, but it doesn't work.

    Looks like that is 0 for 4.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  2. #212
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,046

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Just because you need close supervision in these areas doesn't mean that the rest of us do.
    Still with the ad-homs? Hm.

    1- parents can read the law themselves just like everyone else we don't need help.
    Good, now they can read about having to report a gun to school officials. Still can't tell us how it infringes your right to own guns? Good stuff.

    2-there are no suspects until there is probable cause.
    Who said otherwise? You're swinging and missing.

    Once there is probable cause then a warrant will be issued. Just being on a list does not make one a suspect. Move on.
    Never said that either. That's what? The second time you make up arguments out of thin air. I said the list could help narrow down suspects in an investigation.

    3-parents are capable of reading and understanding just like everyone else. The doctors can cover that in their discussions with parents.
    Lol... Please tell us all how school policies work on children with aggressive behavior. What doctor are they sent to? I'll give you a tip, the first people to deal with aggressive behavior in a school aren't doctors.

    4-no it doesn't. It means nothing. Nice try, but it doesn't work.
    Ummm - yes it does. Lol, kid A's parent owns guns? Kid A could bring a gun to school. See how simple that was?

    Looks like that is 0 for 4.
    It's funny to watch you come in and out of the thread only to have your arguments refuted to the point of "it's not the school's business!"
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #213
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Just because you need close supervision in these areas doesn't mean that the rest of us do.

    1- parents can read the law themselves just like everyone else we don't need help.

    2-there are no suspects until there is probable cause. Once there is probable cause then a warrant will be issued. Just being on a list does not make one a suspect. Move on.

    3-parents are capable of reading and understanding just like everyone else. The doctors can cover that in their discussions with parents.

    4-no it doesn't. It means nothing. Nice try, but it doesn't work.

    Looks like that is 0 for 4.

    the pathetic arguments in support of this law demonstrates what a silly law it was



  4. #214
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,046

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    no one has made a sensible argument for this law.
    Argument by assertion - RationalWiki

    And since I doubt anyone on this board understands gun crime investigations better than i do,
    Argument from authority - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    I know the arguments are specious that have been proffered in favor of this stupid law.
    Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #215
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    diversion-common tactic when the argument you try to make has no rational support



  6. #216
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,046

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    diversion-common tactic when the argument you try to make has no rational support
    No, I showed how that post is indicative of how little basis you have in this debate. None. Let's count how many things you've said that you haven't backed up:

    - Nasheed is anti-gun
    - This measure is anti-gun

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the problem is-we aren't dealing with that, we are dealing with a Democrat gun restrictionist who most likely wouldn't want white conservatives carrying the same weapon she did
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    anyone who is honest about the gun control scourge in this country understands that politicians are not willing (for the most part) to come out and admit they are gun banners YET.
    Status:False. The bills supported by Naheed even allow schools to designate armed guards at the school and oppose federal laws infringing on gun ownership. Now, does that sound like an anti-gun nut to you? It doesn't but you've avoided all types honesty in this debate. You won't even address the laws in question because of how little a case for 'anti-gun nut' you have.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #217
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    No, I showed how that post is indicative of how little basis you have in this debate. None. Let's count how many things you've said that you haven't backed up:

    - Nasheed is anti-gun
    - This measure is anti-gun





    Status:False. The bills supported by Naheed even allow schools to designate armed guards at the school and oppose federal laws infringing on gun ownership. Now, does that sound like an anti-gun nut to you? It doesn't but you've avoided all types honesty in this debate. You won't even address the laws in question because of how little a case for 'anti-gun nut' you have.
    the law is designed to stigmatize gun owners and has no rational purpose.

    I have addressed the law and it has no legitimate purpose or value



  8. #218
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,046

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the law is designed to stigmatize gun owners and has no rational purpose.
    And you've yet to demonstrate how. School records aren't available to other parents or their children. Hell, teachers who don't deal with that student have no access to the student's record. "Down grading" as possibility is absurd. If it was a valid argument, there'd be no reason for co-ed schools or even desegregated schools.

    I have addressed the law and it has no legitimate purpose or value
    Not really. You've spent 12+ posts saying you don't like it and it's gun nut legislation, when proven wrong, you won't even work up the effort to debate the legislation. What does that tell us? You had no case for calling Nasheed anti-gun. If you did, you'd be parading her anti-gun language all over the forum but you're not. Reminds me of when we had that argument where you told me you knew people who'd never heard of Obama in school. I laughed at that too.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #219
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    And you've yet to demonstrate how. School records aren't available to other parents or their children. Hell, teachers who don't deal with that student have no access to the student's record. "Down grading" as possibility is absurd. If it was a valid argument, there'd be no reason for co-ed schools or even desegregated schools.



    Not really. You've spent 12+ posts saying you don't like it and it's gun nut legislation, when proven wrong, you won't even work up the effort to debate the legislation. What does that tell us? You had no case for calling Nasheed anti-gun. If you did, you'd be parading her anti-gun language all over the forum but you're not. Reminds me of when we had that argument where you told me you knew people who'd never heard of Obama in school. I laughed at that too.
    you haven't proven me or anyone else wrong because your arguments in favor of this law are completely detached from reality when it comes to police investigations. You have an OPINION the the law is beneficial and I have an OPINION it does nothing legitimate. People will have to decide if I know more about criminal investigations than you do in order to decide which OPINION as more validity.

    what was Nasheed rated by the NRA in her last election effort?



  10. #220
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,046

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you haven't proven me or anyone else wrong
    Nasheed is not a gun nut. She supported a bill which allow teachers to carry weapons in school and made federal laws attacking the 2nd amendment void. That's the third time you're proven wrong.

    because your arguments in favor of this law are completely detached from reality when it comes to police investigations. You have an OPINION the the law is beneficial and I have an OPINION it does nothing legitimate. People will have to decide if I know more about criminal investigations than you do in order to decide which OPINION as more validity.

    what was Nasheed rated by the NRA in her last election effort?
    The NRA is not a deciding factor of anything. I'm using the very legislation they're citing as anti-gun to prove that they're wrong on this issue. So I ask:

    Is a person who votes in favor of armed school teachers anti gun?
    Is a person who votes in favor of voiding federal laws restricting the 2nd amendment anti-gun?

    Guess who did that?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •