Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 222

Thread: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

  1. #191
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Moving on to another argument? Okay Turtle, nobody said anything about the ATF or asking for all 4437s. What was said is that gun registries are already in existence through various means and you just provided another one, 4473s. The government doesn't need a gun registry because in the event of a criminal investigation, the guns you own are registered in 2-3 places as a minimum. Now: how does reporting that you own guns to a school infringe on your right to own guns? You can't even tell us how it stigmatizes gun owners.

    Is the information publicly available? No.
    Is the information available on demand to law enforcement? No.
    Is there any right violated by having to provide it? No.

    It's a shame you won't even admit those few issues and all you keep screaming is how this is a measure of gun control or some other nonsense. It isn't.
    You still haven't told us what legitimate reason the school has



  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Suppose divorced father Joe lives in a rural Missouri town and has his minor son stay with him some weekends. The boy lives with his mother in a town 100 miles away and goes to school there. Money's tight with Joe, so although his occasional chats over a beer with his neighbor Frank have gotten him interested in target shooting, he's never wanted to spend the money for a rifle. One day Frank, who's just bought a new rifle, gives Joe his old .22 Marlin so he can accompany him to the local target range.

    Under the bill she supported, Joe would be guilty of an infraction and could be fined $100, unless within a month of Frank's gift he sent his son's school a letter informing them of it. I take it back--this woman makes Cynthia McKinney look smart. Does she think--maybe from watching the lawless antics of President Pinocchio, who undoubtedly is her idol--that whenever the Constitution of the U.S. inconveniently interferes with one of her statist pipe dreams, she can just ignore it?

    A few questions for her admirers here: Do you know what a fundamental right is, as the Supreme Court defines the term? Do you know what that means for laws that restrict any right that belongs to that select group? Do you know that in 2008, the Court held that the right to keep and bear arms applies to individual Americans, and that it is fundamental? Do you know in 2010, the Court held that that right is also protected against infringement by states? Do you know that Missouri is a state?

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You still haven't told us what legitimate reason the school has
    Since when does anyone need a legitimate reason for doing what's right? After all, our President doesn't worry about laws, and reasons for them, and all that dumb stuff. Why are you always sticking up for these bloodthirsty RW's? They just want to murder our children for the crime of being black, while they're not busy murdering helpless animals, just for fun. Guns hurt living things, and they are just plain yucky! Arms are for hugging, and violence never solved anything.

  4. #194
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,104

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    What is this area we are posting in? Non-Mainstream media, pray tell?

    So, this isn't going to be covered in USA Today.

    My quote that gun registration DOES lead to gun confiscation is true---but I didn't say gun registration leads to confiscation IMMEDIATELY, or EVERY TIME.

    The erosion of gun rights in blue states is on going.
    You are correct, this area is a safe haven for political porn posters. That said, you simply used an opinion piece to support your opinion, and that opinion piece was very poorly supported.... so, you in essence, posted a house of cards argument, and me as the building inspector, have condemned your structure, as it is woefully unsafe.

  5. #195
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You still haven't told us what legitimate reason the school has
    I have:

    - allows parents to be aware that not locking their guns could carry prison time/fines etc.
    - in the case of school shootings, it could help police narrow down suspects.
    - parents who have children showing aggressive behavior can be warned that their children should stay away from guns.
    - makes the school aware of who could bring guns to school.

    Now: Tell us how having to report that you own a gun stigmatizes you? How would you be seen negatively by reporting that you own a gun to your kid's school?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #196
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I have:

    - allows parents to be aware that not locking their guns could carry prison time/fines etc.
    - in the case of school shootings, it could help police narrow down suspects.
    - parents who have children showing aggressive behavior can be warned that their children should stay away from guns.
    - makes the school aware of who could bring guns to school.

    Now: Tell us how having to report that you own a gun stigmatizes you? How would you be seen negatively by reporting that you own a gun to your kid's school?
    the main issue I see is that it would stigmatize the children.

    "his/her family owns GUNS, be careful around them because they might bring a gun in and kill us".
    Even if there's zero chance of that, you know damn well kids and even teachers/administration would in some cases think that way.
    Perhaps even single out kids for more scrutiny.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #197
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I have:

    - allows parents to be aware that not locking their guns could carry prison time/fines etc.
    - in the case of school shootings, it could help police narrow down suspects.
    - parents who have children showing aggressive behavior can be warned that their children should stay away from guns.
    - makes the school aware of who could bring guns to school.

    Now: Tell us how having to report that you own a gun stigmatizes you? How would you be seen negatively by reporting that you own a gun to your kid's school?
    1) a complete joke-should parents who drink have to notify the school so as to be aware that drunk driving is a crime

    2) if there is a shooting one would assume they found a shooter-there is your suspect-are you claiming every parent would be under suspicion. therefore the harassment concern is really

    3) are parents of aggressive kids who did not claim to have guns going to receive no warning



    I am a nationally prominent shooter. they'd know already



  8. #198
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    1) a complete joke-should parents who drink have to notify the school so as to be aware that drunk driving is a crime
    Why go with alcohol? Hell, parents are regularly told to keep their alcohol away from kids through agendas, zero alcohol policies etc. Parents who have kids with allergies have report it to the school. Does that stigmatize the children?

    2) if there is a shooting one would assume they found a shooter-there is your suspect-are you claiming every parent would be under suspicion. therefore the harassment concern is really
    It's a good thing we're not working off assumptions.

    3) are parents of aggressive kids who did not claim to have guns going to receive no warning
    Of course they do, counselors warn parents to keep their kids away from violent situations. Knowing that there are guns in the household provides a second reason to give that warning.

    I am a nationally prominent shooter. they'd know already
    Good, then you don't have to report it. As to the other millions of parents with guns... they should.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #199
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Why go with alcohol? Hell, parents are regularly told to keep their alcohol away from kids through agendas, zero alcohol policies etc. Parents who have kids with allergies have report it to the school. Does that stigmatize the children?



    It's a good thing we're not working off assumptions.



    Of course they do, counselors warn parents to keep their kids away from violent situations. Knowing that there are guns in the household provides a second reason to give that warning.



    Good, then you don't have to report it. As to the other millions of parents with guns... they should.
    I disagree

    the law wouldn't stand up in court

    given how pathetic the arguments in support of the law is, its obviously something that twit in office pushed to pander to anti gun voters



  10. #200
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    the main issue I see is that it would stigmatize the children.

    "his/her family owns GUNS, be careful around them because they might bring a gun in and kill us".
    Do you know what happens to a teacher who discusses a student's school record openly with people they're not supposed to?

    Even if there's zero chance of that, you know damn well kids and even teachers/administration would in some cases think that way.
    Perhaps even single out kids for more scrutiny.
    Alright, I'm going to say this: That scenario wouldn't work well under any circumstance for the school. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen so there is no interest in using the fact that the kid's parents own guns if the situation doesn't call for it. Not only would the parents have grounds to claim that their children was discriminated against, it would be a **** storm for the school disctrict.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •