Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 222

Thread: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

  1. #181
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,869

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Hey, you are the one who couldn't keep your own argument slippery slope argument intact.
    But he did not intentionally modify quotes and lie like you did.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  2. #182
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,056

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    scenario #1

    Little Guido takes a gun to school and is busted. Little Guido claims his dad left the gun in the living room. Cops got to dad and charge him with improper storage. No need to know dad had a gun until a crime was committed
    Hole #1: What happens if the kid puts the gun back in storage before the police find him?

    Scenario #2. Little Guido gets a gun from Luka for some primo hydro. Little Guido gets busted and rats about Luka.
    #2. Eh... so? This scenario has no end! I must know the end!

    Scenario #3- Guido's parents are on the list of gun owners-Guido gets the gun from Luka but his parents are immediately named as suspects by the authorities
    #3. Lol... ummm why would the parents be named as a suspects of anything when the gun didn't belong to them and they committed no crime?

    You're trying too hard.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #183
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,056

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    But he...
    3rd time you say this because your arguments are too weak to actually discuss what is being explained by that post. Do you understand what extrapolation means? If you don't, move along. This is no place for you, my child.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #184
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Hole #1: What happens if the kid puts the gun back in storage before the police find him?



    #2. Eh... so? This scenario has no end! I must know the end!



    #3. Lol... ummm why would the parents be named as a suspects of anything when the gun didn't belong to them and they committed no crime?

    You're trying too hard.
    1) seems like the cops cannot prove he had a gun then does it

    2) this happens a fair amount.

    3) we don't have gun registration. That will be the next step people like that twit want. So how do the parents clear themselves? They are assumed to be the source of the gun if the kid doesn't fess up



  5. #185
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,056

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    1) seems like the cops cannot prove he had a gun then does it
    Ummm... yes... then they check the kid's school records, find out his parents did - ask him to see the weapon. Little Guido doesn't sound like he'd have parents who'd admit such things anyways.

    2) this happens a fair amount.
    Eh... yeah... making scenarios about people getting killed... where no one gets killed.... in a discussion about reporting guns to school.... does happen a lot....

    3) we don't have gun registration. That will be the next step people like that twit want.
    I split this in 2 because the first part made me laugh:

    You really think you don't? Lol, you think the tens of thousands who buy guns/ammo with credit cards/debit cards every year aren't logged somewhere accessible by the US government? You think background checks aren't a form of registration? You think that every time people get a membership to a range, your information isn't registered somewhere accessible by the US government? You really think so? Federal gun registration in all its different variants is already as much a fact as Monday Night Football.

    So how do the parents clear themselves? They are assumed to be the source of the gun if the kid doesn't fess up
    Can you rephrase this, I honestly have trouble seeing where this statement is going.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #186
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,869

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    3rd time you say this because your arguments are too weak to actually discuss what is being explained by that post. Do you understand what extrapolation means? If you don't, move along. This is no place for you, my child.
    No place for unethical liars who repeat their dishonest behavior over and over.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  7. #187
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Ummm... yes... then they check the kid's school records, find out his parents did - ask him to see the weapon. Little Guido doesn't sound like he'd have parents who'd admit such things anyways.



    Eh... yeah... making scenarios about people getting killed... where no one gets killed.... in a discussion about reporting guns to school.... does happen a lot....



    I split this in 2 because the first part made me laugh:

    You really think you don't? Lol, you think the tens of thousands who buy guns/ammo with credit cards/debit cards every year aren't logged somewhere accessible by the US government? You think background checks aren't a form of registration? You think that every time people get a membership to a range, your information isn't registered somewhere accessible by the US government? You really think so? Federal gun registration in all its different variants is already as much a fact as Monday Night Football.



    Can you rephrase this, I honestly have trouble seeing where this statement is going.
    before I take this idiocy apart since I know gun laws in and out, answer me one question

    How many guns have you ever bought?

    the ATF cannot just go to a dealer and demand to see all the 4473s. Only if they have a gun can they find out who the first retail buyer was

    when a BGC is done, all they ask is LONG-GUN OR HANDGUN for age restrictions. Not the gun type, serial number etc



  8. #188
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,114

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]Those of you who choose to insult, bait, or snark at each other from here on out will be kicked out of the thread. Discuss the OP and the OP only.

  9. #189
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Greetings, Mo.

    Since they have tried a number of ways to attempt to discover how many people own guns, and more particularly who they are - which makes one wonder why they would want to know - I look at this as the latest attempt to abolish a right the Constitution states we have by law. Prediction: This won't work either, because the Second Amendment to the Constitution affirms the right of citizens to legally own guns. "No free man shall be debarred the use of arms." --Thomas Jefferson
    Greetings, Miss P

    Very well stated; unfortunately those on the left here can't comprehend your logical conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  10. #190
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,056

    Re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    before I take this idiocy apart since I know gun laws in and out, answer me one question

    How many guns have you ever bought?

    the ATF cannot just go to a dealer and demand to see all the 4473s. Only if they have a gun can they find out who the first retail buyer was
    Moving on to another argument? Okay Turtle, nobody said anything about the ATF or asking for all 4437s. What was said is that gun registries are already in existence through various means and you just provided another one, 4473s. The government doesn't need a gun registry because in the event of a criminal investigation, the guns you own are registered in 2-3 places as a minimum. Now: how does reporting that you own guns to a school infringe on your right to own guns? You can't even tell us how it stigmatizes gun owners.

    Is the information publicly available? No.
    Is the information available on demand to law enforcement? No.
    Is there any right violated by having to provide it? No.

    It's a shame you won't even admit those few issues and all you keep screaming is how this is a measure of gun control or some other nonsense. It isn't.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •