Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 222

Thread: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

  1. #171
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No they do not. Neither in any way restricts the ownership, usage, or anything else related to guns. Unless you definition of anti-gun is anything that you disagree with, these are not anti-gun.

    again that is a dishonest take on the law

    its designed to stigmatize gun owners and has absolutely no legitimate value.

    are kids of gun owners going to be treated differently? then its discriminatory.

    if not, what is the purpose



  2. #172
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I am a gun owner, I would find this harassing. QED.

    as to your second point massive fail

    If I own guns and my son brings a gun to school, they still have to prove it was a gun that came from our home-not one my son got from Billy for a pair of Nike shoes.

    You are just arguing for the sake of arguing. You seem to think stigmatizing people doesn't restrict their rights, The supreme court disagrees with you. In Title VII and related cases, anything that MIGHT reasonably chill a person from exercising their rights (as opposed to preventing them from exercising their rights) is a prima facie case of retaliation .

    and you have still failed to prove any value to this.
    That is pretty stupid. Since you have an irrational reaction, that means the laws only purpose is to cause you to have an irrational reaction...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #173
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    again that is a dishonest take on the law

    its designed to stigmatize gun owners and has absolutely no legitimate value.

    are kids of gun owners going to be treated differently? then its discriminatory.

    if not, what is the purpose
    Nope, no stigma attached unless some one wants to overreact, and that is their own fault.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #174
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Nope, no stigma attached unless some one wants to overreact, and that is their own fault.
    so you say, I deny it. its designed to stigmatize gun owners.

    TEll me how it has any use.



  5. #175
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I am a gun owner, I would find this harassing. QED.
    Terrible, no laws which TurtleDude feels harass him shall be made from now on.

    as to your second point massive fail

    If I own guns and my son brings a gun to school, they still have to prove it was a gun that came from our home-not one my son got from Billy for a pair of Nike shoes.
    Hey! Now we're getting closer to where I want you to be. By ensuring the school knows you own guns, you can save procedural time and doubt that it's your gun when the police come knocking. Now imagine if you will:

    Scenario A:

    Kid A shoots Kid B after school with gun he bought from Jamal the Drug Dealer and runs home to safety, ditches gun on the way but still the police figure out he's the killer.
    Police aren't sure where the gun used in the crime comes from as they can't find it.
    Police pull school records, find that parents (of Kid A) own some guns.
    Police ask parents to see weapons, they can't match them to the weapon used in the crime. Automatically, parents aren't held responsible for breaking any state/federal laws on gun storage.

    Scenario B:

    Kid A shoots Kid B after school with gun he bought from Jamal the Drug Dealer and runs home to safety.
    Police find the gun but can't figure out where it came from.
    Police pull school records, find that parents own some guns.
    Police ask parents to see weapons, they can't match them to the weapon used in the crime. Automatically, parents aren't held responsible for breaking any state/federal laws on gun storage.

    In neither scenario is there a harassment of gun owners.

    You are just arguing for the sake of arguing. You seem to think stigmatizing people doesn't restrict their rights, The supreme court disagrees with you. In Title VII and related cases, anything that MIGHT reasonably chill a person from exercising their rights (as opposed to preventing them from exercising their rights) is a prima facie case of retaliation .

    and you have still failed to prove any value to this.
    Alright, moving the goalposts some more eh Turtle? Fine. I'll play. How does reporting that you own a gun constitute a stigma? For example, do you believe that in any scenario where a gun must be reported/registered constitutes a stigma? Because that just means you're hypersensitive. Nothing else.

    PS: I'm glad you moved away from the "do blacks have to register" argument. That just seems silly given the fact that every year, parents/children provide information on their race, gender, color etc.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #176
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    do you actually believe that crap you just wrote.


    You clearly have absolutely no clue about law enforcement or this subject.

    or human nature



  7. #177
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,812

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    do you actually believe that crap you just wrote.


    You clearly have absolutely no clue about law enforcement or this subject.

    or human nature
    Nor common sense.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  8. #178
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Nor common sense.
    scenario #1

    Little Guido takes a gun to school and is busted. Little Guido claims his dad left the gun in the living room. Cops got to dad and charge him with improper storage. No need to know dad had a gun until a crime was committed

    Scenario #2. Little Guido gets a gun from Luka for some primo hydro. Little Guido gets busted and rats about Luka.

    Scenario #3- Guido's parents are on the list of gun owners-Guido gets the gun from Luka but his parents are immediately named as suspects by the authorities



  9. #179
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,833

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Don't complain cause I ignore the rest of your nonsense. Kids and parents don't have to notify schools of the allergies/guns/anything of others. You basically weaseled yourself out of that ridiculous slippery slope argument.
    Weaseled??

    And here I was trying to apologize to you...
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  10. #180
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Weaseled??

    And here I was trying to apologize to you...
    Hey, you are the one who couldn't keep your own argument slippery slope argument intact.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •