Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 222

Thread: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

  1. #101
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,431

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Well, how about your never-ending ideas supporting gun registrations?

    Registration lead to confiscations---as history has proved.

    Breaking: Gun Confiscation Begins in New York! | Conservative Daily
    Conservative Daily is not a site that delivers proof of anything other than its reader's like political porn.

    My favorite line: "....These two stories are in their infancy, however what is 100% VERIFIABLE is the fact that in every instance in modern history, firearm registration leads to confiscation!...."..... yet offers NOTHING verifiable. In essence, you just supported your statement that "....Registration lead to confiscations---as history has proved...." with some rag stating...."what is 100% VERIFIABLE is the fact that in every instance in modern history, firearm registration leads to confiscation!..." Two erroneous impressions do not make for fact.

    I am not certain what it is about the NRA and many gun zealots that take this binary view of gun opinion: A) you must support abated gun ownership or B) you are anti-gun. That is simply not an intelligent position. There are a spectrum of positions people can have on guns and gun ownership. This Missouri legislature apparently resides on the spectrum (as she is intelligent).... the people that think that she is some type of hypocrite given the facts live on the extremes..... Extreme positions are rarely intelligent positions.

  2. #102
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,522

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    again that is stupid assuming unrestricted access
    Whether access is assumed or isn't, you still fail to tell us how this restricts gun ownership. Can you tell us how? 6+ posts and you refuse to answer a simple question.

    its all about liberal idiots wanting to stigmatize gun ownership.

    your question is stupid, and a straw man. if a kid brings a gun to school and it is determined to be the parent's gun the parent is in hot water. TELL ME what good this stupid law does.

    the law you seem to support (maybe because its a black Democrat pushing it and it appears to be directed against white conservatives) does nothing additional other than try to stigmatize gun ownership
    Oh no! Gun ownership is stigmatized! Well, that's pretty relative and depends on how emotional you are about guns. I'm not. With that said, can you tell us how gun ownership being stigmatized restrict your right to own guns? You know the answer Tutle: It doesn't.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #103
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,663

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Ah, so now it's the parental notification. Fine - simple: By reporting to the school that they own guns, (good or bad) parents are made aware that if their children have unrestricted access to those guns - they will be held responsible for the actions of their children if anything were to happen. So now, with that said: How does being held accountable for the actions of your kids restrict you from gun ownership?
    The last time I checked, schools were supposed to be in the business of educating children. That's why it's called the department of education. Holding parents accountable for breaking laws is the job of ATF, FBI, or DOJ.

    Since the schools are not in the parent acounting business, there must be something else going on here. My best guess - harassment/indoctrination of the children of gun owners, or data collection for other purposes.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,522

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    The last time I checked, schools were supposed to be in the business of educating children.
    Great, but the 1930s are long gone now, iPads exist and the world is far more connected. Schools should be informed if a parent owns a gun just like they should be informed of any child who needs special meds, has a juvenile record, allergies etc. It allows the school to better deal with an incident. Now, whatever you think the school is doing has no bearing on the question: How does a school knowing about parents who own weapons stop those parents from owning weapons? Remember, the argument here is "gun control". So I'm asking how notifying a school that you own a gun controls your gun ownership rights.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #105
    Educator Flamethrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-13-15 @ 10:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,043

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Conservative Daily is not a site that delivers proof of anything other than its reader's like political porn.

    My favorite line: "....These two stories are in their infancy, however what is 100% VERIFIABLE is the fact that in every instance in modern history, firearm registration leads to confiscation!...."..... yet offers NOTHING verifiable. In essence, you just supported your statement that "....Registration lead to confiscations---as history has proved...." with some rag stating...."what is 100% VERIFIABLE is the fact that in every instance in modern history, firearm registration leads to confiscation!..." Two erroneous impressions do not make for fact.

    I am not certain what it is about the NRA and many gun zealots that take this binary view of gun opinion: A) you must support abated gun ownership or B) you are anti-gun. That is simply not an intelligent position. There are a spectrum of positions people can have on guns and gun ownership. This Missouri legislature apparently resides on the spectrum (as she is intelligent).... the people that think that she is some type of hypocrite given the facts live on the extremes..... Extreme positions are rarely intelligent positions.
    What is this area we are posting in? Non-Mainstream media, pray tell?

    So, this isn't going to be covered in USA Today.

    My quote that gun registration DOES lead to gun confiscation is true---but I didn't say gun registration leads to confiscation IMMEDIATELY, or EVERY TIME.

    The erosion of gun rights in blue states is on going.
    “Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.”
    ― Ambrose Bierce, The Unabridged Devil's Dictionary

  6. #106
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,986

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Great, but the 1930s are long gone now, iPads exist and the world is far more connected. Schools should be informed if a parent owns a gun just like they should be informed of any child who needs special meds, has a juvenile record, allergies etc. It allows the school to better deal with an incident.
    The school has no responsibility to deal with an "incident" involving guns in a student's home...just like the school has no responsibility to deal with an incident involving a dildo in a student's home.

    Unless, of course, you think information on dildos in the home should be reported to the school, as well.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  7. #107
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,468

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Great, but the 1930s are long gone now, iPads exist and the world is far more connected. Schools should be informed if a parent owns a gun just like they should be informed of any child who needs special meds, has a juvenile record, allergies etc. It allows the school to better deal with an incident. Now, whatever you think the school is doing has no bearing on the question: How does a school knowing about parents who own weapons stop those parents from owning weapons? Remember, the argument here is "gun control". So I'm asking how notifying a school that you own a gun controls your gun ownership rights.
    Giving a school information about parental gun ownership mitigates nothing, and serves no value.

    My kids shoot, but cannot wear gun shirts in school - and that sword cuts both ways - schools deserve no information regarding private family business.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  8. #108
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,468

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    The school has no responsibility to deal with an "incident" involving guns in a student's home...just like the school has no responsibility to deal with an incident involving a dildo in a student's home.

    Unless, of course, you think information on dildos in the home should be reported to the school, as well.
    Creepy but acceptable logic.

    Same impact either way.....nothing of value.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  9. #109
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,622
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Giving a school information about parental gun ownership mitigates nothing, and serves no value.

    My kids shoot, but cannot wear gun shirts in school - and that sword cuts both ways - schools deserve no information regarding private family business.
    You are missing his point. The proposed law did not in any way restrict gun ownership. What is happening here is that people are calling some one a hypocrite for doing something she has never argued against nor legislated against. Plus at least one poster here has super ESP powers so he can tell what people he has never meant are really thinking. Rarely has a thread turned into a case of self ownage at a level this one has, and those owning themselves have no clue they are doing it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    I’ve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  10. #110
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,745

    re: Liberal Gun Control Activist Caught Packing Gun[W:188]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Whether access is assumed or isn't, you still fail to tell us how this restricts gun ownership. Can you tell us how? 6+ posts and you refuse to answer a simple question.



    Oh no! Gun ownership is stigmatized! Well, that's pretty relative and depends on how emotional you are about guns. I'm not. With that said, can you tell us how gun ownership being stigmatized restrict your right to own guns? You know the answer Tutle: It doesn't.
    You are engaged in silly contrarian nonsense. You are ignoring the obvious in order to argue for the sake of arguing. I find that a waste of time. YOu want to defend a silly black Democrat even though you are unable to defend her stupid proposed law



Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •