Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 348

Thread: 101st Airborne Wonít Get Full Protective Hazmat Suits for Ebola Mission in West Afric

  1. #331
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,635
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 101st Airborne Wonít Get Full Protective Hazmat Suits for Ebola Mission in West A

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm not the one soreadibg lies, you are.

    See? I can do that too.
    The difference is I am right. General Rodriguez never said what is claimed, the quote was taken way out of context.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  2. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: 101st Airborne Wonít Get Full Protective Hazmat Suits for Ebola Mission in West A

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    Im sorry but HQ isnt a combat unit and certainly not an elite one at that.
    I'm sorry as a member of the Ranger Family.....I would know, and yes Spec Ops are apart of the 101st. Oh and anytime the 101st is around. Its an Elite Unit. But thanks for trying to give it that good old college try.

  3. #333
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: 101st Airborne Wonít Get Full Protective Hazmat Suits for Ebola Mission in West A

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    We have to protect the cointry grom the spread of the virus. To do that, we have to attack it where it originated, just kike any other enemy. Only the military has the resources to do that; an NGO can't handle this one.

    This is one of the few good decisions that The One has made. It's too bad his execution is so piss poor.
    We can protect the country from the spread of Ebola by denying visas from people who have recently been to ebola country. We can continue screening at the airports. Nothing so far indicates a vital national interest. But I do sense a desire to waste the time and lives of our small military force by compelling them to hold hands, sing folk songs and change diapers.

  4. #334
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    78,108

    Re: 101st Airborne Wonít Get Full Protective Hazmat Suits for Ebola Mission in West A

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    We can protect the country from the spread of Ebola by denying visas from people who have recently been to ebola country. We can continue screening at the airports. Nothing so far indicates a vital national interest. But I do sense a desire to waste the time and lives of our small military force by compelling them to hold hands, sing folk songs and change diapers.
    I think we should do both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #335
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 101st Airborne Wonít Get Full Protective Hazmat Suits for Ebola Mission in West A

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I'm sorry as a member of the Ranger Family.....I would know, and yes Spec Ops are apart of the 101st. Oh and anytime the 101st is around. Its an Elite Unit. But thanks for trying to give it that good old college try.
    Why are you assuming they are deploying the 101st Special Troops Battalion? And when we are talking about the HQ part of the 101st (not the Special Troops Battalion) they are not an elite combat unit.

  6. #336
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,652

    Re: 101st Airborne Wonít Get Full Protective Hazmat Suits for Ebola Mission in West A

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    Why are you assuming they are deploying the 101st Special Troops Battalion? And when we are talking about the HQ part of the 101st (not the Special Troops Battalion) they are not an elite combat unit.
    The 101st Airborne is one of two airborne divisions (helicopters [101st] and planes [82nd]) and is thereby elite.

    As I am not a member of the "Obama is purging the military like Stalin" crowd, I've no problem with this mission; nonetheless, the 101st is elite.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 10-22-14 at 12:41 PM.

  7. #337
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: 101st Airborne Wonít Get Full Protective Hazmat Suits for Ebola Mission in West A

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    Why are you assuming they are deploying the 101st Special Troops Battalion? And when we are talking about the HQ part of the 101st (not the Special Troops Battalion) they are not an elite combat unit.

    Its the Whole Brigade.....and yes they are an elite unit. You have no clue as to what you are talking about.

    101st Sustainment Brigade Units:

    2nd Battalion, 44th Air Defense Artillery Regiment

    101st Special Troops Battalion

    129th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion

    716th Military Police Battalion.....snip~

  8. #338
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 101st Airborne Wonít Get Full Protective Hazmat Suits for Ebola Mission in West A

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The 101st is one of two airborne divisions (helicopter [101st] and planes [82nd]) and is thereby elite.

    As I am not a member of the "Obama is purging the military like Stalin" crowd, I've no problem with this mission; nonetheless, the 101st is airborne and elite.

    Im talking about one specific part of the 101st since they are the ones who are getting deployed. To call any HQ an elite combat unit just doesnt make sense.

  9. #339
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,652

    Re: 101st Airborne Wonít Get Full Protective Hazmat Suits for Ebola Mission in West A

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    Im talking about one specific part of the 101st since they are the ones who are getting deployed. To call any HQ an elite combat unit just doesnt make sense.
    I believe the proper term is 'elite infantry unit' and yes that includes the HQ, which are generally only looked down upon by their own line dogs.

  10. #340
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 101st Airborne Wonít Get Full Protective Hazmat Suits for Ebola Mission in West A

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Its the Whole Brigade.....and yes they are an elite unit. You have no clue as to what you are talking about.

    101st Sustainment Brigade Units:

    2nd Battalion, 44th Air Defense Artillery Regiment

    101st Special Troops Battalion

    129th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion

    716th Military Police Battalion.....snip~
    Why are you assuming its the whole brigade being deployed? Lets go back to the link.

    Soldiers from the 101st Sustainment Brigade are part of the deploying number,

    Notice the wording? It doesnt say the entire brigade is being deployed.

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •