Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

  1. #61
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I'm not sure that the Republicans have the balls or not. Right now the Repubs do not have the votes. A landslide victory might change that.

    However, the Repubs still might not have the balls.
    Even though Obama is the worst president in my lifetime, it would be foolish for the repubs to waste their time with impeachment proceedings. IMO
    They should be focused on doing things that would further their chances at the 2016 election cycle, not killing their chances at the cycle. just sayin'.....

    Has nothing to do with having balls or not

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Say what?

    I see the Canonization of St. Ronnie of Reagan is well underway!
    No, he just had a forward looking future for the US. One that included the destruction of the Soviet Union without war.

  3. #63
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,336

    Re: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    Even though Obama is the worst president in my lifetime, it would be foolish for the repubs to waste their time with impeachment proceedings. IMO
    They should be focused on doing things that would further their chances at the 2016 election cycle, not killing their chances at the cycle. just sayin'.....

    Has nothing to do with having balls or not
    I agree. I was responding to recart's post. He seems to be the only one in this thread mentioning Repub balls or impeachment.

  4. #64
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Say if I agree with your argument. How would the senate changing over to republican going to change that? You guys don't have the balls to impeach Obama. And if you are stupid enough to do so like back in the 90s then you will lose everything.
    These two statements are confusing...unless you're trying to bait with the first. Or, are you saying they don't have the balls to be stupid? See, it is confusing.

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,764

    Re: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    No, he just had a forward looking future for the US. One that included the destruction of the Soviet Union without war.
    A friend of mine studied the Soviet Collapse as part of his dissertation for the Army War College, and lots of evidence indicates the Soviet Union was going to collapse with or without the Reagan defense build up - it was inevitable because their economic system had failed. The best that can be said, per his very detailed analysis and access to classified documents we can't see, is the defense build up hastened it by a bit, but didn't CAUSE it. The causes were far deeper and fundamental.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    A friend of mine studied the Soviet Collapse as part of his dissertation for the Army War College, and lots of evidence indicates the Soviet Union was going to collapse with or without the Reagan defense build up - it was inevitable because their economic system had failed. The best that can be said, per his very detailed analysis and access to classified documents we can't see, is the defense build up hastened it by a bit, but didn't CAUSE it. The causes were far deeper and fundamental.
    Some of that may be true, but the most dangerous enemy is one that is near collapse.

  7. #67
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    A friend of mine studied the Soviet Collapse as part of his dissertation for the Army War College, and lots of evidence indicates the Soviet Union was going to collapse with or without the Reagan defense build up - it was inevitable because their economic system had failed. The best that can be said, per his very detailed analysis and access to classified documents we can't see, is the defense build up hastened it by a bit, but didn't CAUSE it. The causes were far deeper and fundamental.
    Can you elaborate? How much is just a bit, and what other causes? I know there was no incentive to work hard under communism, but is that one of the other causes your friend found evidence of?

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,764

    Re: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    Can you elaborate? How much is just a bit, and what other causes? I know there was no incentive to work hard under communism, but is that one of the other causes your friend found evidence of?
    I'm sorry but I can't. He gave me a "civilian" copy maybe 10 years ago and I read it at the time and can't faithfully recount the details.

    But I think if you read just about any analysis of the Soviet collapse in recent years, the idea that Reagan ==> Collapse just isn't widely shared. At best it's a controversial claim with many who would agree only that Reagan's actions hastened the inevitable collapse, and that it had MANY contributing causes.

  9. #69
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,336

    Re: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    A friend of mine studied the Soviet Collapse as part of his dissertation for the Army War College, and lots of evidence indicates the Soviet Union was going to collapse with or without the Reagan defense build up - it was inevitable because their economic system had failed. The best that can be said, per his very detailed analysis and access to classified documents we can't see, is the defense build up hastened it by a bit, but didn't CAUSE it. The causes were far deeper and fundamental.
    I would guess that the main cause of the collapse was that one of those S's stood for socialist.

  10. #70
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    These two statements are confusing...unless you're trying to bait with the first. Or, are you saying they don't have the balls to be stupid? See, it is confusing.


    Repubs are going across country to town halls feeding their base red meat to win votes by saying that we (being the right) need to impeach Obama and what he is doing is unconsitutional. The base is just eating it up. However back in reality, they know that will be politcal suicide because the rest of the country think its bulls***.

    My point is they talk a big game in front of their base, but just like most politicians, they'll shrivel up once they get the opportunity to do so.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •