Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 70

Thread: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

  1. #11
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    At the very least, it will mitigate some of the damage from Obama.
    Give me some examples please? He hasn't been able to push anything for the past two years. So what "damage" are you guys going to clean up if you get the Senate? You guys can barely pass s*** in the house with that weak a** house leader. IF you guys get the Senate, the dems are going to do the same s*** that the republicans in the senate did. And that is fillabuster.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Give me some examples please? He hasn't been able to push anything for the past two years. So what "damage" are you guys going to clean up if you get the Senate? You guys can barely pass s*** in the house with that weak a** house leader. IF you guys get the Senate, the dems are going to do the same s*** that the republicans in the senate did. And that is fillabuster.
    Voting down poor legislation, and allowing the POTUS to veto what he can't stomach. Let him do it in the spotlight. More republicans mean more effective resistance to the demonstrably failed policies of the left.

    It also makes it easier to investigate the least transparent and most nixonian POTUS in US history.

  3. #13
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Voting down poor legislation, and allowing the POTUS to veto what he can't stomach. Let him do it in the spotlight. More republicans mean more effective resistance to the demonstrably failed policies of the left.

    It also makes it easier to investigate the least transparent and most nixonian POTUS in US history.

    Like I said .... nothing. S*** still will not get done.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

    BO has mishandled Ebola, the stock markets crashing, our economy is still sputtering and ISIS is taking over Iraq as we speak. This will be the biggest rep sweep in history.

  5. #15
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Like I said .... nothing. S*** still will not get done.
    The less Washington does, the better off we all will be.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #16
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Give me some examples please? He hasn't been able to push anything for the past two years. So what "damage" are you guys going to clean up if you get the Senate? You guys can barely pass s*** in the house with that weak a** house leader. IF you guys get the Senate, the dems are going to do the same s*** that the republicans in the senate did. And that is fillabuster.
    How about getting rid of Harry Reid as Senate majority leader and getting the bills to the floor for debate? It's a start.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #17
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Give me some examples please? He hasn't been able to push anything for the past two years. So what "damage" are you guys going to clean up if you get the Senate? You guys can barely pass s*** in the house with that weak a** house leader. IF you guys get the Senate, the dems are going to do the same s*** that the republicans in the senate did. And that is fillabuster.
    Hasn't been able to push anything? Please. His pen is mightier than the Constitution. EPA bull**** is off the charts. Gimme a freakin' break already. He's already said he will bypass Congress on "immigration reform", in other words, amnesty.

  8. #18
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Hasn't been able to push anything? Please. His pen is mightier than the Constitution. EPA bull**** is off the charts. Gimme a freakin' break already. He's already said he will bypass Congress on "immigration reform", in other words, amnesty.
    Say if I agree with your argument. How would the senate changing over to republican going to change that? You guys don't have the balls to impeach Obama. And if you are stupid enough to do so like back in the 90s then you will lose everything.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  9. #19
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    How about getting rid of Harry Reid as Senate majority leader and getting the bills to the floor for debate? It's a start.
    I'm sure you hold Boehner under the same fire as Harry Reid for doing the exact same thing right???

    Of course not

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  10. #20
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats with Election Day 2014 Approaching

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    The less Washington does, the better off we all will be.
    Are you sure about that?

    We can't even get simple appointees in position because of partisan gridlock. Do you think not having a surgeon general is good for the country?

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •