Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 91

Thread: Americans want flight restrictions from Ebola countries. And itís not close.

  1. #11
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: Americans want flight restrictions from Ebola countries. And itís not close.

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya Meister. We have started some.....I just put this up in the other Ebola thread with the second case discovered.


    Five US airports to screen for Ebola.....


    Five US airports will begin screening the temperatures of passengers arriving from West Africa as the United States ramps up its response to a deadly Ebola outbreak, officials said Wednesday. "The vast majority of people" coming from Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone -- the three countries hit hardest by the epidemic -- will be screened, White House spokesman Josh Earnest said.

    The airports implementing the measures are John F. Kennedy International in New York, Washington Dulles International, Chicago O'Hare International, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International and Newark Liberty International in New Jersey. Together, the five hubs are the destination for 94 percent of people traveling to the United States from the three most affected countries......snip~

    Five US airports to screen for Ebola

    Also, we only have 2 major carriers that go to Africa. United and Delta.
    I don't think that screening goes far enough. Just taking a temp twice (leaving/arriving) can stop the spread. A person who is a carrier could still infect once he has arrived after a few days.

  2. #12
    Educator
    USViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Greensboro NC USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: Americans want flight restrictions from Ebola countries. And itís not close.

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya Mbig. Its more than 3 or 4 countries.....and it has been since April of this year.


    Please provide a link to the graphic. Thanks.

  3. #13
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Americans want flight restrictions from Ebola countries. And itís not close.

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    BS.
    Yes, Special flights, including Special Precaution Aid worker and supply flights and Military supply Drops, can EASILY Ferry the the 3000 Aid workers who would be spending a Month or more there. (EU the same)

    There is NO resson to expose the rest of the UNEQUIPPED World to this Virus.

    AGAIN
    And ANSWER or Be Silent::

    There is NO reason NOT to stop West African commercial Flights that can further spread the virus.
    AGAIN: Aid workers and supplies would be brought in in Special Precaution Charter Flights, with quarantine for those deplaning.
    AGAIN: What happens if someone Infected lands in Mexico City, Honduras, or Bombay, instead of the USA?
    AGAIN: British Airways, Emirates, and even wisely, Kenya Airways, Have already stopped flights.

    AGAIN: AGAIN: This would NOT preclude [only] Special Precaution Charter Flights for aid workers and supplies.
    Agreed. Like you I've been saying this on DP for a long time now. Let the aid workers, military and CDC/WHO do their thing and stop the spread in Africa. I agree that must happen to stop this disease. It is ALSO true that the US healthcare system is not ready for Ebola, is not trained in Ebola and is ill equipped to handle it - therefore a temporary stop of inbound flights from these hot spot nations is required. They should not be allowed to board a plane from anywhere in the world where the US is a destination until the Ebola spread is halted and under control. Period.
    ďI think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whatís being proposed here, heíd agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.Ē - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #14
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Americans want flight restrictions from Ebola countries. And itís not close.

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    BS.
    Yes, Special flights, including Special Precaution Aid worker and supply flights and Military supply Drops, can EASILY Ferry the the 3000 Aid workers who would be spending a Month or more there. (EU the same)

    There is NO resson to expose the rest of the UNEQUIPPED World to this Virus.

    AGAIN
    And ANSWER or Be Silent::

    There is NO reason NOT to stop West African commercial Flights that can further spread the virus.
    AGAIN: Aid workers and supplies would be brought in in Special Precaution Charter Flights, with quarantine for those deplaning.
    AGAIN: What happens if someone Infected lands in Mexico City, Honduras, or Bombay, instead of the USA?
    AGAIN: British Airways, Emirates, and even wisely, Kenya Airways, Have already stopped flights.

    AGAIN: AGAIN: This would NOT preclude [only] Special Precaution Charter Flights for aid workers and supplies.
    If these west African country's suffering from ebola are cut off from contact with the outside world, the virus will be able to spread more quickly amongst countries expeirancing a breakdown of society.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Americans want flight restrictions from Ebola countries. And itís not close.

    Quote Originally Posted by USViking View Post
    Please provide a link to the graphic. Thanks.
    Sure thing.

    Maps Ebola across africa 2014 - Bing Images

    But do note the source upon the map as well and when it was updated. Thanks!

  6. #16
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: Americans want flight restrictions from Ebola countries. And itís not close.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    If these west African country's suffering from ebola are cut off from contact with the outside world, the virus will be able to spread more quickly amongst countries expeirancing a breakdown of society.
    What????
    We send help and supplies.....we don't send them back here. How would your premise help here in the US?

  7. #17
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Americans want flight restrictions from Ebola countries. And itís not close.

    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    What????
    We send help and supplies.....we don't send them back here. How would your premise help here in the US?
    I am arguing against measures that don't work to combat the spread of ebola and only serve to calm the panicking people in this country.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  8. #18
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Americans want flight restrictions from Ebola countries. And itís not close.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    I am arguing against measures that don't work to combat the spread of ebola and only serve to calm the panicking people in this country.
    You're opinion flies in the face of reality. If Duncan was not able to travel to Dallas as he did and a temporary travel ban was put in place, the two nurses who currently have Ebola at the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital would not have it.
    ďI think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whatís being proposed here, heíd agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.Ē - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Americans want flight restrictions from Ebola countries. And itís not close.

    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    I don't think that screening goes far enough. Just taking a temp twice (leaving/arriving) can stop the spread. A person who is a carrier could still infect once he has arrived after a few days.


    Well the Saudi said the most important step they took.....was to restrict and stop flights from the Ebola striken countries.

    But that wont do us any good with those here that get infected..... then jumping on planes to go wherever in the US.

  10. #20
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: Americans want flight restrictions from Ebola countries. And itís not close.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    I am arguing against measures that don't work to combat the spread of ebola and only serve to calm the panicking people in this country.
    You're doing it wrong then...PC doesn't work with this issue.
    Our government is here to protect it's citizens. Having an open door to those that could be potential carriers come to this country would only further the panic in this country.
    It would only show we don't have any safe guards in place to stem an outbreak here.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •