Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 67

Thread: School Told to Call Kids ‘Purple Penguins’ Because ‘Boys and Girls’ Is Not Inclusive

  1. #41
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,428

    Re: School Told to Call Kids ‘Purple Penguins’ Because ‘Boys and Girls’ Is Not Inclus

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Masculinity and femininity are a continuum and everyone is on a different part of the spectrum in different areas of their lives. A few people's internal gender is different than their physical gender. In some cases it is because they were born with ambiguous genitals and doctors choose a gender and operate to make them that gender.
    They are still boys and girls, no matter what somebody told them to think.

    Where did you get internal gender anyway?

    We are talking about junior high school aged kids. Do you not think they know what a boy and a girl is by then?

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: School Told to Call Kids ‘Purple Penguins’ Because ‘Boys and Girls’ Is Not Inclus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    ....Where did you get internal gender anyway?...
    "Gender identity disorder (GID) or gender dysphoria is the formal diagnosis used by psychologists and physicians to describe people who experience significant dysphoria (discontent) with the sex they were assigned at birth and/or the gender roles associated with that sex. Evidence suggests that people who identify with a gender different from the one they were assigned at birth may do so not just due to psychological or behavioral causes, but also biological ones related to their genetics, the makeup of their brains, or prenatal exposure to hormones....."
    Gender identity disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia citing Heylens, G; De Cuypere, G; Zucker, K; Schelfaut, C; Elaut, E; Vanden Bossche, H; De Baere, E; T'Sjoen, G (2012). "Gender Identity Disorder in Twins: A Review of the Case Report Literature". The Journal of Sexual Medicine 8 (3): 751–757. doi:10.1111/j.1743-6109.2011.02567.x.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: School Told to Call Kids ‘Purple Penguins’ Because ‘Boys and Girls’ Is Not Inclus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I don't know how progressives even come up with this ****.....

    Penguins?

    Oh and these progressive insist they're not attempting to revise past and present history...

    Sorry progressives, a boy is a boy and a girl is a girl...... 15 years later they will procreate and you know what? the won't be doing it as "penguins."

    Teachers and policy makers who come up with this nonsense should be fired for epic stupidity if not for the simple fact they're still stuck in Dr. Seuss land.

    That's the problem. They can't be fired, they're in control, and have been for the last 40 years! Stuff like this really makes me mad, I mean really mad, like I want to physically harm these Darwin candidates!

    Anyone that pays attention to modern education these days can't help but come away with a very dim outlook for our future. If it isn't the knee jerk laziness of our teachers to run as fast as they can to the school psychologist to get these "unruly" (meaning rambunctious boys) kids drugged up on ADHD meds, then it is the almost deranged ideological nudging of school curriculums into more progressive PC friendly indoctrination courses.

    I mean, it really is scary, and only a few of us really see how it works.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  4. #44
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,428

    Re: School Told to Call Kids ‘Purple Penguins’ Because ‘Boys and Girls’ Is Not Inclus

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    "Gender identity disorder (GID) or gender dysphoria is the formal diagnosis used by psychologists and physicians to describe people who experience significant dysphoria (discontent) with the sex they were assigned at birth and/or the gender roles associated with that sex. Evidence suggests that people who identify with a gender different from the one they were assigned at birth may do so not just due to psychological or behavioral causes, but also biological ones related to their genetics, the makeup of their brains, or prenatal exposure to hormones....."
    Gender identity disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia citing Heylens, G; De Cuypere, G; Zucker, K; Schelfaut, C; Elaut, E; Vanden Bossche, H; De Baere, E; T'Sjoen, G (2012). "Gender Identity Disorder in Twins: A Review of the Case Report Literature". The Journal of Sexual Medicine 8 (3): 751–757. doi:10.1111/j.1743-6109.2011.02567.x.
    How often does that happen?

    You don't confuse 99.9 percent of kids by catering to .01 percent of them.

    Do you think even somebody with that "disorder" doesn't know if they are a boy or a girl biologically?

  5. #45
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: School Told to Call Kids ‘Purple Penguins’ Because ‘Boys and Girls’ Is Not Inclus

    Call them rugrats, ankle biters or, maybe well, kids then.

  6. #46
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,204

    Re: School Told to Call Kids ‘Purple Penguins’ Because ‘Boys and Girls’ Is Not Inclus

    I was so happy to see the snopes reference pages ago.

    Here it is again.

    snopes.com: Nebraska School Bans Genders in Favor of 'Purple Penguins'


    I was sorry to see there was any basis for this, but at least a lot of it was false.

    Note to people worried about this. If you are an adult...just say "children" or "kids". No need for defamation of penguin.

  7. #47
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: School Told to Call Kids ‘Purple Penguins’ Because ‘Boys and Girls’ Is Not Inclus

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    ...so human isn't inclusive enough?
    No, it isn't. It presupposes male dominance. HuMAN

    I'm being facetious... kind of.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #48
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,874

    Re: School Told to Call Kids ‘Purple Penguins’ Because ‘Boys and Girls’ Is Not Inclus

    Can I get a show of hands from all of the Progressives in Nebraska?

    No one?

  9. #49
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: School Told to Call Kids ‘Purple Penguins’ Because ‘Boys and Girls’ Is Not Inclus

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    "Gender identity disorder (GID) or gender dysphoria is the formal diagnosis used by psychologists and physicians to describe people who experience significant dysphoria (discontent) with the sex they were assigned at birth and/or the gender roles associated with that sex. Evidence suggests that people who identify with a gender different from the one they were assigned at birth may do so not just due to psychological or behavioral causes, but also biological ones related to their genetics, the makeup of their brains, or prenatal exposure to hormones....."
    Gender identity disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia citing Heylens, G; De Cuypere, G; Zucker, K; Schelfaut, C; Elaut, E; Vanden Bossche, H; De Baere, E; T'Sjoen, G (2012). "Gender Identity Disorder in Twins: A Review of the Case Report Literature". The Journal of Sexual Medicine 8 (3): 751–757. doi:10.1111/j.1743-6109.2011.02567.x.
    GID is very real, but... aren't we crossing the line over into absurd when we start talking about no longer using gender-specific phrases? Whether a person is literally physically one or the other, or if they internally identify as one or the other (or both), they're still one or the other (or both), hence no one is being excluded. I swear, sometimes the human species makes things more complicated than they need to be.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: School Told to Call Kids ‘Purple Penguins’ Because ‘Boys and Girls’ Is Not Inclus

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Hot damn am I good or what!

    Gender Trolls


    Claim: A school district in Lincoln, Nebraska has banned the use of gender pronouns and ordered teachers to use neutral terms such as "purple penguins" instead.

    MIXTURE:
    TRUE: Lincoln Public Schools have provided educators with materials to better understand gender identity issues.
    FALSE: The Lincoln school district has banned all reference to gender and discouraged use of gendered pronouns in favor of calling students "purple penguins."

    http://www.snopes.com/politics/educa...lepenguins.asp
    As usual, snopes comes to try to mislead. (Not that the purple penguins is completely honest either.

    It's not a "ban" per se.

    It talks about gender identity, and that they should split the class, rather than by gender, but by things like preference. To minimize using gender terms like "you guys".

    Further, they want to teach kids (not sure at what age that starts), that there's your biological sex, the sex that you associate yourself as, and the sex you want to be addressed as (male, female, both or neither).

    At one point it does bring out the purple penguins as one of many alternative "gender inclusive" terms.

    Personally, I think this goes from the ridiculous to the harmful, depending on just how strongly this gets enforced in schools.

    It's bad enough that most kids sports don't even count score in the games... now they want to just further and needlessly confuse children.

    Since being LGBT is really a small portion of the population, and that this seems to be aimed at younger children, who would never have even thought about being LGBT, or as a spectrum of gender, at most just the biological aspects of sex education should be made, at an appropriate age.

    Or maybe taught as part of inevitable "sensitivity training", but to transform the sexual identity of otherwise normal children is wrong.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •