Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 94

Thread: St. Louis Orchestra Applauds As Protestors Interrupt With 'Requiem For Mike Brown'

  1. #11
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,225

    Re: St. Louis Orchestra Applauds As Protestors Interrupt With 'Requiem For Mike Brown

    "Which Side Are You On?"?

    "Black lives matter"?

    Well those are definitely words and songs meant to bring people together.


  2. #12
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,273

    Re: St. Louis Orchestra Applauds As Protestors Interrupt With 'Requiem For Mike Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    "Which Side Are You On?"?

    "Black lives matter"?

    Well those are definitely words and songs meant to bring people together.

    Exactly. What side am I on? The side that wants truth and justice. The defenders of Mike Brown aren't willing to wait for truth or justice, they are calling, ironically, for a lynch mob to exact their brand of justice. The cop is guilty before the facts are known largely because of the color of his skin. How troubling is it that blacks, once the victim of such injustice, are now its advocates.

  3. #13
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,225

    Re: St. Louis Orchestra Applauds As Protestors Interrupt With 'Requiem For Mike Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Exactly. What side am I on? The side that wants truth and justice. The defenders of Mike Brown aren't willing to wait for truth or justice, they are calling, ironically, for a lynch mob to exact their brand of justice. The cop is guilty before the facts are known largely because of the color of his skin. How troubling is it that blacks, once the victim of such injustice, are now its advocates.
    Yup. It's obvious they picked a "side" when I didn't know the Ferguson issue was supposed to be about "sides".

    Does this mean the people who cheered and hooted and hollered when OJ Simpson was acquitted of killing his white wife and her white friend were taking a "side", like it's okay to kill a white person and get away with it? Even on Oprah they were hooting and cheering.

  4. #14
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,636

    Re: St. Louis Orchestra Applauds As Protestors Interrupt With 'Requiem For Mike Brown

    Reasons like this are why we will always, always have racism. Honestly, people marching for racial equality is folly. It will never end when you still have people dividing by color. People will never stop dividing by color (black people OR white will never stop) so stop even trying to end racism. Just understand that it is a part of life for small-minded people, and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  5. #15
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: St. Louis Orchestra Applauds As Protestors Interrupt With 'Requiem For Mike Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    "Which Side Are You On?"?

    "Black lives matter"?

    Well those are definitely words and songs meant to bring people together.

    Its also selective. Why do "black lives matter" only when killed by a cop? Why don't the dozens of black lives taken everyday in America's inner cities not merit this level of response? Why aren't there marches in Chicago, DC, Detroit, etc? Indifference applied to this aspect of the issue is absoutely infuriating.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: St. Louis Orchestra Applauds As Protestors Interrupt With 'Requiem For Mike Brown

    I wonder what idiot bought them tickets.

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:55 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: St. Louis Orchestra Applauds As Protestors Interrupt With 'Requiem For Mike Brown

    "Black lives matter"? Really? Spend a weekend in Chicago and you will get a first hand look how much they matter to blacks themselves.

  8. #18
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,607

    Re: St. Louis Orchestra Applauds As Protestors Interrupt With 'Requiem For Mike Brown

    All lives matter, to assert that only the lives of one race matter is racism. It appears that the vast majority of black lives "needlessly" lost are at the hands of other blacks yet "the issue" is the tiny portion that are killed by white police officers - how, exactly, is that not racist?

    MB was not shot because he was black - he was shot because he decided to seriously beat on an armed person. It appears that these race hustlers will overlook all circumstances (facts?) except that the officer was white and the "victiim" was black.

    If they really wished to protest the use of "excessive" force by police then leave race out of the matter and select a better poster boy than MB (see the video of the robbery MB committed only minutes earlier) and a better venue than a concert hall. Disrespecting the performers, and the wishes of the (captive?) audience to see/hear what they paid for, shows how little respect that these race hustlers possess.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #19
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,434

    Re: St. Louis Orchestra Applauds As Protestors Interrupt With 'Requiem For Mike Brown

    Was I the only one who heard them also sing that white lives matter too? Justice for us all?

    I took it more as a cops vs. us rather them black vs. white or any kind of racist divisive thing.

    Maybe not an appropriate place for the protesters but I really don't see a racist thing about it.

    I did enjoy some of the crowds reaction - which ranged from smiling applause to a get that camera out of my face before I smash it side eye.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  10. #20
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,694

    Re: St. Louis Orchestra Applauds As Protestors Interrupt With 'Requiem For Mike Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Was I the only one who heard them also sing that white lives matter too? Justice for us all?

    I took it more as a cops vs. us rather them black vs. white or any kind of racist divisive thing.

    Maybe not an appropriate place for the protesters but I really don't see a racist thing about it.

    I did enjoy some of the crowds reaction - which ranged from smiling applause to a get that camera out of my face before I smash it side eye.
    I actually just heard them chanting that 'black lives matter'. I suppose I may have missed the "white lives matter chant". Maybe that was a different video.

    Im sure that activists will all be rallying in St Louis near the old courthouse, especially the cute Michael Cera stand in. "ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) -Three people were shot, two of them killed, when violence broke out not far from Busch Stadium just hours before the first home Cardinal playoff game." The rally starts at 9 fellas. Rev Jackson and Al Sharpton will be there precisely at 9:30. We will be rioting down the street off of Bay at 11:30 so bring a change of clothes and something flammable.

    Because...all lives ma. All live mat............I'm sorry...I cant even say it without laughing. Not because I disagree with the sentiment but because it so very obviously does NOT matter to those pretending it does.
    Last edited by VanceMack; 10-07-14 at 11:54 AM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •