Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 89

Thread: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

  1. #41
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And then, when you absolutely fail to support your argument, you resorr to insults. This proves the lie that is global warming. The evidence is so week, that the warmers can't support the theory. Every little variance in the weather and it's global cooling, global warming, climate change. What name change is next?
    Or as I once heard the enlightened Rachel Maddow say to David Letterman " extreme weather of ANY kind is global warming".


  2. #42
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    OOOOOH an online petition. Not like just anyone can sign that...

  3. #43
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    That would be your ignorance you are speaking of.
    Al Gore ~ iLOL
    I know you are but what am I argument really???? And I am supposed to take that seriously?

  4. #44
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    OOOOOH an online petition. Not like just anyone can sign that...
    Just like "anyone" can say GW is real? Sounds like someone is a denier? Kinda flat earthey like.

  5. #45
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,950

    Re: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

    There's no denying that the earth goes through its natural cycles of warming and cooling, causing extinctions and mass migrations. There's also no denying that the globalized model of economy has negatively terraformed this entire planet in non-sustainable ways toward an ecosystem disaster that will devastate both humans and other living creatures alike.

    California's climate change was always inbound. What has severely amplified the problem is industrial agriculture's depletion of the natural aquifers beneath the land that were originally the land's way of replenishing living water supplies during periods of intense draught and scarcity. You can't just keep raping the land of its resources and then complain when there's nothing left. The earth has limited bounty -- when are modern humans going to get it through their thick heads?

    The only way to solve the world's ecological problems is to return to the ancestral knowledge of the aboriginals. Before europeans colonized North America, pretty much the entire continent had been terraformed by the natives into sustainable food supplies that worked in tandem with nature's needs as well. There was true stewardship. Right now we are taking everything we can under the profit model with no regard for future generations. We are seeing adults who are basically taking the livelihoods of their own children and grandchildren away from them because the baby boomer generation taught them that making money and living exorbitantly matters more than anything.

    The argument about climate change is a bait and switch. Modern humans were destroying this planet well before the AGW started. Get a clue.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    I know you are but what am I argument really???? And I am supposed to take that seriously?
    iLOL
    I sling your juvenile comments back at you and you complain? Figures.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #47
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,970

    Re: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    Stanford scientists say drought linked to climate change

    Yeah...Yeah...I know that this is just another study by a left wing university with a secret communist agenda to destroy capitalism through environmentalism...

    The climate denialists are quickly becoming the flat earth society.
    It's certainly an ongoing trend, that's for sure. Every year since I moved to California has seen less rain every rainy season. Last winter I think we got around three days. In 2004 we got so much rain it nearly flooded the washes.

  8. #48
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

    I can't imagine one of the very best universities in this Nation that employs Professor Condi Rice putting out "bad" science. For those who have lived through the 40-year drought, the focus needs to be on an interstate-type system of water pipelines to relocate water from floods to droughts .
    Physics is Phun

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

    Calif is a marginal desert that has too high of a population and grows too much food for such an arid region. This drought would be no big deal if not for the artificial burden man puts on the limited water resources.

  10. #50
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,970

    Re: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    Calif is a marginal desert that has too high of a population and grows too much food for such an arid region. This drought would be no big deal if not for the artificial burden man puts on the limited water resources.
    Well, technically that's true. If it weren't for the people and animals that need food and water to survive droughts indeed wouldn't matter at all.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •