Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 89

Thread: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

  1. #21
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Just more AGW nonsense.
    Nevermind. Forgot who I was talking to for a second there. iLOL!

  2. #22
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    iLOL Said the one who believed Al Gore's baloney. Do you also believe he created the internet?

    The whole AGW is a political ideology. And you obviously believe it.
    That is why they changed from AGW to GW and then later to CG just to sell the bs.

    The climate changes, and will continue to change, period.
    Your ingorance on this issue astounding.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Nevermind. Forgot who I was talking to for a second there. iLOL!
    Yes, you know you are wrong.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #24
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,724
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Said the one who doesn't understand that Egypt encompasses far more area than the localized area around the Nile.
    That lushness had nothing to do with the Nile but with the climate at the time.
    And had you read what was stated 3 minutes before you posted your nonsense, you may have understood that.
    I did read the part about the Stanford study linking drought to climate change. And then I read your response citing the example of EGYPT once being lush. Since the "lushness" of Egypt going back to biblical times has always been associated with the Nile river delta, I felt it prudent to point out that the lack of lushness we observe today can be directly traced to the damming of the Nile River.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    Your ingorance on this issue astounding.

    That would be your ignorance you are speaking of.
    Al Gore ~ iLOL
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #26
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    I did read the part about the Stanford study linking drought to climate change. And then I read your response citing the example of EGYPT once being lush. Since the "lushness" of Egypt going back to biblical times has always been associated with the Nile river delta, I felt it prudent to point out that the lack of lushness we observe today can be directly traced to the damming of the Nile River.
    That is what you get for not paying attention.
    That wasn't responsible for the lushness. The climate was.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #27
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    Stanford scientists say drought linked to climate change

    Yeah...Yeah...I know that this is just another study by a left wing university with a secret communist agenda to destroy capitalism through environmentalism...

    The climate denialists are quickly becoming the flat earth society.
    And when the drought is over and it's raining too much, you all will blame global warming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #28
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,724
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That is what you get for not paying attention.
    That wasn't responsible for the lushness. The climate was.
    At the point in time when a lush "Egypt" existed beyond the boundaries of the Nile it wasn't called Egypt and humans hadn't evolved beyond smarter, slightly less hairy apes.

  9. #29
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    Stanford scientists say drought linked to climate change

    Yeah...Yeah...I know that this is just another study by a left wing university with a secret communist agenda to destroy capitalism through environmentalism...

    The climate denialists are quickly becoming the flat earth society.
    Climate denialists?? Give it up man, the con has been exposed and the majority of people think its bunk. Find another cause to get behind.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Stanford Study Links Climate Change to CA Drought

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    At the point in time when a lush "Egypt" existed beyond the boundaries of the Nile it wasn't called Egypt and humans hadn't evolved beyond smarter, slightly less hairy apes.
    And you still know what was being spoken about as it was posted before you posted your reply.

    So again.
    At the end of the last Ice Age, the Sahara Desert was just as dry and uninviting as it is today. But sandwiched between two periods of extreme dryness were a few millennia of plentiful rainfall and lush vegetation.
    Sahara Desert Was Once Lush and Populated
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •