Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 109

Thread: NFL flagged KC Chiefs safety Husain Abdullah for praying in the end zone[W:80]

  1. #21
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    re: NFL flagged KC Chiefs safety Husain Abdullah for praying in the end zone[W:80]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Christian players have been penalized, too.
    For praying ????? When????

    Don't get me wrong I'm a big fans of athletes thanking God for success on the field. But I'm also for everyone religious rights being treated equally.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  2. #22
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,915

    re: NFL flagged KC Chiefs safety Husain Abdullah for praying in the end zone[W:80]

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    For praying ????? When????

    Don't get me wrong I'm a big fans of athletes thanking God for success on the field. But I'm also for everyone religious rights being treated equally.
    Eberybody freaked out when Tebow did it.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/08/sp...anted=all&_r=0
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  3. #23
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,915

    re: NFL flagged KC Chiefs safety Husain Abdullah for praying in the end zone[W:80]

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Is that good or bad?
    It's nad,just like it's bad to do it to Abdullah.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  4. #24
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,374

    re: NFL flagged KC Chiefs safety Husain Abdullah for praying in the end zone[W:80]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Eberybody freaked out when Tebow did it.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/08/sp...anted=all&_r=0
    How many times was he penalized?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.

  5. #25
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,374

    re: NFL flagged KC Chiefs safety Husain Abdullah for praying in the end zone[W:80]

    NFL recognized the mistake:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/01/sp...%2Findex.jsonp

    Though I found this quote interesting:

    But a player who does a back flip in the end zone and lands on the ground could be penalized.
    I guess if you can fly you don't get a penalty??


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.

  6. #26
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    20,790

    re: NFL flagged KC Chiefs safety Husain Abdullah for praying in the end zone[W:80]

    The utter nonsense that the supposed creator of the universe (in any name) would give a rat's behind about a score in a game.....

    Amazing
    "In my opinion, if we’re going to fight the War on Terror, a good place to start would be our country’s haunted houses." - Norm MacDonald

  7. #27
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    re: NFL flagged KC Chiefs safety Husain Abdullah for praying in the end zone[W:80]

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    The utter nonsense that the supposed creator of the universe (in any name) would give a rat's behind about a score in a game.....

    Amazing
    athletes generally are giving thanks for success, not asking for help in the outcome.

  8. #28
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    re: NFL flagged KC Chiefs safety Husain Abdullah for praying in the end zone[W:80]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Eberybody freaked out when Tebow did it.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/08/sp...anted=all&_r=0
    But did he receive a penalty or fine for it?

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  9. #29
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,119

    re: NFL flagged KC Chiefs safety Husain Abdullah for praying in the end zone[W:80]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    If you think that no Christian player ever knelt down in the end zone, you haven't been watching football very long. If it makes you feel better:



    There's Tebow in the endzone. The rule, according to the NFL, has a religious exemption and the league has said that Abdullah shouldn't have been penalized.
    Was the rule on going to the ground in place when Tebow was playing?

    I disagree with the religious exemption. If you want to go to the sideline and hit your knees...have a blast. Frankly...I don't think Allah helped him score that touchdown. Tebow on the other hand...I'm not sure he didn't require divine intervention every time he stepped on the field.

  10. #30
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,915

    re: NFL flagged KC Chiefs safety Husain Abdullah for praying in the end zone[W:80]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    If you think that no Christian player ever knelt down in the end zone, you haven't been watching football very long. If it makes you feel better:



    There's Tebow in the endzone. The rule, according to the NFL, has a religious exemption and the league has said that Abdullah shouldn't have been penalized.
    If you think Tebow's piuty(sp?) wasn't a source of contraversy, you've been asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •