Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Police In Ferguson Lock Up Peaceful Daytime Protesters By Mistake, Chief Testifies

  1. #21
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Police In Ferguson Lock Up Peaceful Daytime Protesters By Mistake, Chief Testifie

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Indeed! Why if peoe don't protest the way I think they should protest, government should intervene and physically assault them!
    Yes, right in the twig and berries.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Police In Ferguson Lock Up Peaceful Daytime Protesters By Mistake, Chief Testifie

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yes, right in the twig and berries.
    I know, right? Cause nothing says freedom like jackbooted thugs violently breaking up protest against government force.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #23
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,482

    Re: Police In Ferguson Lock Up Peaceful Daytime Protesters By Mistake, Chief Testifie

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Any evidence a permit was or is required for protesters to assemble on public property and exercise their rights as Americans? Regardless, they weren't arrested for illegally protesting, but for not moving while LEGALLY protesting. It's the point of the article. The law can be invoked only during unlawful protests, riots, etc.
    I seriously doubt that there's a municipality in the country that doesn't require a permit. Deuce said they did have a permit. I asked a link. Did he post it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #24
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,821

    Re: Police In Ferguson Lock Up Peaceful Daytime Protesters By Mistake, Chief Testifie

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Link?

    The police admitting the arrest was in error. If they lacked a permit, the arrest would not have been in error, right?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police In Ferguson Lock Up Peaceful Daytime Protesters By Mistake, Chief Testifie

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Did you read the article? He said there was miscommunications, etc.

    Yes I did. What do you not understand about miscommunication not being a lie?


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    enforcing the bogus rule against peaceful protesters, journalists and others during daylight hours.
    Peaceful protestors?
    iLOL

    Bogus rule?

    It is not a bogus rule. It is a rule used in specific circumstances as was misapplied.

    And frankly, protestors should not get to stop and block any peaceful citizens going about their own business.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I'm not impressed with his explanation.
    Don't care if you are or not. Your thoughts about it does not make it a lie as you claim.

    If he didn't know early on that the rule was being abused by his own officers, he damn sure should have. And he didn't. So incompetent or liar, you choose.[/QUOTE]
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #26
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,810

    Re: Police In Ferguson Lock Up Peaceful Daytime Protesters By Mistake, Chief Testifie

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Yes I did. What do you not understand about miscommunication not being a lie?
    I don't believe the "miscommunication" story. And I said the alternative is he is incompetent. Pick one.

    Peaceful protestors?
    iLOL
    If they were violent, no need to invoke a "5 second rule." Just arrest them for being violent. Obviously, they weren't being violent so were arrested for some other bogus reason.

    Bogus rule?

    It is not a bogus rule. It is a rule used in specific circumstances as was misapplied.
    Right, misapplied = bogus under the circumstances. I agree.

    And frankly, protestors should not get to stop and block any peaceful citizens going about their own business.
    That's 2 conditions - 1) stopped and 2) blocking peaceful citizens. You're moving the goalposts and adding conditions not required for the cops to harass or arrest people, which they did for violating only condition 1).

    Don't care if you are or not. Your thoughts about it does not make it a lie as you claim.
    As I said, there was another alternative....incompetent. And it is my opinion. Worth the same as yours!

  7. #27
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police In Ferguson Lock Up Peaceful Daytime Protesters By Mistake, Chief Testifie

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I don't believe the "miscommunication" story.
    That is your problem, especially as your disbelief doesn't mean he lied.
    Which you have utterly failed to demonstrate.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    If they were violent, no need to invoke a "5 second rule." Just arrest them for being violent. Obviously, they weren't being violent so were arrested for some other bogus reason.
    If you think trying to provoke the Officers into acting isn't violent than of course you wouldn't understand.
    Not something they can out right arrest them for but none the less it is still violent behavior on their part.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Right, misapplied = bogus under the circumstances.
    What an absurd claim.
    Misapplied doesn't make the law bogus.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    That's 2 conditions - 1) stopped and 2) blocking peaceful citizens. You're moving the goalposts and adding conditions not required for the cops to harass or arrest people, which they did for violating only condition 1).
    No goal post moved.
    They did it then and are still doing it in the streets at this very moment.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,810

    Re: Police In Ferguson Lock Up Peaceful Daytime Protesters By Mistake, Chief Testifie

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That is your problem, especially as your disbelief doesn't mean he lied.
    Which you have utterly failed to demonstrate.
    The alternative is incompetence. You keep ignoring that other option.

    If you think trying to provoke the Officers into acting isn't violent than of course you wouldn't understand.
    Not something they can out right arrest them for but none the less it is still violent behavior on their part.
    Where is the evidence those arrested were trying to provoke the officers into "acting" - whatever that means?

    What an absurd claim.
    Misapplied doesn't make the law bogus.
    It makes invoking the law bogus under the circumstances (emphasis added).

    No goal post moved.
    They did it then and are still doing it in the streets at this very moment.
    First of all, you're assuming facts not in evidence. Second, they didn't arrest them for blocking traffic or other citizens, but JUST for not moving. I guess a photographer has to take pictures while walking, which is totally a fair expectation. And two people can't pause to speak to one another. Also a common sense requirement.....

    Interesting that a conservative is basically taking the position that the only legitimate protest are those conducted in the narrow confines approved of by the government they're protesting and that don't pose any inconvenience to anyone. Maybe the town should set up a protest area, say an abandoned park on the outskirts of town, and limit all expressions of dissent to that narrow area? That way the people still have the "right" to speak, but no one has to hear them! Win win!

  9. #29
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police In Ferguson Lock Up Peaceful Daytime Protesters By Mistake, Chief Testifie

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    The alternative is incompetence. You keep ignoring that other option.

    That is not "thee" alternative.
    Mistakes happen without incompetence being involved.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Where is the evidence those arrested were trying to provoke the officers into "acting" - whatever that means?
    iLOL
    Failing to comply with orders is provoking the Officers to act.
    They all should have just complied and complained later.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    It makes invoking the law bogus under the circumstances (emphasis added).
    The law was still not bogus.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    First of all, you're assuming facts not in evidence.
    No, I am not.
    "They did it then and are still doing it in the streets at this very moment" was a correct statement. Or did you not see what they crap they did last night?


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Second, they didn't arrest them for blocking traffic or other citizens, but JUST for not moving.
    Failing to keep moving blocks traffic, whether it be by pedestrians or vehicles. Are you really going to pretend not to know that?


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I guess a photographer has to take pictures while walking, which is totally a fair expectation. And two people can't pause to speak to one another. Also a common sense requirement.....
    There was disruptive demonstrations. The police were trying to control the disruptions. They made a mistake in application, get over it.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Interesting that a conservative is
    WTH are you talking about? Conservative?
    Wut?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •