Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 420

Thread: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

  1. #401
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    No, that is what you are doing. The simple fact of the matter is that there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to suggest that a bunch of classes instructing students in how to successfully acquire promiscuous sex and threesomes will serve to "reduce" much of anything. As a matter of fact, they are being deliberately marketed in such a way as to all but bash students over the head with the idea that they will actively promote deviant behavior instead.

    You're apparently "A-okay" with that simply because it happens to fit with your political ideology.

    Instruction in safe sex is fine. Instruction in communication in relationships is fine.

    The ideological and moral context in which these concepts are being presented at this university, however, is not. It is inappropriate, partisan, and non-objective.

    That's frankly all there is to it.
    The very fact that the seminars aren't about "acquiring promiscuous sex", nor does having a threesome automatically mean that you will acquire anything or even increase your chances of that shows that your beliefs are based off of personal beliefs, rather than any facts. I've provided facts for mine.

    I'm okay with people having sex that is pleasurable and I know that just because people aren't in "committed" relationships doesn't mean they can't have safe sex.

    What moral context is being pushed here? That threesomes can happen? That people can hookup, get laid? Those are only moral questions as to whether they are right or wrong and then it is up to the individual and has nothing to do with the seminars themselves.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #402
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Are you trying to say that marriage isn't something that people learn about? I'm all for a seminar about building healthy, committed relationships, including marriage between all people.
    That's nice. Let see some courses on those subjects then.

    Willing to bet that was actually included in that week somewhere, just not mentioned since it wasn't something "sensational" enough to be noteworthy and ignored for the self-righteous outrage of the conservatives.
    Then you need to prove that assertion. Frankly, given the overall ideological bent of the entire event, I seriously kind of doubt it.

    If not, it isn't like we should be encouraging college students to actually get married while still in college either.
    Case in point:

    You think we shouldn't teach classes on marriage, as that might encourage students to get married.

    However, you, apparently, think that we should teach classes on promiscuous sex and threesomes instead, because that won't encourage anything at all.

    That makes perfect sense! (Not)
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 10-08-14 at 02:41 PM.

  3. #403
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    That's nice. Let see some courses on those subjects then.

    Then you need to prove that assertion. Frankly, given the overall ideological bent of the entire event, I doubt it.

    No, but you think we should be encouraging them to be having promiscuous sex and threesomes, apparently.

    That makes perfect sense!
    Show me where any of these seminars "encourages" threesomes or promiscuous sex where it wasn't a student/young person already interested in them to begin with? Who is forced to go to any of these events? Do you think that someone not in some way curious about threesomes or "getting laid while still being a gentleman" would be forced to attend so they might be "brainwashed" into thinking these things are something everyone does?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #404
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    The very fact that the seminars aren't about "acquiring promiscuous sex", nor does having a threesome automatically mean that you will acquire anything or even increase your chances of that shows that your beliefs are based off of personal beliefs, rather than any facts. I've provided facts for mine.

    I'm okay with people having sex that is pleasurable and I know that just because people aren't in "committed" relationships doesn't mean they can't have safe sex.


    What moral context is being pushed here? That threesomes can happen? That people can hookup, get laid? Those are only moral questions as to whether they are right or wrong and then it is up to the individual and has nothing to do with the seminars themselves.
    Oh, yea... You don't promote promiscuity at all! You just support teaching classes about sex that is "pleasurable" and "outside of committed relationships."

    Gotcha.

    You're also apparently against teaching courses on marriage, as that might *le gasp!* encourage students to get married!!

    I rest my case, your honor.

  5. #405
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Oh, yea... You don't promote promiscuity at all! You just support teaching classes about sex that is "pleasurable" and "outside of committed relationships."

    Gotcha.

    You're also apparently against teaching courses on marriage, as that might *le gasp!* encourage students to get married!!

    I rest my case, your honor.
    Actually, none of those things is true, even about these seminars. In fact, tell me exactly what is included in the "how to get laid and be a gentleman" seminar. My husband gets laid and knows how to be a gentleman doing it so wouldn't that suggest that this seminar could easily be promoting committed relationships? You can be in a committed threesome or even just a twosome where you include a third person in the sex once or even more often without it being unsafe or "promiscuous" sex.

    I actually said just the opposite about teaching courses on marriage, but do not believe that this is something that should be pushed more than any of the other things. I don't believe that marriage is something that needs to be discussed on its own more than it already is, except for maybe actually communicating within marriages in the same way these seminars teach already.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #406
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Show me where any of these seminars "encourages" threesomes or promiscuous sex where it wasn't a student/young person already interested in them to begin with? Who is forced to go to any of these events? Do you think that someone not in some way curious about threesomes or "getting laid while still being a gentleman" would be forced to attend so they might be "brainwashed" into thinking these things are something everyone does?
    Students are already interested in binge drinking, doing drugs, and driving fast as well.

    Does this mean that universities should start host classes on doing proper kegstands, making improvised bongs, and the etiquette of underground street racing?

    For the record, I also find it hilarious that you suggest courses on these subjects will not "encourage" students to take part in promiscuous activities, when you just said that courses on marriage are not necessary because students do not need to be "encouraged" to get married.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Actually, none of those things is true, even about these seminars. In fact, tell me exactly what is included in the "how to get laid and be a gentleman" seminar. My husband gets laid and knows how to be a gentleman doing it so wouldn't that suggest that this seminar could easily be promoting committed relationships? You can be in a committed threesome or even just a twosome where you include a third person in the sex once or even more often without it being unsafe or "promiscuous" sex.
    Because the college students that you just clearly stated "should not be getting married" are taking these classes with committed relationships in mind?

    Ya-huh. Are you going to try to sell me swamp land in Florida now too?

    I actually said just the opposite about teaching courses on marriage, but do not believe that this is something that should be pushed more than any of the other things. I don't believe that marriage is something that needs to be discussed on its own more than it already is, except for maybe actually communicating within marriages in the same way these seminars teach already.
    Yeaaa... No.

    What you did was let your true feelings on the matter slip through by accident, and now you're trying to cover your ass by walking it back.

    The simple fact of the matter is that you, and the Left in general, don't really give a sh*t about marriage. You'll pay it lip service on occasion. However, at the end of the day, you essentially view it as being little more than some cutesy tid-bit of largely irrelevant old-fashioned nothing, basically only noteworthy for the "mooshy-gooshy" feelings it sometimes produces.

    And yea, when you let your guard down and spoke candidly on the subject, that's exactly what came out.

    "Well... Maaaaybe we could teach a class like that, but it's not really a priority, because we don't want to risk encouraging students to get married anyway."

    Then you followed it up immediately afterwards with another post talking about how important and "healthy" it is was for students be taught about sex that was "pleasurable" but takes place "outside of committed relationships," because that is clearly a greater priority in your mind and to your ideological position.

    Ummm... "Busted," much?
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 10-08-14 at 03:22 PM.

  7. #407
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Students are already interested in binge drinking, doing drugs, and driving fast as well.

    Does this mean that universities should start host classes on doing proper kegstands, making improvised bongs, and the etiquette of underground street racing?

    For the record, I also find it hilarious that you suggest courses on these subjects will not "encourage" students to take part in promiscuous activities, when you just said that courses on marriage are not necessary because students do not need to be "encouraged" to get married.



    Because the college students that you just clearly stated "should not be getting married" are taking these classes with committed relationships in mind?

    Ya-huh. Are you going to try to sell me swamp land in Florida now too?



    Yeaaa... No.

    What you did was let your true feelings on the matter slip through by accident, and now you're trying to cover your ass by walking it back.

    The simple fact of the matter is that you, and the Left in general, don't really give a sh*t about marriage. You'll pay it lip service on occasion. However, at the end of the day, you essentially view it as being little more than some cutesy tid-bit of largely irrelevant old-fashioned nothing, basically only noteworthy for the "mooshy-gooshy" feelings it sometimes produces.

    And yea, when you let your guard down and spoke candidly on the subject, that's exactly what came out.

    "Well... Maaaaybe we could teach a class like that, but it's not really a priority, because we don't want to risk encouraging students to get married anyway."

    Then you followed it up immediately afterwards with another post talking about how important and "healthy" it is was for students be taught about sex that was "pleasurable" but takes place "outside of committed relationships," because that is clearly a greater priority in your mind and to your ideological position.

    Ummm... "Busted," much?
    Unlike keg stands, having safer and healthier sex, being able to communicate about sex are things that people should actually learn.

    During college, at least for the general age of college, no they should not be getting married. But they already receive plenty of information about marriage with the possible exception of actually learning how to communicate during sex, something they can learn in these seminars.

    Wrong. I have no problem with teaching a class on marriage, just don't believe it needs to be prioritized like teaching about the other things such as safe sex and communicating, since marriage is taught in many different places.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #408
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Unlike keg stands, having safer and healthier sex, being able to communicate about sex are things that people should actually learn.
    Which has what, exactly, to do with "getting laid" or "negotiating threesomes?"

    Again, you don't seem to realize that you're arguing a completely different point that either of the rest of are here.

    Safe sex and communication are fine. People should learn that.

    Threesomes and promiscuous sex, however, are not things intrinsic to "healthy relationships" or "communication." Put simply, they are vices.

    As such, they are not something people "should" learn, or even necessarily take part in.

    During college, at least for the general age of college, no they should not be getting married. But they already receive plenty of information about marriage with the possible exception of actually learning how to communicate during sex, something they can learn in these seminars.
    Where, exactly, are they receiving that "plenty of information?"

    Frankly, why couldn't the exact same thing be said about the sexual deviancy this course aims to teach anyway?

    Hell! I'd go so far as to say that the average college student is actually getting far more information on promiscuity and "safe sex" in their day-to-day lives than they are monogamous relationships!

    Wrong. I have no problem with teaching a class on marriage, just don't believe it needs to be prioritized like teaching about the other things such as safe sex and communicating, since marriage is taught in many different places.
    So, again, your position here, put succinctly, is:

    "Teaching marriage isn't important. In fact, not only is marriage unimportant, but it should be actively discouraged among young adults."

    "Teaching promiscuity is important, and should be provided as a valid and desirable alternative to committed relationships, that can be embraced in lieu of marriage among young adult populations."

    Ummm... Again, I rest my case?
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 10-08-14 at 03:43 PM.

  9. #409
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Which has what, exactly, to do with "getting laid" or "negotiating threesomes?"

    Again, you don't seem to realize that you're arguing a completely different point that either of the rest of are here.

    Safe sex and communication are fine. People should learn that.

    Threesomes and promiscuous sex, however, are not things intrinsic to "healthy relationships" or "communication." Put simply, they are vices.

    As such, they are not something people "should" learn, or even necessarily take part in.



    Where, exactly, are they receiving that "plenty of information?"

    Frankly, why couldn't the exact same thing not be said about the sexual deviancy this course aims to teach anyway?

    Hell! I'd say that the average college student is actually getting far more information on promiscuity and "safe sex" on average than they are monogamous relationships!



    So, again, your position here, put succinctly, is:

    "Teaching marriage isn't important. Not only is marriage unimportant, but it should be actively discouraged."

    "Teaching promiscuity is important, and should be provided as a valid and desirable alternative to committed relationships, that should be embraced in lieu of marriage."

    Ummm... Again, I rest my case?
    You can get laid safely. You cannot safely do a "keg stand". You can get laid in a healthy, committed relationship, something that is objectively a good thing for most people to strive for if they are going to go for a relationship at all, as most of us eventually will. Keg stands are never healthy or safe.

    You are wrong. Marriage is encouraged and spoken about all over the internet, in media, by parents, in church, even by other adults. People aren't nearly as open about sex.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #410
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    You can get laid safely. You cannot safely do a "keg stand".
    Sure you can. I've done it.

    I'd actually say that it's safer than casual sex, on average. You can't catch a lethal STD from a swig of beer, after all.

    You get a nice "emotionally healthy" buzz out of it too!

    You can get laid in a healthy, committed relationship, something that is objectively a good thing for most people to strive for if they are going to go for a relationship at all, as most of us eventually will.
    None of which has anything whatsoever to do with teaching college students how to facilitate threesomes, or "get laid" outside of relationships.

    You are wrong. Marriage is encouraged and spoken about all over the internet, in media, by parents, in church, even by other adults. People aren't nearly as open about sex.
    Which is exactly why our society presently has some of the highest divorce rates, and the absolute lowest marriage rates it has ever seen?

    Because we bestow our children with so much useful information about the institution of marriage?

    Give me a break.

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •