Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 420

Thread: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Where did you get that they were going to teach "how absolutely amazing it is <to> go and try to take home drunk strangers from bars and clubs"? Nothing in those titles said that.
    "How to negotiate a threesome."

    "How to get laid."

    You were saying?

    Not everyone at a bar or club is drunk or a stranger.
    Oh, well that's good news! The sober ones that you actually know are more likely to rape you!

    The fact of the matter is that you don't know what really is safe or responsible sex, only what you want to believe is "safe and responsible sex".
    Statistically speaking, I can say with 100% confidence what "safe" and "responsible" sex is and is not.

    I hate to break it to you, but it's not "sleeping around," no matter how much latex you use.

    It is in no way a waste of time to teach students how to develop healthier sexual relationships, even if they had absolutely nothing in there about practicing safe sex.
    Sooo... Again.

    "How to negotiate threesomes" and "How to get laid," equates to "healthier sexual relationships" in your mind?


  2. #202
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    "How to negotiate a threesome."

    "How to get laid."

    You were saying?

    Oh, well that's good news! The sober ones that you actually know are more likely to rape you!

    Statistically speaking, I can say with 100% confidence what "safe" and "responsible" sex is and is not.

    I hate to break it to you, but it's not "sleeping around."

    Sooo... Again.

    "How to negotiate threesomes" and "How to get laid," equates to "healthier sexual relationships" in your mind?

    None of those things mention drunk strangers, alcohol at all for that matter, clubs or bars, or anything else you are claiming. Threesomes and more can have healthy relationships (already posted the link earlier). And getting laid is basically having sex. Hard to have a healthy sexual relationship if you aren't "getting laid".
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    None of those things mention drunk strangers, alcohol at all for that matter, clubs or bars, or anything else you are claiming. Threesomes and more can have healthy relationships (already posted the link earlier). And getting laid is basically having sex. Hard to have a healthy sexual relationship if you aren't "getting laid".
    Out of curiosity, did you ever actually go to college?

    As far as all that "polyamory" nonsense is concerned, I'm sure that the roughly 1% of people out there who can actually pull that kind of thing off will greatly appreciate all the time and money the school has spent on their account.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 10-03-14 at 01:14 PM.

  4. #204
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    None of those things mention drunk strangers, alcohol at all for that matter, clubs or bars, or anything else you are claiming. Threesomes and more can have healthy relationships (already posted the link earlier). And getting laid is basically having sex. Hard to have a healthy sexual relationship if you aren't "getting laid".
    i could understand his outrage if this was a required curriculum
    but the students attend of their own volition
    why the angst about them becoming more educated about matters of sexuality
    it's almost as if one seeks to equate sexuality with dirty/disgusting; residue from the old south
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #205
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you ever actually go to college?
    I am going to online college now. I went into the Navy, which is one big frat house with a small sorority living with them and a few older, more responsible people mixed in to supervise them, especially true during the first couple of years, while I was in training. Do you have delusions that somehow people that aren't in college at that age range have completely different experiences than college students do? We don't.

    You said that these seminars were going to be about teaching college students to pick up drunken strangers in clubs and bars. You have no idea what these seminars are about at all, given the fact that you don't recognize that you can go home/sleep with someone who a) you didn't pick up from a club or bar, and/or b) is not drunk, and/or c) isn't a stranger to you.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i could understand his outrage if this was a required curriculum
    but the students attend of their own volition
    why the angst about them becoming more educated about matters of sexuality
    it's almost as if one seeks to equate sexuality with dirty/disgusting; residue from the old south
    It simply goes to show how fundamentally screwed up the priorities of modern education happen to be.

    These people are going into six figures worth of debt for degrees that largely don't even ensure employment after graduation anymore.

    How do schools react to this? By perpetuating the "school is about partying and putting adulthood on hold" stereotype, and basically hosting a "how to be good at being a slut week," simply because it's something the overwhelmingly Liberal staff happen to support.

    It is "disgusting"... On many different levels.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I am going to online college now. I went into the Navy, which is one big frat house with a small sorority living with them and a few older, more responsible people mixed in to supervise them, especially true during the first couple of years, while I was in training. Do you have delusions that somehow people that aren't in college at that age range have completely different experiences than college students do? We don't.

    You said that these seminars were going to be about teaching college students to pick up drunken strangers in clubs and bars. You have no idea what these seminars are about at all, given the fact that you don't recognize that you can go home/sleep with someone who a) you didn't pick up from a club or bar, and/or b) is not drunk, and/or c) isn't a stranger to you.
    The fact of the matter is that college campuses have a culture all their own. That culture revolves largely around spoiled and self-entitled Middle Class white kids rebelling against mommy and daddy by getting into every kind of trouble they can possibly imagine within a four year span of time.

    In that vein, "hook-ups" at bars and clubs are basically ubiquitous. They are actually more common than dating in the current day and age.

    Most of the time, those liaisons take place under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or both.

    Again, take my word for it, modern college students do not need any more encouragement from "enlightened" Liberal professors in order to "experiment" or behave like irresponsible imbeciles. They manage just fine on their own.

  7. #207
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    The fact of the matter is that college campuses have a culture all their own. That culture revolves largely around spoiled and self-entitled Middle Class white kids rebelling against mommy and daddy by getting into every kind of trouble they can possibly imagine within a four year span of time.

    In that vein, "hook-ups" at bars and clubs are basically ubiquitous. They are actually more common than dating in the current day and age.

    Most of the time, those liaisons take place under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or both.

    Again, take my word for it, modern college students do not need any more encouragement from "enlightened" Liberal professors in order to "experiment" or behave like irresponsible imbeciles. They manage just fine on their own.
    Are you trying to say that sailors would never hook up at bars with people? Never try to rebel or do stuff like that? Much of the time liaisons between sailors and anyone involves alcohol (some of the time drugs, but not often due to more stringent rules for us). None of this means that these particular seminars are trying to teach them to pick up drunken strangers at bars or clubs to go home and sleep with. What is more likely is that they are going to discuss/teach about who should be "targeted" (perhaps sober women/men) and getting to know the person over more than a single night even to "hook up" with them. You simply don't know but only speculating based on your heavily biased viewpoint on this subject.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Are you trying to say that sailors would never hook up at bars with people? Never try to rebel or do stuff like that? Much of the time liaisons between sailors and anyone involves alcohol (some of the time drugs, but not often due to more stringent rules for us). None of this means that these particular seminars are trying to teach them to pick up drunken strangers at bars or clubs to go home and sleep with.
    The military has certain rules and structures built into it on an intrinsic level. While that doesn't prevent many military persons from being promiscuous - to the contrary, they can be quite promiscuous - it does limit the amount of trouble a person can get into without finding themselves facing serious consequences.

    None of that exists on a civilian campus. It is basically a free-for-all.

    You can drink all night, smoke pot all day, and skip classes to your heart's content... Just so long as you manage to squeak by with a 2.0 GPA.

    What is more likely is that they are going to discuss/teach about who should be "targeted" (perhaps sober women/men) and getting to know the person over more than a single night even to "hook up" with them. You simply don't know but only speculating based on your heavily biased viewpoint on this subject.
    Which is, again, at best a waste of time, and, at worst, counter-productive.

    You do not negate the ill-effects of promiscuity by helping people to be more successful at it, nor do you build "healthy relationships" that way, as promiscuity isn't "healthy" in the first place. This is roughly the equivalent of telling underage students all the best spots in town get alcohol, but thinking that's "A-okay" because you told them to "drink in moderation" and gave them a number for AA.

    What's going to happen is that they'll take the "fun" part of your advice, and forget all about the rest just as soon as it stops being convenient.

  9. #209
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    The military has certain rules and structures built into it on an intrinsic level. While that doesn't prevent many military persons from being promiscuous - to the contrary, they can be quite promiscuous - it does limit the amount of trouble a person can get into without finding themselves facing serious consequences.

    None of that exists on a civilian campus. It is basically a free-for-all.

    You can drink all night, smoke pot all day, and skip classes to your heart's content... Just so long as you manage to squeak by with a 2.0 GPA.

    Which is, again, at best a waste of time, and, at worst, counter-productive.

    You do not negate the ill-effects of promiscuity by helping people to be more successful at it, nor do you build "healthy relationships" that way, as promiscuity isn't "healthy" in the first place. This is roughly the equivalent of telling underage students all the best spots in town get alcohol, but thinking that's "A-okay" because you told them to "drink in moderation" and gave them a number for AA.

    What's going to happen is that they'll take the "fun" part of your advice, and forget all about the rest just as soon as it stops being convenient.
    We are talking about having sex, not doing other things, such as drinking or using drugs. Military members could still pick up those college girls and guys who have been drinking and/or using drugs.

    No, it is not a waste of time at all, nor counterproductive, if the goal is to teach students how to build healthier relationships that still involve sexual activity.

    The ill-effects of promiscuity are mainly due to unwanted pregnancy (teaching about safe sex to avoid this), STDs (again, safe sex to avoid this, building a relationship with your partner so that you know them and their history/plans before you have sex with them), and unhealthy relationships that are abusive or simply non-fulfilling. Promiscuity is not unhealthy in itself. Being irresponsible in your sex life is unhealthy.

    And if we taught students/teens how to drink in moderation and why they should, rather than either a) avoiding talking about alcohol at all, b) acting like it is completely wrong always, thus making it a temptation for them, or c) sending them mixed messages about alcohol, then we really wouldn't have so many alcohol issues either.

    They are already likely doing the fun part. If only a few of them listen to the parts that are going to help them have healthier relationships, that still makes it a net benefit.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Public University’s Sex Week Includes ‘Negotiating Successful Threesomes’ Event

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    We are talking about having sex, not doing other things, such as drinking or using drugs. Military members could still pick up those college girls and guys who have been drinking and/or using drugs.

    No, it is not a waste of time at all, nor counterproductive, if the goal is to teach students how to build healthier relationships that still involve sexual activity.

    The ill-effects of promiscuity are mainly due to unwanted pregnancy (teaching about safe sex to avoid this), STDs (again, safe sex to avoid this, building a relationship with your partner so that you know them and their history/plans before you have sex with them), and unhealthy relationships that are abusive or simply non-fulfilling. Promiscuity is not unhealthy in itself. Being irresponsible in your sex life is unhealthy.

    And if we taught students/teens how to drink in moderation and why they should, rather than either a) avoiding talking about alcohol at all, b) acting like it is completely wrong always, thus making it a temptation for them, or c) sending them mixed messages about alcohol, then we really wouldn't have so many alcohol issues either.

    They are already likely doing the fun part. If only a few of them listen to the parts that are going to help them have healthier relationships, that still makes it a net benefit.
    This is simply you projecting your nonsensical (and oddly naive) "sex positive" ideology onto the issue again.

    There are a great many "ill-effects" of promiscuity, a lot of them subtle and psychological, rather than overt and psychical. "Hook-up regret" and loss of self-esteem tied to bad sexual experiences, for instance, are quite common, and there is also evidence to suggest that persons with large numbers of sexual partners in their formative years are less capable of maintaining long term relationships and marriages than their more sexually restrained compatriots further into adulthood.

    If you're trying to say that any of these negative impacts can be "taught" out of the experience, I'd, quite frankly, say that you're completely missing the point of these behaviors in the first place.

    They are not meant to create "healthy relationships." They never were. In point of fact, "relationships" have little or nothing to do with it. They are meant to satisfy selfish, ego-boosting, animal lust while thumbing one's nose at traditional social mores in the process.

    For that exact reason, when they do, occasionally, spawn relationships, they tend to be unstable, fundamentally unhealthy, and short-lived. They are simply built off of all the wrong things.

    This brings us right back to my major problem with this whole thing in the first place. First off, it is a waste of time and money.

    (If it even is the instructors' misguided intent to push for such a thing in the first place) College students are no more going to accept a "kinder, gentler" version of promiscuity than they are going to start only having two drinks at Fraternity keggers. That's simply not the way vice works, especially not in an environment which actively promotes excess.

    Secondly, the way this entire farce has been framed and marketed does actively serve to promote exactly the kind of "excess" which makes these behaviors so common in the first place.

    At the end of the day, this will accomplish absolutely nothing other than to push the Left's "sexual liberation" agenda, while very likely making the original problem worse. It is basically just a glorified progressive propaganda piece.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 10-03-14 at 03:01 PM.

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •