Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Yemen's government just fell.

  1. #11
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    08-08-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: Yemen's government just fell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Why am I supposed to care about Yemen again?

    Uncivilized women-stoning civilizations should just be left to rot.
    It is borderline in caring about it, but Yemen is on the North end and Somalia is on the South end of the Gulf of Aden. Roughly 12%-14% of all oil transported by boat goes through that Gulf on its way to various nations and is now surrounded in chaos. Cargo will now need even more protections making their way through these waters.

    That said, I say we still should not care or get involved.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Yemen's government just fell.

    Obama's stability tour continues. Im sure nothing but nice things will come from this.

  3. #13
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Yemen's government just fell.

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Obama's stability tour continues. Im sure nothing but nice things will come from this.
    Yemen.Obama.Idiots.
    Um, what were you saying?
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,361

    Re: Yemen's government just fell.

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Obama's stability tour continues. Im sure nothing but nice things will come from this.
    If only he could just pack up and leave like your icon did in Lebanon. Those were simpler times.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Yemen's government just fell.

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    If only he could just pack up and leave like your icon did. Those were simpler times.
    They were-in that we could admit what we were doing and why.

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,361

    Re: Yemen's government just fell.

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    They were-in that we could admit what we were doing and why.
    Why did Reagan pack up and leave after the bombing of the barracks in Beruit? I really don't know the excuse.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Yemen's government just fell.

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Why did Reagan pack up and leave after the bombing of the barracks in Beruit? I really don't know the excuse.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Yemen's government just fell.

    I don't think Yemen was much but a loose federation of local rulers anyway. But disorder there, just as in Libya, or Somalia, or Iraq, or Syria, or Lebanon, is not good for this country. It seems to me the biggest problem the U.S. has in dealing with what are sometimes called "failed states" in the Muslim world--and the number of them is increasing--is that our military is most effective at deterring real nations from acting aggressively toward us. The governments of North Korea or Pakistan or Cuba might detest the U.S. and want very badly to do it harm, but they know very well what would happen to their countries if they were crazy enough to try to act on their wishes. But in Libya, or Yemen, or Somalia--or Syria, for that matter--what government is there to hold at risk?

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Yemen's government just fell.

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    I don't think Yemen was much but a loose federation of local rulers anyway. But disorder there, just as in Libya, or Somalia, or Iraq, or Syria, or Lebanon, is not good for this country. It seems to me the biggest problem the U.S. has in dealing with what are sometimes called "failed states" in the Muslim world--and the number of them is increasing--is that our military is most effective at deterring real nations from acting aggressively toward us. The governments of North Korea or Pakistan or Cuba might detest the U.S. and want very badly to do it harm, but they know very well what would happen to their countries if they were crazy enough to try to act on their wishes. But in Libya, or Yemen, or Somalia--or Syria, for that matter--what government is there to hold at risk?
    This is of course the issue. And they are breeding centers for terrorists.

  10. #20
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Yemen's government just fell.

    Still not seeing this on MSM outlets. Until then...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •