Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 387

Thread: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    You would need a better argument than terrorism, since not all Muslims are terrorists.

    In any case, the ads would tend to incite violence against Muslims, which makes those supporting the ads no better than the people the ads are targeting.
    The hell you say. I support them completely. And when the likes of you thinks that makes me no better than some jihadist murderer, I take it as high praise. I'd tell you what I think of anti-American leftists who never tire of carrying water for these enemies of this country, but it's not civil enough to repeat here. In any case, I'd rather save those opinions for telling that kind of cur right to his face. I want to be able to spit in it, in hopes he'll want to do something about it.

    You just want to silence the truth. Why should telling the truth about Muslim jihadists incite violence against anyone but them and their abetters? And in their case, the more the better--I hope the scabby yellow mutts get more violence directed their way than they've ever dreamed of. This country should resolve to kill them wherever they can be found, by the thousands, and let the leftist scum who share their hatred of America shed a tear for them. Unfortunately, any serious effort to destroy these vermin will have to wait until President Limpwrist has gone golfing for good.

  2. #72
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,185

    Re: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Well, I would be opposed to any ad on any public building, facility, vehicle, etc. whose sole purpose is to denigrate any identifiable group of people.

    To take it off religion, suppose someone wanted to put up an ad that basically labeled all black youth as gun toting, drug dealing, murderous criminals. There's no doubt there are some black youth that fit the bill but is it appropriate for government owned and operated facilities to disseminate such bigotry? Why should a black youth, minding his/her business, doing no harm to anyone, have to sit in a subway car with an ad condemning him/her simply because they're part of an identifiable group? Why should average Muslims be subjected to the same scenario?

    If this is the only way that western society has to go in order to solve the problems in the world, we're in deep trouble.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #73
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,185

    Re: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Yes, what the city transit agency does is state action. I don't understand whose right to free speech you think is involved, other than this woman's organization. What government entity in this case has infringed the free speech of any Muslim, and how?

    Nothing in the First Amendment protects private persons from being offended by what other private persons say. I didn't see any statement in those ads that was false. If some Muslim doesn't like having it pointed out publicly that parts of the Koran condemn Jews, that the Mufti of Jerusalem was thick as thieves with Hitler, that CAIR and HAMAS are creations of the Muslim Brotherhood, and so on, too bad.
    I didn't say anything specifically about free speech rights - I said first amendment rights. You are aware the first amendment to the US Constitution involves more than just free speech. It also provides protection against " impeding the free exercise of religion". Can not an argument be made that when publicly own facilities are used to promote hatred of a religion, the government is impeding the free exercise of that religion? I have no opposition to these ads themselves being placed on private buildings or other private facilities if the owners of those buildings/facilities want to be associated with the speech presented. That is entirely different from the ads being placed on public property, property that is partially owned and paid for by some who are being targeted in the ads.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  4. #74
    Educator Frodly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Last Seen
    06-26-16 @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    684

    Re: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    'In a move that is certain to further escalate already stretched racial tensions in America's most cosmopolitan city, some 100 New York City buses will soon carry jarring anti-Islamic posters which feature photos of an ISIS beheading victim, his alleged executioner, Adolf Hitler, declare "Yesterday's moderate [Muslim] is today's headline" and proclaim "It's not Islamophobia, it's Islamorealism" as part of an "educational campaign." According to the NY Daily News, the ads, paid for by flame-throwing blogger Pamela Geller, at a cost of $100,000, are intended as an “education campaign” to warn of the “problem with jihad” and Islamic sharia law, Geller said.'



    http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/defau...0ads%20NYC.jpg

    My reaction?


    Not only are the ads bigoted nonsense, spreading hate and lies at the behest of an evil and disgusting woman, they don't understand even the basic realities of the situation. The reason so much US aid goes to Islamic countries is for two reasons, oil and Israel. We are told we shouldn't send aid because they hate Jews, but the whole reason we send aid to countries like Egypt and Jordan is to maintain Israeli security. We gave almost no aid to Egypt prior to Camp David, but after they became the second largest recipient of US aid (after Israel of course). So not only is this stupid in the obvious ways, but even for the things they support, they don't understand how to support them or what that support means.
    Last edited by Frodly; 09-21-14 at 06:16 AM.
    I'm a Tarte, what!! You want some of this??

    To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead. -- Thomas Paine

  5. #75
    Educator Frodly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Last Seen
    06-26-16 @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    684

    Re: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

    Quote Originally Posted by USViking View Post
    Not going to happen.

    NYC will not allow it.

    And I think OP just found a decietful link.

    Pamela Geller has been allowed to run her fascist propaganda before.
    I'm a Tarte, what!! You want some of this??

    To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead. -- Thomas Paine

  6. #76
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,876

    Re: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

    Quote Originally Posted by Frodly View Post
    Pamela Geller has been allowed to run her fascist propaganda before.
    Pam Geller is the nutter who went Full Metal Whackypants because Rachael Ray wore this in a Dunkin Donuts ad:



    To which Geller had to say:

    Have you seen Rachael Ray wearing the icon of Yasser Arfatbastard and the bloody Islamic jihad.
    RACHAEL RAY, DUNKIN DONUTS JIHAD TOOL | Pamela Geller, Atlas Shrugs

    Yes, this lunatic went crazy over a PLAID SCARF. Clearly a sign of the impending caliphate, one bear claw at a time.

    Pamela Geller is INSANE.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #77
    Educator Frodly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Last Seen
    06-26-16 @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    684

    Re: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's no excuse to deny others their 1st Amendment rights. If Muslims are offended to the point of violence, then they'll suffer the concequences of their crimes; perhaps other Muslims will come to understand, by that example, that they have to moderate their religious feelings.

    He said the opposite. Pamela Geller has run ads before, and there has been nothing more than vandalism of those ads. On the other hand, a woman pushed an Indian man onto the subway tracks because she hated Muslims. The fact the man wasn't Muslim was irrelevant to her (which is a perfect exemplification of why this is ABSOLUTELY about racism and not just bigotry. Race is completely and totally tied up into all of this).
    I'm a Tarte, what!! You want some of this??

    To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead. -- Thomas Paine

  8. #78
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,185

    Re: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Pam Geller is the nutter who went Full Metal Whackypants because Rachael Ray wore this in a Dunkin Donuts ad:



    To which Geller had to say:



    RACHAEL RAY, DUNKIN DONUTS JIHAD TOOL | Pamela Geller, Atlas Shrugs

    Yes, this lunatic went crazy over a PLAID SCARF. Clearly a sign of the impending caliphate, one bear claw at a time.

    Pamela Geller is INSANE.
    We can all agree that her reaction to the Rachel Ray ad was far over the top, but let's not dismiss the subliminal messaging that has been a significant part of advertising since its inception.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #79
    Educator Frodly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Last Seen
    06-26-16 @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    684

    Re: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    This recent parade didn't gain as much attention as the ads did. ‘Pro-Terror’ (United American)Muslim Day Parade – NYC- 2014- pics/vids | the "silent" majority no more!

    There a fear by some of offending Muslims and Islam moreso than other groups or religions and, as well, we might also ask ourselves if anything on that ad is untrue. Given the amount of Islamic violence against innocent people throughout the world in the past few decades I think it's time we dropped our concerns about offending anyone. This does not mean we should be attacking or defaming innocent individual Muslims but I see no problem in attacking the religion which is committing so much violence in the world today.

    Bull ****. Do you think an anti-semite would be allowed to run an ad defaming Jews in the New York subway? What are some of the favorite memes of that brand of idiot? Lets say they ran an ad talking about the Rothschilds and how the evil Jew bankers were subverting the good Christian family, or some other such nonsense. What is the likelihood it would be allowed to run? Of course there is NO chance!! The truth is the opposite of what you say. Saying bigoted things about Muslims is the ONLY form of bigotry which is politically correct in this country. If a person said something bigoted against Jews, black people, women, Mexicans, etc they would be shunned from the mainstream national public discourse. If they say something bigoted about Muslims, the worst they get is criticism for their bigotry (which they of course decry as being political correctness run amok, instead of accurately calling bigotry what it is), but they are allowed to stay in the debate.
    I'm a Tarte, what!! You want some of this??

    To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead. -- Thomas Paine

  10. #80
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

    Quote Originally Posted by Frodly View Post
    Bull ****. Do you think an anti-semite would be allowed to run an ad defaming Jews in the New York subway? What are some of the favorite memes of that brand of idiot? Lets say they ran an ad talking about the Rothschilds and how the evil Jew bankers were subverting the good Christian family, or some other such nonsense. What is the likelihood it would be allowed to run? Of course there is NO chance!! The truth is the opposite of what you say. Saying bigoted things about Muslims is the ONLY form of bigotry which is politically correct in this country. If a person said something bigoted against Jews, black people, women, Mexicans, etc they would be shunned from the mainstream national public discourse. If they say something bigoted about Muslims, the worst they get is criticism for their bigotry (which they of course decry as being political correctness run amok, instead of accurately calling bigotry what it is), but they are allowed to stay in the debate.
    I don't know what world you come from, but people say **** about Jews all the time. If it's not griping over treatment of Hamas (or Palestinians, whatever their called :P) then everyone's complaining about them being so rich and greedy.

    Exhibit A:


Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •