Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 387

Thread: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    When do the first amendment rights of one party override the first amendment rights of another? Aren't you disrespecting the first amendment rights of Muslims when you say they "will come to understand, by that example, that they have to moderate their religious feelings"? Isn't the NYC subway/transit system an arm of the government? Can't it be argued that the government is clearly abusing the first amendment rights of Muslims through allowing such ads?
    The ad was in response to this one. 'Islamic Jew-hatred' bus ads featuring Hitler roll out on D.C. streets

  2. #42
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    apdst's argument was garbage. It continues the lie that "the left" will defend Islam at all costs. It's worthy only of derision; ergo, that's what it gets.
    Another personal attack. This is how it always starts. You get a couple of Libbos slinging insults vice debating the topic and things go to ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    However, there are people who oppose crticism of Islam for fear of violence by Muslims, which means the very same people who defend Muslims also believe that all Muslims are capable of religious extremist violence.
    That violence appears to be coming no matter whether we offend Islamists or not. I doubt any of those recently beheaded by IS were asked how they felt about Muslims, or ads on buses. Nor the intended victims in Australia or Belgium.

  4. #44
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,936

    Re: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're resorting to a personal engagement, because you lack the ability to debate the thread topic. You're incapable of expressing why I'm wrong, or why the ads are wrong; you're only able to attack me, personally and you somehow believe that makes you morally superior and, based on that alone, makes you right.
    Save your crocodile tears. No one is attacking you personally. My comment to you was relating to a statement you specifically made in relating to Muslims. They are your own words - own them. If you don't want your disgusting, bigoted comments discussed then perhaps you should not share them.

  5. #45
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Another personal attack. This is how it always starts. You get a couple of Libbos slinging insults vice debating the topic and things go to ****.
    Pointing out that your argument is a bad one is not a "personal attack."
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #46
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    apdst's argument was garbage. It continues the lie that "the left" will defend Islam at all costs. It's worthy only of derision; ergo, that's what it gets.
    "apdst" "the left" "defend islam"

    meanwhile...

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe
    I'm fine with nuking the ME.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  7. #47
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    apdst's argument was garbage. It continues the lie that "the left" will defend Islam at all costs. It's worthy only of derision; ergo, that's what it gets.
    Another personal engagement sans fact, or substance. This is how it always gets started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #48
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    "apdst" "the left" "defend islam"

    meanwhile...
    The thread is already about me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Hi Vesper...

    How did the people of Islam allow their faith to be hijacked? If it is so, then what of us Christians and the Westboro Church? The Salem witch hunts?

    Has the United States abandoned all pretense at justice, and all of Islam is to be blamed, not just accused, but blamed for all of terrorism?

    These ads are not constructive, they do not add anything, but hold the world's largest religion responsible for the actions of fanatics.
    Members of the Westboro Church have been isolated and condemned by all Christians. You're reaching again with the Salem Witch hunts.

    The United States is not blaming Islam for all terrorism, and in fact the past two President have both said that most Muslims are peaceful people.

  10. #50
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The thread is already about me!
    Finish the quote
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •