Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 95

Thread: Senate Blocks Pay Equity Bill[W:38]

  1. #61
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,035

    Re: Senate Blocks Pay Equity Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post

    women that have families will put in LESS time than ones without....and their careers often get put on the backburner either by themselves, or their spouse/partner
    Then dont hire them at all. But dont treat them like 2nd class citizens.

    If a man or woman is hired, one presumes they are the best person for the job. If they are, then they deserve to be paid appropriately and equally. In the high tech industry, men take alot of time off for their families too...because it's a fairly flexible and open-minded industry. They take paternity leave, stay home with sick kids, etc. If gender roles equalize in other areas, then women will miss less time because of kids.

    But if the woman was worth hiring, then she's worth paying fully. If you dont want the chance of maternity leave, etc....dont hire women. See how that goes (And I dont mean just EOD...overall, in ALL areas of the workplace and business.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #62
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,630

    Re: Senate Blocks Pay Equity Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Even if people were owed what other people get for the same work the idea that women are paid less is a myth that has been thoroughly debunked.
    Please explain how equal pay for an equal job has been debunked.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  3. #63
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,966

    Re: Senate Blocks Pay Equity Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Then dont hire them at all. But dont treat them like 2nd class citizens.

    If a man or woman is hired, one presumes they are the best person for the job. If they are, then they deserve to be paid appropriately and equally. In the high tech industry, men take alot of time off for their families too...because it's a fairly flexible and open-minded industry. They take paternity leave, stay home with sick kids, etc. If gender roles equalize in other areas, then women will miss less time because of kids.

    But if the woman was worth hiring, then she's worth paying fully. If you dont want the chance of maternity leave, etc....dont hire women. See how that goes (And I dont mean just EOD...overall, in ALL areas of the workplace and business.)

    so the guys who constantly work 60 hour weeks, and put in their time

    they should be paid on par with "mom" because i hired mom in the first place?

    really? are you trying to set women's rights back 75 years?

    do you want them back in the kitchens, instead of the workplaces?

    a woman is only worth what a man is worth IF she produces the same....period

    in that case, by all means they should be paid equally

    if not, she should get her productions portion of what he earns

    what's good for the goose.....kinda that sorta thing

    and we can go back to no women in the workforce....easily done

    somehow, i dont think that is where you want to go
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  4. #64
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,035

    Re: Senate Blocks Pay Equity Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    so the guys who constantly work 60 hour weeks, and put in their time

    they should be paid on par with "mom" because i hired mom in the first place?

    really? are you trying to set women's rights back 75 years?

    do you want them back in the kitchens, instead of the workplaces?

    a woman is only worth what a man is worth IF she produces the same....period

    in that case, by all means they should be paid equally

    if not, she should get her productions portion of what he earns

    what's good for the goose.....kinda that sorta thing

    and we can go back to no women in the workforce....easily done

    somehow, i dont think that is where you want to go

    I've been salaried. What makes you think they are forced to work 60 hrs a week? It's not even legal. They choose to do that. I know...I sometimes chose to do it. And some weeks I worked 30...to make it balance out. But just because women are not 'in the office' doesnt mean they still arent working. Especially today. They are connected all the time.

    When I was salaried, I'd go home and still keep working. I'd take sick days to stay home and work in peace.

    The hours are not indicative of MORE work and certainly not of quality. It can also be an indicator of 'not working smart.' And men that dont want to go home and have to help their wives that were also working all day with the kids and the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,594

    Re: Senate Blocks Pay Equity Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Women are paid less period Henrin--why do you deny this?
    Calling me dishonest, which even GOP Senators don't agree with, doesn't change the FACT that women are paid less than men for the same job .
    I hear that is true in the Obama White House.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  6. #66
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,594

    Re: Senate Blocks Pay Equity Bill

    I am wondering why in the world a company would pay a person less, just because of their gender. Also, how could they even get away with it? As far as I know, companies are not in collusion with each other to keep women's pay down. Maybe the answer is that they really are getting paid what they are worth.

    Which employee would be worth more, all else being equal? The one that could be their longer to get things done, or the one that can't because of other obligations? The one that may miss a few days here and there, or the one that maybe out for extended periods and might not return?
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  7. #67
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,966

    Re: Senate Blocks Pay Equity Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I've been salaried. What makes you think they are forced to work 60 hrs a week? It's not even legal. They choose to do that. I know...I sometimes chose to do it. And some weeks I worked 30...to make it balance out. But just because women are not 'in the office' doesnt mean they still arent working. Especially today. They are connected all the time.

    When I was salaried, I'd go home and still keep working. I'd take sick days to stay home and work in peace.

    The hours are not indicative of MORE work and certainly not of quality. It can also be an indicator of 'not working smart.' And men that dont want to go home and have to help their wives that were also working all day with the kids and the house.

    no one is "forced" to do anything

    you want equal pay

    equal pay has to be for equal RESULTS

    i could give a **** less if they do that in the office, their car, or from a ****ing casino

    i measure results....period

    And results are easily measured in my business.....and my office

    results....nothing else.....results

    makes life so easy when things are so black and white
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  8. #68
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,035

    Re: Senate Blocks Pay Equity Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    no one is "forced" to do anything

    you want equal pay

    equal pay has to be for equal RESULTS

    i could give a **** less if they do that in the office, their car, or from a ****ing casino

    i measure results....period

    And results are easily measured in my business.....and my office

    results....nothing else.....results

    makes life so easy when things are so black and white
    That sounds good on paper but it's not always reality.

    There is a definite impression left when people see someone sitting at their desk all hours. Again...maybe they just dont 'work smart.'

    And if it is about results...then why do people keep bring up hours worked?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #69
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,966

    Re: Senate Blocks Pay Equity Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    That sounds good on paper but it's not always reality.

    There is a definite impression left when people see someone sitting at their desk all hours. Again...maybe they just dont 'work smart.'

    And if it is about results...then why do people keep bring up hours worked?


    usually the two go hand in hand.....

    once in a while, i agree they dont

    in a retail sales atmosphere....it really is fairly easy to distinguish the two

    my so called expertise is in systems (making things easier, faster, better) and management of personnel

    i dont have all the answers....never claimed to

    i have stolen many more ideas, than i have come up with (on how to work more efficiently, and to get the most out of people)

    it takes time to cultivate skills.....to build your portfolio.....

    there are some people that can do more in a shorter amount of time.....they are rare, but they are out there

    time is a necessary ingredient for most.....most, not all
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  10. #70
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,035

    Re: Senate Blocks Pay Equity Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    usually the two go hand in hand.....

    once in a while, i agree they dont

    in a retail sales atmosphere....it really is fairly easy to distinguish the two

    my so called expertise is in systems (making things easier, faster, better) and management of personnel

    i dont have all the answers....never claimed to

    i have stolen many more ideas, than i have come up with (on how to work more efficiently, and to get the most out of people)

    it takes time to cultivate skills.....to build your portfolio.....

    there are some people that can do more in a shorter amount of time.....they are rare, but they are out there

    time is a necessary ingredient for most.....most, not all
    Who's allowed to work 60 hours a week in retail sales? Nobody.

    And yes time is necessary....it's all in how you maximize it and doesnt always take place 'in the workplace.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •