Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 236

Thread: Daniele Watts says she was detained for ‘showing affection’

  1. #41
    Sage
    faithful_servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Central Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,699

    Re: Daniele Watts says she was detained for ‘showing affection’

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Gee, that was so withering...I don't know if I will ever recover! (that is sarcasm, you might not get it)
    You offered an opinion based on NOTHING, so I placed it with the other dumb stuff I've heard in my life that are based on nothing (actually bigfoot might actually have a little more foundation in reality than your opinion). I just don't get why people think that making something their opinion entitles them to stop thinking. You had nothing to base your claim on other than the desire to make an accusation of racism.
    Our nation has not always lived up to its ideals, yet those ideals have never ceased to guide us. They expose our flaws, and lead us to mend them. We are the beneficiaries of the work of the generations before us and it is each generation's responsibility to continue that work. - Laura Bush

  2. #42
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,370

    Re: Daniele Watts says she was detained for ‘showing affection’

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    You offered an opinion based on NOTHING, so I placed it with the other dumb stuff I've heard in my life that are based on nothing (actually bigfoot might actually have a little more foundation in reality than your opinion). I just don't get why people think that making something their opinion entitles them to stop thinking. You had nothing to base your claim on other than the desire to make an accusation of racism.
    Neither do you.

    Lighten up Francis.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  3. #43
    Sage
    faithful_servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Central Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,699

    Re: Daniele Watts says she was detained for ‘showing affection’

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Neither do you.

    Lighten up Francis.
    I made no accusations, you did. Stupidity like yours makes dealing with REAL racism MORE difficult, since it causes people to roll their eyes every time racism is mentioned. The people who are fighting real racism should be looking at people like screaming "YOU'RE NOT HELPING!!!!"
    Our nation has not always lived up to its ideals, yet those ideals have never ceased to guide us. They expose our flaws, and lead us to mend them. We are the beneficiaries of the work of the generations before us and it is each generation's responsibility to continue that work. - Laura Bush

  4. #44
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,370

    Re: Daniele Watts says she was detained for ‘showing affection’

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    I made no accusations, you did. Stupidity like yours makes dealing with REAL racism MORE difficult, since it causes people to roll their eyes every time racism is mentioned. The people who are fighting real racism should be looking at people like screaming "YOU'RE NOT HELPING!!!!"
    Knock it off with the personal attacks, you are whipping yourself into anger for nothing.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  5. #45
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Daniele Watts says she was detained for ‘showing affection’

    Show your damned ID. Even the ACLU advises that people stopped by the cops should show their ID when asked. When you refuse to do so, you get arrested. Duh.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  6. #46
    Sage
    faithful_servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Central Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,699

    Re: Daniele Watts says she was detained for ‘showing affection’

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Knock it off with the personal attacks, you are whipping yourself into anger for nothing.
    That wasn't a personal attack, it was an attack on the stupidity of your statement. My apologies if I made it sound differently.

    You jumped to a conclusion that you have NO reason to jump to. You saw a news report about a black person getting arrested/detained for something questionable and your mind immediately jumped to "RACIST!!!" with nothing to back it up.
    Our nation has not always lived up to its ideals, yet those ideals have never ceased to guide us. They expose our flaws, and lead us to mend them. We are the beneficiaries of the work of the generations before us and it is each generation's responsibility to continue that work. - Laura Bush

  7. #47
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,370

    Re: Daniele Watts says she was detained for ‘showing affection’

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    That wasn't a personal attack, it was an attack on the stupidity of your statement. My apologies if I made it sound differently.

    You jumped to a conclusion that you have NO reason to jump to. You saw a news report about a black person getting arrested/detained for something questionable and your mind immediately jumped to "RACIST!!!" with nothing to back it up.
    Blah blah blah..anger.

    I have an opinion, so do you...lets leave it at that without all the anger.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Daniele Watts says she was detained for ‘showing affection’

    The latest. Apparently pictures exist of the incident, which involved far more than "just kissing." The race card sure is easy to play.. And once played many will instantly believe it.

    Django Unchained actress Daniele Watts pictured by witnesses straddling boyfriend in car | Mail Online

    The Django Unchained actress who claimed she was harassed by LAPD officers who unfairly arrested her when she was making out with her boyfriend appears to have been doing a lot more than just kissing.
    Pictures obtained by TMZ show Daniele Watts straddling her boyfriend Brian James Lucas in his car while the couple steady themselves with their hands on the car sunroof.
    Eyewitness accounts suggest that Watts was grinding on top of her boyfriend with her shirt pulled up and her breasts exposed.
    An eyewitness who saw the couple as he worked in a nearby office told TMZ that Lucas was sitting in the passenger seat with his feet on the curb and Watts was straddling him and rocking back and forth.

    Watts (right) insisted she was just kissing her boyfriend in the car but witness accounts suggest different
    Someone from the office went down and asked the couple to stop because everyone in the office could see them but they continued.
    The eyewitnesses said Lucas then began 'horizontally bongoing her boobs back and forth'. He added that Watts eventually reached into the center console, grabbed a tissue, wiped him down and then herself and tossed it on the grass.

  9. #49
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Daniele Watts says she was detained for ‘showing affection’

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    The latest. Apparently pictures exist of the incident, which involved far more than "just kissing." The race card sure is easy to play.. And once played many will instantly believe it.

    Django Unchained actress Daniele Watts pictured by witnesses straddling boyfriend in car | Mail Online
    The eyewitnesses said Lucas then began 'horizontally bongoing her boobs back and forth'.
    Gotta love the Daily Maul!!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #50
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Daniele Watts says she was detained for ‘showing affection’

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Gotta love the Daily Maul!!
    Hah, I was trying to figure thone out what the witness meant by that. Shrug.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •