Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: Letter: Holder Aide Accidentally Calls Issa Staff for Help Spinning IRS Scandal

  1. #11
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Letter: Holder Aide Accidentally Calls Issa Staff for Help Spinning IRS Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Well, maybe we need to recap all this.

    - A senior employee of the IRS publicly admits she harassed Republican PAC's in the lead up to the lats election.

    - That senior aide testifies under oath it was all the fault of subordinates.
    You seem to be forgetting that the information gathered was at the behest of the DOJ in the first place.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #12
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,467

    Re: Letter: Holder Aide Accidentally Calls Issa Staff for Help Spinning IRS Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You seem to be forgetting that the information gathered was at the behest of the DOJ in the first place.
    relevance?

    The twit was calling a congressman for help in creating propaganda and phoned the enemy..

    who gives a rats ass who gathered the information, the mouse monkey wanted political help......that's why he called a politician..

    get it?
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  3. #13
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Letter: Holder Aide Accidentally Calls Issa Staff for Help Spinning IRS Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    relevance?

    The twit was calling a congressman for help in creating propaganda and phoned the enemy..

    who gives a rats ass who gathered the information, the mouse monkey wanted political help......that's why he called a politician..

    get it?
    iLOL
    Do you get it?
    It was the DOJ that started this ball rolling in the first place by requesting the information.
    That is and should be part of any recap laying out what is known. And it is what you failed to include.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #14
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,690
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Letter: Holder Aide Accidentally Calls Issa Staff for Help Spinning IRS Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Seriously, has there EVER been an era when those who are in power haven't used agencies like the IRS, EPA, etc., to punish or "get back," their detractors?

    Hell, even Al Capone got zapped that way.
    Al Capone was a criminal...you do understand that don't you?
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  5. #15
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Letter: Holder Aide Accidentally Calls Issa Staff for Help Spinning IRS Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    Al Capone was a criminal...you do understand that don't you?
    Most certainly.

    Point is, the IRS, FBI, EPA, and every other alphabet agency the gubberment has, has been used at one time or another, against people the gubberment, both Dem and GOP, is at odds with.

    You DO understand THAT don't you?

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  6. #16
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,690
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Letter: Holder Aide Accidentally Calls Issa Staff for Help Spinning IRS Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Most certainly.

    Point is, the IRS, FBI, EPA, and every other alphabet agency the gubberment has, has been used at one time or another, against people the gubberment, both Dem and GOP, is at odds with.

    You DO understand THAT don't you?
    I'll say this slowly....Al....Capone...was....NOT...a....politic ian.

    Now, I don't agree with the premise that because it has happened in the past, it is ok now. But, since you've made the accusation that this is common practice. I'm sure it will be easy for you to find some examples from every "era". I assume by era, you mean decade? Administration?
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  7. #17
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Letter: Holder Aide Accidentally Calls Issa Staff for Help Spinning IRS Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    I'll say this slowly....Al....Capone...was....NOT...a....politic ian.

    Now, I don't agree with the premise that because it has happened in the past, it is ok now. But, since you've made the accusation that this is common practice. I'm sure it will be easy for you to find some examples from every "era". I assume by era, you mean decade? Administration?
    So, if I understand you correctly, aside from the recent TP/IRS scandal, you do not believe that the IRS, or any other government agency, has ever been used as a political weapon by any office or party, past or present? If you truly believe that, then it is no wonder you talk slowly.

    Just sayin'.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  8. #18
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373

    Re: Letter: Holder Aide Accidentally Calls Issa Staff for Help Spinning IRS Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    The DOJ is chuck full of rats! Who are absolutely helping with this cover up.

  9. #19
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,690
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Letter: Holder Aide Accidentally Calls Issa Staff for Help Spinning IRS Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    So, if I understand you correctly, aside from the recent TP/IRS scandal, you do not believe that the IRS, or any other government agency, has ever been used as a political weapon by any office or party, past or present? If you truly believe that, then it is no wonder you talk slowly.

    Just sayin'.
    Nice try, but I never said that. I implied that it wasn't as rampant as you stated. So, give us some examples. If it is as rampant as you say it is, it shouldn't be hard to find something.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  10. #20
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Letter: Holder Aide Accidentally Calls Issa Staff for Help Spinning IRS Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    Nice try, but I never said that. I implied that it wasn't as rampant as you stated. So, give us some examples. If it is as rampant as you say it is, it shouldn't be hard to find something.
    Again, I find myself doing other people's homework. How about this. Instead, let's just say that you are right and I am wrong and that the government rarely, if ever, abuses it's power and agencies to advance their own agenda. It bothers me none if you want to believe that. No skin off my back. I feel no obligation to educate you.

    However, I would advise you to NOT Google, "Government Abuse of Power," as it may very well damage your intellectual ego.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •