Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 246

Thread: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

  1. #51
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    As a kid I watched my mom get the **** beat out of her for years by her boyfriend at the time. The fact she went ahead and married him doesn't really mean much, many codependent women in abusive relationships do the same thing. I don't know if Ray Rice has hit his wife again or not. I do know though that every man I have ever known that hit women didn't quit until they were physically unable to do it anymore. If she wanted to go ahead and marry him then that's her business. However, if they will suspend you or throw you out of the NFL for smoking a joint, then they sure as hell ought to for beating a woman.
    First, I am sorry that you had to deal with that as a child. No one should ever be a victim of abuse, particularly a child. But we both know it's a pipe dream, unfortunately. However, as a society, we can move forward and do the best we can to make things better. For instance, dd your mom and her boyfriend seek couple counselling? In the case of Ray and his wife, they did and -- according to them -- found reconciliation and inner peace. Did he ever admit guilt? In the case of Ray Rice, he did and seemed sorry for what he did. So why don't you think he deserves another chance? I get it... chances are, he'll do it again. But there's also a chance he will not. His wife has forgiven him and moved on, and at this point, I think we all should as well.*


    *Though I do think he deserves some punishment for what he did. 2 games seems light, and the NFL admitted they missed the boat. Also, the Ravens are well within their right to release him.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  2. #52
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Because a large portion of the NFL's audience is young, impressionable kids. If the NFL lets this guy off with a slap on the wrist, what message does that send to, especially, impressionable young african american males?

    This is the problem. Especially when taken in context with the recent string of "knockout game" assaults and the glorification of violence among our nation's youths, the NFL, as an entertainment provider to young people, needs to send the clear message that the kind of violent behavior seen in this video is NOT acceptable.

    Compared to hockey, baseball and basketball, football is quite stern it's punishment. However I do agree that player should go through some mandatory course to learn how to cope with fame and sudden riches.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  3. #53
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    We are trying to get back to an "Off with their heads" style society MG. People like you are gumming up the works. It is impossible that people can have issues fixed through counseling and rehabilitation.

    Until we discuss the prison system (where everyone wants to send Ray Rice), then everyone complains that our prisons are overcrowded and we should be focusing our efforts on rehabilitation.

    And around and around the wheel we go....
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I would argue that the message had already been sent, and the only outcome of the feeding frenzy by media hyenas has been to assault Mrs. Rice again. This was prurience, not public service.
    I'm not sure what you mean by prurience, but I can infer from the context that your point was to say that the NFL's suspension of Rice was reactionary and placatory given the ongoing media frenzy surrounding the released tape.

    To that, I would respond that the league's motivations and intentions are incidental, that since they actively market to youths they therefore bear a greater social responsibility than most organizations to send the right message to that audience, and, at the end of the day, whatever their intentions or motivations are, that actions speak louder than words.

    Kick Rice out of professional football and you send the message to young people, many of whom see football players as role models, that if you have dreams of becoming a professional football player, you better not be the kind of man that hits women.

  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I wonder if anyone in the news media and all those sanctimoneous busybodies who think of themselves as protectors of women talked with Janay about it before destroying her husband's career.
    I wonder how warped a CON must be in their hatred of the media to twist logic around to make the 'guilty' party in this train wreck not the man caught on tape, but rather the media for reporting it.

    Nevermind Rayray was caught on tape assaulting a woman- knocking her out- the media is responsible for ending Ray's career....

    You SERIOUSLY think 'the media' wouldn't report this? You SERIOUSLY think NO ONE would mention the video exists and what it shows? I can hear the same ranters now changing sides if the media ignored the attack...

    Let's get real....

  6. #56
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,787
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by prurience, but I can infer from the context that your point was to say that the NFL's suspension of Rice was reactionary and placatory given the ongoing media frenzy surrounding the released tape.

    To that, I would respond that the league's motivations and intentions are incidental, that since they actively market to youths they therefore bear a greater social responsibility than most organizations to send the right message to that audience, and, at the end of the day, whatever their intentions or motivations are, that actions speak louder than words.

    Kick Rice out of professional football and you send the message to young people, many of whom see football players as role models, that if you have dreams of becoming a professional football player, you better not be the kind of man that hits women.
    Ray Rice will be back in professional football. The NFL's new policy on DV sent the message you're looking for. This latest video release was all about prurient entertainment.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #57
    I am the pretty one.
    TobyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    I wonder if they're going to add this to Madden.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Compared to hockey, baseball and basketball, football is quite stern it's punishment. However I do agree that player should go through some mandatory course to learn how to cope with fame and sudden riches.
    The NFL actively markets its product to kids and youths. I think that any corporation that actively pursues this target market, and that wants to make money pushing its product to kids, bears a greater social responsibility than other companies to make sure that they're sending a positive and beneficial message to those kids.

    Quite a few kids, especially in the Baltimore area, look to Ray Rice as a role model. The NFL promotes and pushes this. Therefore, the NFL has a responsibility to send a clear message to kids everywhere that this kind of behavior is NOT acceptable and that if you have dreams of playing professional football, domestic abuse isn't going to be part of that equation.

    That's my two cents anyway.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Ray Rice will be back in professional football. The NFL's new policy on DV sent the message you're looking for. This latest video release was all about prurient entertainment.
    I don't doubt that he'll be back eventually once the media storm dies down. I don't think he'll play a snap this year, though, and I doubt that he ever plays another down for the Ravens.

    This has Michael Vick written all over it.

  10. #60
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    The NFL actively markets its product to kids and youths. I think that any corporation that actively pursues this target market, and that wants to make money pushing its product to kids, bears a greater social responsibility than other companies to make sure that they're sending a positive and beneficial message to those kids.

    Quite a few kids, especially in the Baltimore area, look to Ray Rice as a role model. The NFL promotes and pushes this. Therefore, the NFL has a responsibility to send a clear message to kids everywhere that this kind of behavior is NOT acceptable and that if you have dreams of playing professional football, domestic abuse isn't going to be part of that equation.

    That's my two cents anyway.
    If we were to scrutinize every move a professional athlete does -- for the sake of the young fans -- then there'd be about enough players left for just one team.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •