Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 246

Thread: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

  1. #41
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,296

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    Well I think if she would have died, it would have been because of the way her head hit the side of the elevator.
    You're not actually suggesting that the elevator would have been at fault?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  2. #42
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,296

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    Well thats not Ray Rice's fault either. He didn't design or engineer that space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  3. #43
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,296

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    ... Wait... you mean the assault caught on video wouldn't have destroyed his career? Lmao.
    This is some kind of comedy gold right here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  4. #44
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Janay Rice defends husband Ray Rice, rips media - Chicago Tribune



    I wonder if anyone in the news media and all those sanctimoneous busybodies who think of themselves as protectors of women talked with Janay about it before destroying her husband's career.

    Naw. They wouldn't have cared.
    Ray Rice did wrong and is paying the price. The media hyenas are doing wrong too, but they will get away with it.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I don't disagree with you here. But...

    I do have to say that I do think the media has taken this too far. One merely has to note that she did indeed marry the man that assaulted her. According to a few news sources that I have read, they did go to counselling and have ironed out their problems. While we do not know if they're being truthful, we have to take them at their word. Hopefully Rice has repented, and will never ever lay a hand on another woman ever again. So I personally do believe he should get another chance. Heck if she can forgive him, why can everyone else?
    Because a large portion of the NFL's audience is young, impressionable kids. If the NFL lets this guy off with a slap on the wrist, what message does that send to, especially, impressionable young african american males?

    This is the problem. Especially when taken in context with the recent string of "knockout game" assaults and the glorification of violence among our nation's youths, the NFL, as an entertainment provider to young people, needs to send the clear message that the kind of violent behavior seen in this video is NOT acceptable.

  6. #46
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Because a large portion of the NFL's audience is young, impressionable kids. If the NFL lets this guy off with a slap on the wrist, what message does that send to, especially, impressionable young african american males?

    This is the problem. Especially when taken in context with the recent string of "knockout game" assaults and the glorification of violence among our nation's youths, the NFL, as an entertainment provider to young people, needs to send the clear message that the kind of violent behavior seen in this video is NOT acceptable.
    Then perhaps dissemination of the video was an equally culpable misdeed.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Dude, he knocked her unconscious and dumped her body. He dumped her like a sack of garbage.

    How many times does one have to do that to prove he's dangerous?
    My comment wasn't about him being dangerous or not, but about people treating him like a repeat offender.

  8. #48
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,893

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Then perhaps dissemination of the video was an equally culpable misdeed.
    Take that up with TMZ.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Then perhaps dissemination of the video was an equally culpable misdeed.
    I don't think so. What's in the video actually occurred, and there is no sense, in my opinion, in censoring the truth. It's how we, or the NFL in this case, respond to the behavior shown in the video that sends the clearest message regarding what is or isn't acceptable.

  10. #50
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I don't think so. What's in the video actually occurred, and there is no sense, in my opinion, in censoring the truth. It's how we, or the NFL in this case, respond to the behavior shown in the video that sends the clearest message regarding what is or isn't acceptable.
    I would argue that the message had already been sent, and the only outcome of the feeding frenzy by media hyenas has been to assault Mrs. Rice again. This was prurience, not public service.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •