Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 246

Thread: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

  1. #221
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Janay Rice defends husband Ray Rice, rips media - Chicago Tribune



    I wonder if anyone in the news media and all those sanctimoneous busybodies who think of themselves as protectors of women talked with Janay about it before destroying her husband's career.

    Naw. They wouldn't have cared.
    Thank you for posting this. It's amazing how the only person who's opinion should really matter in this whole situation is the one that everyone is either ignoring, or trying to discredit. People want to go after Goddell for the light punishment, but when you have the Wife arguing to be lenient, what else was he suppose to do? And for those saying "a lot of women who are abused stick with their men", that is true in situations where there was low self-esteem involved, and it is private. In this case, all she had to do was come out, trash him, and sue his ass for everything he's worth if she wanted. And keep in mind that Ray Rice has never had history of any of this sort of thing.

  2. #222
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    No, you don't get it. You're the one saying our opinion doesn't count. She forgives him, so I'm not allowed to be upset about his behavior.
    Funny you say that, because in this situation, anyone who has had a dissenting opinion to the majority have been attacked, saying there "enabling women beating" or "anti-women". You know why your opinion doesn't matter? Because it's not your family that is affected. Everyone running around with their pitch forks pretending to be experts on this now, have not once stopped to consider what she thought.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Some people have no idea what perpetuates domestic violence. They think if the women accepts it, then it's fine. Obviously, self serving rationale.
    Case in point. Eco, I'm going to assume that you haven't talked to her, so you shouldn't go around making generalizations about someone that you clearly know nothing about. It's true that some women do hide it and back up their men, but these are women who are outside of the public eye, that have no one to turn to. That isn't the case here; for one she did swing first and that does play into it, where most of the time the women does nothing but take the beating. Don't think I'm excusing Ray Rice's reaction, I unlike everyone else believe in true equality, and that NO ONE should be allowed to hit ANYONE, no matter the sex. But more importantly, because she's in the public eye, all she had to do was turn on Ray Rice, she would be the victim, and would end up suing him for everything he's worth, and would come away with a decent chunk. She didn't do that, and that speaks volume to me. That and Ray Rice has no past history of any Domestic Abuse.

    Until either she, or someone very close to her (which she has friends, say what you will about Janay, the friends have nothing to be afraid of and would gladly spill the beans) says to the contrary, I'm going to take Janay at her word. Because she's the one that, once again, ends up being the victim.

  3. #223
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Everyone running around with their pitch forks pretending to be experts on this now, have not once stopped to consider what she thought.
    Those of us that understand the perpetuation of domestic violence are well aware of what she thinks. Those ignorant of the subject think her testimony is meaningful.

    Case in point. Eco, I'm going to assume that you haven't talked to her, so you shouldn't go around making generalizations about someone that you clearly know nothing about. It's true that some women do hide it and back up their men, but these are women who are outside of the public eye, that have no one to turn to. That isn't the case here; for one she did swing first and that does play into it, where most of the time the women does nothing but take the beating. Don't think I'm excusing Ray Rice's reaction, I unlike everyone else believe in true equality, and that NO ONE should be allowed to hit ANYONE, no matter the sex. But more importantly, because she's in the public eye, all she had to do was turn on Ray Rice, she would be the victim, and would end up suing him for everything he's worth, and would come away with a decent chunk. She didn't do that, and that speaks volume to me. That and Ray Rice has no past history of any Domestic Abuse.

    Until either she, or someone very close to her (which she has friends, say what you will about Janay, the friends have nothing to be afraid of and would gladly spill the beans) says to the contrary, I'm going to take Janay at her word. Because she's the one that, once again, ends up being the victim.
    The bolded is excusing domestic violence.

  4. #224
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Those of us that understand the perpetuation of domestic violence are well aware of what she thinks. Those ignorant of the subject think her testimony is meaningful.

    The bolded is excusing domestic violence.
    But you haven't talked to her have you? So in truth, you don't know anything about the situation, but are instead sitting on your high horse pretending to know. Like I said, she's got friends. And while there are times where the woman herself won't say anything, that doesn't stop her friends from saying something does it? Face it, your only seeing what you want to see.

  5. #225
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Funny you say that, because in this situation, anyone who has had a dissenting opinion to the majority have been attacked, saying there "enabling women beating" or "anti-women". You know why your opinion doesn't matter? Because it's not your family that is affected. Everyone running around with their pitch forks pretending to be experts on this now, have not once stopped to consider what she thought.



    Case in point. Eco, I'm going to assume that you haven't talked to her, so you shouldn't go around making generalizations about someone that you clearly know nothing about. It's true that some women do hide it and back up their men, but these are women who are outside of the public eye, that have no one to turn to. That isn't the case here; for one she did swing first and that does play into it, where most of the time the women does nothing but take the beating. Don't think I'm excusing Ray Rice's reaction, I unlike everyone else believe in true equality, and that NO ONE should be allowed to hit ANYONE, no matter the sex. But more importantly, because she's in the public eye, all she had to do was turn on Ray Rice, she would be the victim, and would end up suing him for everything he's worth, and would come away with a decent chunk. She didn't do that, and that speaks volume to me. That and Ray Rice has no past history of any Domestic Abuse.

    Until either she, or someone very close to her (which she has friends, say what you will about Janay, the friends have nothing to be afraid of and would gladly spill the beans) says to the contrary, I'm going to take Janay at her word. Because she's the one that, once again, ends up being the victim.
    Which part of this post makes it ok to punch someone out and drag them away by their feet? What part of my opinion do you take issue with? She says she forgives him. So what? Do I have to?
    Last edited by Deuce; 09-11-14 at 03:41 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #226
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    What a silly argument. Every man that hits women keeps quiet about it.
    Quite false. Men (and women) do talk openly about it and do try to seek help. There are many guys in the NFL with some history of domestic violence, and you're kidding yourself if you think it's not discussed amongst players.

    What do you think that is something that guys put on their match.com profile (Faults: "sometimes I beat women, I am working on that one…"). Do want a system in the NFL where as long as the wife or spouse that gets beat publicly forgives her spouse for it, there is no penalty? "Baby I am so sorry I did this. I don't know what came over me…. It's the stress on the field… I am so, so, so sorry, but you got to forgive me or I could get thrown out of the NFL…"

    It's minimal standard. If you want to make millions in the NFL, don't hit women.
    The rest of this is mental masturbation on your part and has nothing to do with my post. Perhaps time would be better spent educating yourself on the issue rather than posing stupid questions with no logical relation to what you're responding to.

  7. #227
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,412

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    It's a bit ironic that the NFL's efforts to cover this up and let him off lightly have really backfired and, so far, the only one paying the price is Rice and his wife. If the NFL acted properly, and looked at the tape, they could have given him a 6 or 8 game suspension and this would barely be in the news. They even could have given him the 2 games, then admitted they screwed up, and given him more.

    Now, they have killed their credibility and Rice doesn't even have a team. Just a huge screw up by all involved.
    Keep in mind that the NFL doesn't have an organization ruling over it the way Rice has/had the NFL ruling over him. Hence, the NFL's 'punishment' will take some time.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #228
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Which part of this post makes it ok to punch someone out and drag them away by their feet? What part of my opinion do you take issue with? She says she forgives him. So what? Do I have to?
    Last I checked, there wasn't an outer space potato man in that elevator with you, so I'm not sure what he needs to apologize to you for. This is a matter between two adults, and it should of stayed that way. I supported the initial suspension, if only for Goddell to send a message that domestic violence wasn't okay. All that the media has done now has managed to victimize Janay Rice for a second time.

  9. #229
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Seriously - a whore? You have no idea about their relationship and maybe she had enough and snapped, finally trying to stand up for herself only to get knocked out for the effort and put back in her place, which she now is. Maybe she isn't strong enough to leave him yet but that certainly doesn't make her a whore for not reporting it.
    Nope. Don't buy it. First of all, it isn't just that she didn't report it. It's that she didn't report it. That she sat with him and took blame for it. That she went into counseling for domestic violence because of it. That she married him. And that she's still taking blame for it.

    If that wasn't done for $10 million, I'll eat my hat.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #230
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,564

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Nope. Don't buy it. First of all, it isn't just that she didn't report it. It's that she didn't report it. That she sat with him and took blame for it. That she went into counseling for domestic violence because of it. That she married him. And that she's still taking blame for it.

    If that wasn't done for $10 million, I'll eat my hat.
    Yeah, I have a sneaking suspicion that if he was a carpenter or something, she would have been long gone after she was done pressing charges. Multimillionaire? She's getting that ring and staying for some fun. It will be interesting to see if she hangs around if he can't get back into the league.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •