Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 246

Thread: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

  1. #171
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    What is your point in telling us that all of these people are Democrats?
    Besides the fact that you've been supporting goodell all through this?

    And how is this any different from the congressional hearings on steroids?
    Spousal abuse throughout the NFL will affect the bottom line for years--and that's how these guys get fired .
    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I just stared a thread. Guess who is going after him now? Congress.
    Rep. John Conyers Jr. (Mich.), House Judiciary Committee Ranking Member
    Rep. Jerrold Nadler (N.Y.)
    Rep. Luis Gutierrez (Ill.)
    Rep. Zoe Lofgren (Calif.)
    Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (Texas)
    Rep. Cedric L. Richmond (La.)
    Rep. Henry C. "Hank" Johnson Jr. (Ga.)
    Rep. Steve Cohen (Tenn.)
    Rep. Judy Chu (Calif.)
    Rep. Karen Bass (Calif.)
    Rep. Suzan K. DelBene (Wash.)
    Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (N.Y.)

    I guess Hank Johnson is taking a break from watching Guam in anticipation of it capsizing.
    Physics is Phun

  2. #172
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Well, I'm starting to think people think that Goodell himself hit her in that elevator.
    No one thinks this quip about goodell hitting her in the elevator is funny.
    This statement alone shows how dismissive you are of domestic abuse as the problem it is .
    Physics is Phun

  3. #173
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    It has seemed to me for a while that there has been an undercurrent of media frustration with Goodell. They couldn't lay a glove on him. Now they have a chance, and they've gone full hyena.
    But you are not assuming Goodell is correct....are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #174
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Janay Rice defends husband Ray Rice, rips media - Chicago Tribune

    I wonder if anyone in the news media and all those sanctimoneous busybodies who think of themselves as protectors of women talked with Janay about it before destroying her husband's career.

    Naw. They wouldn't have cared.
    I could almost buy that B.S. if it weren't for how Rice acted after he punched her in the head. A man who wasn't accustomed to beating on women would have put his hands on his head and mimicked a, "WTF did I just doooo????" Not him. Not macho man. He drug her out of the elevator like she was a dead steer in a slaughterhouse.

    She pushed his buttons knowing full well he'd snap. That's what some women do. That's what she did. Because if she wasn't that kind of whore, she'd have had his ass thrown in jail.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #175
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    But you are not assuming Goodell is correct....are you?
    No. I am not.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #176
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    No. I am not.
    even when "his account stands"
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #177
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    even when "his account stands"
    We shall see whether it stands.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #178
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    We shall see whether it stands.
    That isn't the question, the question is

    "when you say "his account stands", you are not assuming he is correct?"
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #179
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    That isn't the question, the question is

    "when you say "his account stands", you are not assuming he is correct?"
    No, because you have not quoted the full statement.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #180
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    What is your point in telling us that all of these people are Democrats?
    Besides the fact that you've been supporting goodell all through this?

    And how is this any different from the congressional hearings on steroids?
    Spousal abuse throughout the NFL will affect the bottom line for years--and that's how these guys get fired .
    I'll post to you one last time because I feel sorry for you.

    The word "Democrat" and the letter "D" indicating a party affiliation appears nowhere in my post. I copied that list from the bottom of their letter to Roger Goodell.

    So I didn't tell anyone that they were Democrats. Your knee jerk reaction just told everyone that they were all Democrats. Congratulations.

    Have a nice evening.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •