Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 246

Thread: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    Is that a joke????? One instant is holding people accountable for their actions and being unwilling to open there business to employees that are potentially dangerous to their existing employees. The other is holding someone accountable not for their actions but for their skin color. It doesn't make your existing employees any less safe. Equating the two is absolutely asinine.
    How is he dangerous to his fellow players? Are you kidding?

  2. #132
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    How is he dangerous to his fellow players? Are you kidding?
    It just gets better and better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Are you seriously kidding me here? You know damned well I can't quote you here. But you most certainly said it. I'll paraphrase. No harm, no foul.
    No, I never said it upstairs or downstairs. We were talking about legality, not if I was fine with people doing it or not.

  4. #134
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    <snip>

    Personally...I think the Michael Vick treatment would have been in order. Charges...some jail time...some rehab...and then if a team wanted to take a chance on him, so be it.
    Blame the state of NJ for that. They charged him - indicted him - then let him plead out to participation in some "intervention" program instead of jail time because he's a first time offender. Once upon a time when I grew up in NJ, they were a lot tougher on crime.

  5. #135
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    How is he dangerous to his fellow players? Are you kidding?
    Maybe not his fellow players because they can defend themselves. What about the 22 year old trainer...the woman executive assistant...the female scout...the 70 year laundry guy...etc. etc. etc.

    Do you really believe the only employees on a professional football team and the only people on that team that players interact with are other players? Are you that ignorant? He has shown a propensity for violence and uncontrollable anger against people who cannot defend themselves. That makes a wide range of people in employ of the Baltimore Ravens that are forced to interact with the players to do their job less safe. Besides the fact that for as serious callous violent action as he committed there must be equal serious consequences.

  6. #136
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    How is it false?
    You claimed that they have the right to associate in case but not in another. When in reality, they can always associate if they want to. If they want to keep Ray Rice, they have that right. They just chose not to.

    So you're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  7. #137
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    We were talking about legality, not if I was fine with people doing it or not.
    Are you or are you not of the mind that if someone drive's drunk and no one gets hurt, then no crime was committed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Are you or are you not of the mind that if someone drive's drunk and no one gets hurt, then no crime was committed?
    Yes, I am. What of it?

  9. #139
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,635

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Liberals saying the NFL doesn't have to associate with rice makes me think of their stance on anti-discrimination laws.
    Are you kidding me? Rice is not being discriminated against - he is being denied continued employment for his personal (criminal?) actions.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #140
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    Maybe not his fellow players because they can defend themselves. What about the 22 year old trainer...the woman executive assistant...the female scout...the 70 year laundry guy...etc. etc. etc.

    Do you really believe the only employees on a professional football team and the only people on that team that players interact with are other players? Are you that ignorant? He has shown a propensity for violence and uncontrollable anger against people who cannot defend themselves. That makes a wide range of people in employ of the Baltimore Ravens that are forced to interact with the players to do their job less safe. Besides the fact that for as serious callous violent action as he committed there must be equal serious consequences.
    I agree with this.

    Shouldn't the state of NJ be held accountable for a dangerous person being let loose with no punishment whatsoever?

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •