Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 246

Thread: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

  1. #121
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    You can't be this dim, seriously.
    He thinks drunk driving is ok. That should tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  2. #122
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I believe in second chances and certainly in rehabilitation. But...that typically involves at least a little bit of time, and in the case of a criminal act...a real set of consequences. As I understand it, the state of Maryland has a shall issue charges law for any incident involving domestic violence. The victims doesnt have to file charges. If mandatory reporters become aware of the incident they must call the police and the police must file charges. The victim can even be compelled to give testimony (not really needed in this case). The law exists to protect battered spouses...people that are unable, unwilling, or just too terrified to file charges.

    I dont think the part that completely indicts Ray Rice is him knocking her out. Sure...that was horrific and that was the criminal act. But if he had in the moment collapsed on the floor, sobbed, held her, called 911, screamed for help, SOMETHING...ANYTHING that demonstrated remorse, I would be inclined to readily accept his conversion. Instead...he dragged...kinda dragged...kicked at her...dragged some more...walked away when someone else walked up...the video is very damning.

    Personally...I think the Michael Vick treatment would have been in order. Charges...some jail time...some rehab...and then if a team wanted to take a chance on him, so be it.
    Wow, I actually agree with Vance. SMH
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Clearly you know nothing about domestic violence.
    That is what is called guilt by association.

  4. #124
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Clearly you know nothing about domestic violence.
    Though I'm trying my best,
    few will recognize that Domestic Violence is the "sympton" in a vast majority of these cases where ALCOHOL is the "cause".

    It speaks to the greater need for people to watch beer commercials and then beat their wives on Super Bowl Sunday,
    THE day of the largest amount of domestic abuse cases all year .
    Physics is Phun

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    He thinks drunk driving is ok. That should tell you.
    When did I say it was ok to drive drunk?

  6. #126
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    It's funny that a business has the right to associate in one case, but not in the other.
    Bull**** statement. A business always has the right to associate. They just can't discriminate based on race sex etc. But to say they "don't have the right to associate in one case" is just flat out false.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  7. #127
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    This is really great stuff Vance.
    Kudos to you for your insight .
    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I believe in second chances and certainly in rehabilitation. But...that typically involves at least a little bit of time, and in the case of a criminal act...a real set of consequences. As I understand it, the state of Maryland has a shall issue charges law for any incident involving domestic violence. The victims doesnt have to file charges. If mandatory reporters become aware of the incident they must call the police and the police must file charges. The victim can even be compelled to give testimony (not really needed in this case). The law exists to protect battered spouses...people that are unable, unwilling, or just too terrified to file charges.

    I dont think the part that completely indicts Ray Rice is him knocking her out. Sure...that was horrific and that was the criminal act. But if he had in the moment collapsed on the floor, sobbed, held her, called 911, screamed for help, SOMETHING...ANYTHING that demonstrated remorse, I would be inclined to readily accept his conversion. Instead...he dragged...kinda dragged...kicked at her...dragged some more...walked away when someone else walked up...the video is very damning.

    Personally...I think the Michael Vick treatment would have been in order. Charges...some jail time...some rehab...and then if a team wanted to take a chance on him, so be it.
    Physics is Phun

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Bull**** statement. A business always has the right to associate. They just can't discriminate based on race sex etc. But to say they "don't have the right to associate in one case" is just flat out false.
    How is it false?

  9. #129
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    When did I say it was ok to drive drunk?
    Are you seriously kidding me here? So do share, what are your thoughts on drunk driving?
    Last edited by Top Cat; 09-10-14 at 01:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  10. #130
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yes, yes, I have heard that argument before. It's funny that a business has the right to associate in one case, but not in the other.
    Is that a joke????? One instant is holding people accountable for their actions and being unwilling to open there business to employees that are potentially dangerous to their existing employees. The other is holding someone accountable not for their actions but for their skin color. It doesn't make your existing employees any less safe. Equating the two is absolutely asinine.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •