Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 246

Thread: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    He knocked her out and dumped her like yesterday's garbage and you actually believe this is the first time he's done something like this? Oh wait, yeah she had it coming because she provoked him. I forgot you mentioned that earlier.
    What any of us believe he has done to her outside of this incident means absolutely nothing if we have no evidence to support it. From the sounds of it you know you have nothing else to hold the man accountable for, so why are you? Because you suspect he has done more to her? What is your evidence to support your suspicion?

  2. #112
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,049

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Yeah, I thought so. Her opinion doesn't count.
    When it comes to how the NFL deals with their business, it doesn't count. For anything.

    If they don't want to associate with domestic abusers, they don't have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Liberals saying the NFL doesn't have to associate with rice makes me think of their stance on anti-discrimination laws.

  4. #114
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,286

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What any of us believe he has done to her outside of this incident means absolutely nothing if we have no evidence to support it. From the sounds of it you know you have nothing else to hold the man accountable for, so why are you? Because you suspect he has done more to her? What is your evidence to support your suspicion?
    You are beyond naive if you think this is the first time he laid hands on her or someone else. Clearly his lack of remorse is indicative of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  5. #115
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I don't disagree with you here. But...

    I do have to say that I do think the media has taken this too far. One merely has to note that she did indeed marry the man that assaulted her. According to a few news sources that I have read, they did go to counselling and have ironed out their problems. While we do not know if they're being truthful, we have to take them at their word. Hopefully Rice has repented, and will never ever lay a hand on another woman ever again. So I personally do believe he should get another chance. Heck if she can forgive him, why can everyone else?
    I believe in second chances and certainly in rehabilitation. But...that typically involves at least a little bit of time, and in the case of a criminal act...a real set of consequences. As I understand it, the state of Maryland has a shall issue charges law for any incident involving domestic violence. The victims doesnt have to file charges. If mandatory reporters become aware of the incident they must call the police and the police must file charges. The victim can even be compelled to give testimony (not really needed in this case). The law exists to protect battered spouses...people that are unable, unwilling, or just too terrified to file charges.

    I dont think the part that completely indicts Ray Rice is him knocking her out. Sure...that was horrific and that was the criminal act. But if he had in the moment collapsed on the floor, sobbed, held her, called 911, screamed for help, SOMETHING...ANYTHING that demonstrated remorse, I would be inclined to readily accept his conversion. Instead...he dragged...kinda dragged...kicked at her...dragged some more...walked away when someone else walked up...the video is very damning.

    Personally...I think the Michael Vick treatment would have been in order. Charges...some jail time...some rehab...and then if a team wanted to take a chance on him, so be it.

  6. #116
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Liberals saying the NFL doesn't have to associate with rice makes me think of their stance on anti-discrimination laws.
    That is ridiculous argument to make. No one can change their skin color but everyone can decide whether or not to engage in criminal violent acts and show no remorse for them at the time they occur. Your pathetic attempt at equivalency here is preposterous.

  7. #117
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,049

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Liberals saying the NFL doesn't have to associate with rice makes me think of their stance on anti-discrimination laws.
    You can't be this dim, seriously.

    Anti-discrimination laws are put in to place to stop employers from discriminating based on race, sex, sexual orientation etc. Things that were no choice of your own and something you can't change.

    In this case we have a guy who made his own decision and chose his actions.

    So what's your clever argument? That people should be allowed to be discriminated against based on race, or that the NFL shouldn't be able to "discriminate" against players who beat their wives? Which of those sides are you making a stand for?
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    You are beyond naive if you think this is the first time he laid hands on her or someone else. Clearly his lack of remorse is indicative of that.
    Clearly you have no evidence to support your suspicion.

  9. #119
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,286

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Clearly you have no evidence to support your suspicion.
    Clearly you know nothing about domestic violence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    That is ridiculous argument to make. No one can change their skin color but everyone can decide whether or not to engage in criminal violent acts and show no remorse for them at the time they occur. Your pathetic attempt at equivalency here is preposterous.
    Yes, yes, I have heard that argument before. It's funny that a business has the right to associate in one case, but not in the other.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •