Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 246

Thread: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

  1. #101
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    After seeing Janay Rice beaten that bad in what seemed to be during pregnant stage, I thought that Ray Rice was a fighter and that NFL was a branch of UFC. So he was an American football player? Meh, perhaps he can not get a job as a security guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  2. #102
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,933

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Yeah, whip me, beat me, and I'll stand by my man.

    Someday, he'll punch her lights out, and she won't wake up ever again, by then, it'll be too late to save her.
    It's difficult to save somebody who doesn't want or isn't ready to be saved. And some women do end up dead "for the sake of the kids" and because he "really loves me" and "It ws partly my fault for provoking him."

    You know, if Rice had cold-cocked her and then not behaved so indifferently, I might feel sorry for him. But he didn't drop to the floor and bend over her in what-have-I-done mode. He didn't even try to recover her modesty. The instinct, whether it's your kid or your mother or your sweetie, is to pull down the skirt. He didn't. That callous disregard afterward has really stuck with me.

  3. #103
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I feel bad for her, really bad. That probably wasn't the first time he hit her and it probably wasn't the last. A lot of abuse victims love their abuser, and don't often see the light until after they are taken away from the situation. I hope she gets the help that she needs and gets out of that bad situation. No one deserves to be in that kind of relationship.
    Because this is so common... the abused rationalizing their abuser... should we adopt a societal response of disregarding what the abused thinks when they defend their abuser?

    I normally dislike "for their own good" policies, but in this type of scenario I'm thinking maybe it's a good idea.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,481

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    The only person who would defend Rice would be another wife beater.

    Yes, the media overplayed it but when you are on tv 24 hours you multi duplicate stories. How many times in your lifetime have you seen John Kennedy's head being blown away?

    But the point is without them this would have been swept under the rug. The guy is a piece of scum.

    Well he has 20 some million to cover his wounds but hopefully he will blow it within a couple years.

    This thread was a major fail.

  5. #105
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,194

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    I doubt that. One punch kills aren't really that feasible.
    Really? The way her head cracked the rail in the elevator on her way down she could have easily suffered serious brain injury leading to death. I had the misfortune of witnessing a man die when he was punched and knocked out and his head split open as it cracked into the sidewalk. I guess if you punch someone in a padded room or they fall into a pile of down pillows you could be right, but in the real world people die from such assaults more than you may like to think.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #106
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,303

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Really? The way her head cracked the rail in the elevator on her way down she could have easily suffered serious brain injury leading to death. I had the misfortune of witnessing a man die when he was punched and knocked out and his head split open as it cracked into the sidewalk. I guess if you punch someone in a padded room or they fall into a pile of down pillows you could be right, but in the real world people die from such assaults more than you may like to think.
    How some people can defend this act as something other than brutal, even potentially deadly force is mind boggling to me. Absolutely mind boggling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  7. #107
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,303

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Is it possible you could misconstrue my argument anymore? At the moment we know of one time Ray Rice hit his wife. That is it. We know of no other instances of him ever being abusive to his wife or for that matter any other woman he has ever been with. To treat Ray Rice as some sort of serial wife beater when there is ZERO evidence of that being the case is wrong. You don't treat a man that killed one person as a serial killer because there is no evidence of that being the case, so why are people treating Ray Rice as someone that beats his wife all the time when there is no proof of that?
    He knocked her out and dumped her like yesterday's garbage and you actually believe this is the first time he's done something like this? Oh wait, yeah she had it coming because she provoked him. I forgot you mentioned that earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  8. #108
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,303

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    One) I am not demanding anything. I am asking.
    .
    He was right, the vast majority of players lead normal lives. Do you have evidence to the contrary? Then do share please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  9. #109
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    It's difficult to save somebody who doesn't want or isn't ready to be saved. And some women do end up dead "for the sake of the kids" and because he "really loves me" and "It ws partly my fault for provoking him."

    You know, if Rice had cold-cocked her and then not behaved so indifferently, I might feel sorry for him. But he didn't drop to the floor and bend over her in what-have-I-done mode. He didn't even try to recover her modesty. The instinct, whether it's your kid or your mother or your sweetie, is to pull down the skirt. He didn't. That callous disregard afterward has really stuck with me.
    If it were me in her situation, I'd find it very hard to trust him, even with my children.

  10. #110
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Ray Rice's Wife, Janay, Defends Him and Rips Media In Statment

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    If we were to scrutinize every move a professional athlete does -- for the sake of the young fans -- then there'd be about enough players left for just one team.
    Who is talking about every move???? He gave his fiance a left hook that knocked her out. He then stood over her unconscious body and yelled something at her. He then drug her unconscious body out of the elevator onto the floor like she was nothing but bag of trash. He made no effort to help revive her or get help for her. This is not like throwing a drink on someone in a bar. This isn't like getting in a fight with another adult male because you had too much to drink. You need to get some perspective here. This was an extremely violent act against someone who could not defend themselves. This violent act was followed by an extreme indifference to the consequences of that violent act. I don't care if his victim still loves him and forgives him. I am happy that sought counseling but it doesn't mitigate his actions at the time. It doesn't matter that he now shows remorse as he showed no remorse at the time. There must be consequences and serious consequences for this type of callous violence. He is now experiencing the type of serious consequences as result of deserved societal outrage.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •