Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 84

Thread: The coming 'tsunami of debt' and financial crisis in America

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:00 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,653

    Re: The coming 'tsunami of debt' and financial crisis in America

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Absolute lie.

    The total amount of infrastructure spending in the ARRA was $111B, and it along with the rest of the TAX CUTS, State/Local fiscal relief, et al, had a multiplier greater than 1 making it successful. It was not large enough nor sustained long enough to turn around a $15TRILLION economy.
    [/QUOTE]



    not a lie the total funding was 700B they spent about half of it. the majority of that was suppose to go to shovel ready projects that weren't shovel ready.
    the ones that supposedly were they spent millions of dollars per job that once the job was done the people were fired if the project got off the ground at all.

    It had nothing to do with being large enough as it did the states got the money and sured up their lack of funding with the money. IE the money wasn't used for the projects.

    The Reason That Shovel Ready Stimulus Didn't Work Is That There Wasn't Any Stimulus - Forbes

    The fact still remains that we did the whole infrastructure non-sense will make jobs non-sense it was a failure.

    the reason the so called stimulus didn't work is because of this right here.
    Ron Hart: Where did the stimulus money go? - The Orange County Register

    Where did stimulus money really go? | Fox News

    the stimulus didn't do anything because it was a huge payoff to obama lackies.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: The coming 'tsunami of debt' and financial crisis in America

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    WI seems to be doing fairly well.

    KS problems are elsewhere rather than tax cuts from brownback. the fact is there is still nothing in KS that makes businesses want to move there.
    kansas city and wichita is about it.

    it is mostly a farming state and there are other places that got the jump on them before mostly TX.

    they can turn it around but it is going to take some work to get companies to move there.

    "Wisconsin Forecasted to Lag Further Behind Minnesota
    8 Replies

    And Kansas travels its own path

    Bruce Bartlett brings my attention to this article noting Minnesota’s economic performance. This reminded me to check on the Philadelphia Fed’s forecast for the next six months, released earlier today. What’s interesting to me is the fact the cumulative growth gap between Minnesota and Wisconsin (relative to 2011M01) is forecasted to grow — rather than shrink — over the next six months.



    For those who argue that because Minnesota fell further during the Great Recession so it should be growing faster than Wisconsin — well that’s just plain wrong (not that I believed in that particular snapback argument). Wisconsin fell 8.3% from 2007M12 to trough, while Minnesota fell 5.0% (both in log terms).



    The cumulative growth gap between Kansas and the Nation is also forecasted to rise, from the current gap of 2.7%, to 3.2%, in just the next six months. The forecast from a simple ARIMA(1,1,1) estimated over the 1986M01-2014M07 period yields the same conclusion: the gap will widen.

    Wisconsin Forecasted to Lag Further Behind Minnesota | Econbrowser
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: The coming 'tsunami of debt' and financial crisis in America

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    not a lie the total funding was 700B they spent about half of it. the majority of that was suppose to go to shovel ready projects that weren't shovel ready.
    Absolute lie.

    The total amount of infrastructure spending in the ARRA was $111B, and it along with the rest of the TAX CUTS, State/Local fiscal relief, et al, had a multiplier greater than 1 making it successful. It was not large enough nor sustained long enough to turn around a $15TRILLION economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:00 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,653

    Re: The coming 'tsunami of debt' and financial crisis in America

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Absolute lie.

    The total amount of infrastructure spending in the ARRA was $111B, and it along with the rest of the TAX CUTS, State/Local fiscal relief, et al, had a multiplier greater than 1 making it successful. It was not large enough nor sustained long enough to turn around a $15TRILLION economy.
    way to ignore everything i posted that says you are wrong but that is all i expect out of you. it pretty much sums up your posts.
    i posted at least 3 or 4 links that showed you where the money went.

    congrats to continue to stick to the liberal lie.

    so the only false thing here is your post.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: The coming 'tsunami of debt' and financial crisis in America

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    actually they spent 700 billion on at least half of 700b on so called shovel ready jobs that were anything but shovel ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    not a lie the total funding was 700B they spent about half of it. the majority of that was suppose to go to shovel ready projects that weren't shovel ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    way to ignore everything i posted
    Breakdown of Funding
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:00 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,653

    Re: The coming 'tsunami of debt' and financial crisis in America

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    LOL

    try postign something that actually is non propaganda. i gave you at least 3 or 4 sources.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: The coming 'tsunami of debt' and financial crisis in America

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    LOL

    try postign (sic) something that actually is non propaganda.
    Oh well, if you are going full conspiracy on me, this is pointless.

    i gave you at least 3 or 4 sources.
    Yeah....

    Ron Hart, a libertarian syndicated op-ed humorist

    Gun researcher John Lott

    Sigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #48
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    4,881

    Re: The coming 'tsunami of debt' and financial crisis in America

    The only way that spending Tax Dollars in Stimulus Programs to build Infrastructure does anything other than run up huge national debt, while lining the pockets of Select Progressive-Fascists and Corporate Cronnie CEOs, ...

    The only way it PAYs as a Nation, is to follow up by making that new Infrastructure WORK for the Nation, in the Civilian production of Industrial and Agricultural Wealth.

    If the road doesn't help workers for a commercial factory get to work, or the trucks to bring in raw materials and carry away goods, it is all a complete waste.

    It might solve a very short term unemployment problem, but it doesn't address the long range American Fiscal problems.

    It is the Taxes paid on the production of commercial Industrial and Agricultural production that actually make the investment in infrastructure pay off.

    But everything ELSE the Obama Administration has been doing, has been driving Industry and Research from our shores, to China and elsewhere.






    Its kinda like getting a Bank Loan to go build a really nice shooting range, and saying that you've solved the problem of people littering by shooting tin cans in outskirts vacant lands.

    What good does it do to have a shinny new shooting range, if the other half of your government is going house to house searching and seizing firearms?

    If your fundamental outlook is that guns-are-bad, your never going to solve any gun related problem, you're only going to waste resources and limit freedoms.




    The American Lefties start with the outlook that all Industry, Mining, and Agriculture is BAD, and they alone are wise enough to see this, making them morally superior, and deserving to be in charge by ANY means needed. Entrapment, Voter Fraud, Bribes, Corp Cronnieism, Abuse of Official Power (IRS), Embracing Radical Violent Religions, ANY Means!

    Additionally, it means, in their minds, that they and their cohort deserve a free living, to be paid by the "EVIL" producers. Where the money for their free living is supposed to come from, when they've destroyed all of the Producers, I've never understood.

    Perhaps a good portion of the American Left isn't really American at all, but rather a Propaganda Arm of China.

    The reason that China is winning, everything!, is that they are much more practical Lefties who have totally embraced Industrial Wealth Production, while maintaining the labor force advantage of a brutal, totalitarian, communist slave labor State!

    -
    Last edited by Kurmugeon; 09-11-14 at 08:10 AM.

  9. #49
    Sage


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,333

    Re: The coming 'tsunami of debt' and financial crisis in America

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    That was supposed to get started almost six years ago. Another failed Obama promise. The money was thrown away on other broken toys.
    What hogwash. The stimulus of 2009 and 2010 was $788 billion, spread out over two years. It provided aid to states to retain teaches and police; infrastructure programs and 40% went to tax-cuts.

    Your thesis that this stimulus was I tended to fix all broken infrastructure in the nation is sadly misguided.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  10. #50
    Sage


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,333

    Re: The coming 'tsunami of debt' and financial crisis in America

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurmugeon View Post
    The only way that spending Tax Dollars in Stimulus Programs to build Infrastructure does anything other than run up huge national debt, while lining the pockets of Select Progressive-Fascists and Corporate Cronnie CEOs, ...

    The only way it PAYs as a Nation, is to follow up by making that new Infrastructure WORK for the Nation, in the Civilian production of Industrial and Agricultural Wealth.

    If the road doesn't help workers for a commercial factory get to work, or the trucks to bring in raw materials and carry away goods, it is all a complete waste.

    It might solve a very short term unemployment problem, but it doesn't address the long range American Fiscal problems.

    It is the Taxes paid on the production of commercial Industrial and Agricultural production that actually make the investment in infrastructure pay off.

    But everything ELSE the Obama Administration has been doing, has been driving Industry and Research from our shores, to China and elsewhere.






    Its kinda like getting a Bank Loan to go build a really nice shooting range, and saying that you've solved the problem of people littering by shooting tin cans in outskirts vacant lands.

    What good does it do to have a shinny new shooting range, if the other half of your government is going house to house searching and seizing firearms?

    If your fundamental outlook is that guns-are-bad, your never going to solve any gun related problem, you're only going to waste resources and limit freedoms.

    -
    You post is pretty much contrary to macro economics. When the economy is weak from too little demand, it is not only appropriate for government to use fiscal stimulus to boost demand but it is advisable. When these conditions exist, even the Broken Window Fallacy is not a fallacy.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •