Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 149

Thread: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

  1. #71
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,571

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    This how it should be... Girls come in for a license, have on a little make up, no issue. Too much make up, get cleaned up or no photo. Men with no make up, no problem, men with light make up, maybe a strange look, but okay. Men made up like a girl, get lost until you clean up.

    And the most important part, show up in court with a complaint because you showed up for a photo ID with too much make up, get thrown out of there too.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  2. #72
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    That's his problem The state wants to see what you actually look like before issuing a license.
    That is what he looks like FFS. He made his lips slightly more red and put some color on his cheeks. You could still very easily tell who the kid is. He wasn't disguised in any manner.

    My guess is that you hate transgender people more than government, is that it? Because in any other thread you'd be bitching about the government telling people what to do. But not in this one case. Conservative my happy ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  3. #73
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    That is what he looks like FFS. He made his lips slightly more red and put some color on his cheeks. You could still very easily tell who the kid is. He wasn't disguised in any manner.

    My guess is that you hate transgender people more than government, is that it? Because in any other thread you'd be bitching about the government telling people what to do. But not in this one case. Conservative my happy ass.
    I think people should have proper IDs for security and voting purposes, regardless of how happy your ass is.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  4. #74
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I think people should have proper IDs for security and voting purposes, regardless of how happy your ass is.
    In what way is his ID not proper because his lips are slightly more red and his skin is smoother?

    Is a womans ID not proper if she is wearing a wig or extensions in her photo ID? or how about if you have a spray tan?
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  5. #75
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    In what way is his ID not proper because his lips are slightly more red and his skin is smoother?

    Is a womans ID not proper if she is wearing a wig or extensions in her photo ID? or how about if you have a spray tan?
    IMO he's hiding his true gender. Will it say 'male' on his ID?

    If so he needs to present himself as a male for the picture. If he want's to be a woman, go through the change and go to court to get your name changed.

    Again,I have no sympathy for weirdness.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  6. #76
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    We used to call this impersonating a female. Until he gets his wee wee loped off gets fake tits and takes hormones HE needs to be IDed for what he is.. A male.
    I'm sure he would also want to shower with the girls after gym class also so I guess we should allow that to?? Because we sure don't want his feelings hurt or for him to be offended, screw how others feel about it? I'm sure he will sue Hooters in the future because he has every right to be a Hooters girl also.
    None of which has anything to do with what I said, but hey...don't let that keep you from ranting.

    Personally, I prefer to let people run their own lives without the government telling them what to do but that's just me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #77
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    IMO he's hiding his true gender. Will it say 'male' on his ID?

    If so he needs to present himself as a male for the picture. If he want's to be a woman, go through the change and go to court to get your name changed.

    Again,I have no sympathy for weirdness.
    Maybe he wants to be a man that wears makeup. What is it to you?

    If he wears makeup in an everyday capacity, his ID should reflect what he looks like on a regular basis. Otherwise it's a ****ty ID.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #78
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,434

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    I was at the NC DMV once when they made a woman go into the bathroom and remove her make-up (which looked like it was put on by spray paint) and to remove her wig before they would take her picture. In that context, I don't see a problem with it. The state of SC said they did this for the same reason when I read about this a couple days ago. I will give them the benefit of the doubt on this one, and not jump to a conclusion that this is some right wing religious thing or some anti-LGBT thing... unless evidence, real evidence, comes to light saying otherwise. At first, when I read the beginning of the article I read, they made it sound like it was some anti-LGBT thing, but buried way down in the article was the law that required the DMV to do it, so I took a second look and came to the new conclusion this is being fussed about simply because it IS in the state of SC, a red state, not because of what they did for the reason they did it... the law, which to me, makes sense. When you go to the DMV, you're not going to Glamor Shots to get a portrait taken.
    I don't believe there is insidious intent on the part of the state, but I do think it is poorly thought out and self-defeating. If an ID is supposed to help identify a person, and said person routinely changes their appearance, then having a photo that doesn't show the person how they are most likely to look in their day-to-day life is virtually worthless.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #79
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,030

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    IMO he's hiding his true gender. Will it say 'male' on his ID?

    If so he needs to present himself as a male for the picture. If he want's to be a woman, go through the change and go to court to get your name changed.

    Again,I have no sympathy for weirdness.
    Makeup is not an indicator of gender, either the presence or absence of.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #80
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,030

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    We used to call this impersonating a female. Until he gets his wee wee loped off gets fake tits and takes hormones HE needs to be IDed for what he is.. A male.
    I'm sure he would also want to shower with the girls after gym class also so I guess we should allow that to?? Because we sure don't want his feelings hurt or for him to be offended, screw how others feel about it? I'm sure he will sue Hooters in the future because he has every right to be a Hooters girl also.
    So then this means that you're trying to say that men/boys can't wear makeup. Can you please show me that law? In fact, I bet that he wouldn't even be turned away from airport security wearing what he had on, makeup and all to get his ID picture taken, which proves that he is not wearing any sort of disguise and this whole issue is nothing more than people who want to maintain archaic gender stereotypes.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •