Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 149

Thread: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

  1. #111
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,247

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Oh hell. make everyone remove makeup and show up with their natural haircolor.

    Seriously, if this is how he normally presents himself. I have no issue.

  2. #112
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,161

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No, your argument is based on bias. Unless women/girls are required to remove their makeup as well, which can be used to hide some of their features, then a boy wearing makeup or dressing like a girl is not a legitimate disguise. Notice they didn't make him change his hairstyle, which is very feminine or change his clothing or accessories, which too were very feminine, proving that it was gender discrimination based on the clerk's feelings alone about a boy wearing makeup that led to him being asked to remove it, not the belief that he was trying to "disguise" himself as a girl.
    Regardless, it's their call and driving is a privilege.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  3. #113
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Regardless, it's their call and driving is a privilege.
    No, it simply is not "their call", not totally. They have to show that it was because he was trying to "disguise" himself rather than just because he is a guy wearing makeup and dressed like a woman. He has a right to wear the clothes and accessories that they allow women to wear for their ID photo, otherwise it is gender discrimination.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #114
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Regardless, it's their call and driving is a privilege.
    ...which is completely irrelevant to the discussion. No one questions that it is their call. The question here is... Should they make that call?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #115
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,161

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No, it simply is not "their call", not totally. They have to show that it was because he was trying to "disguise" himself rather than just because he is a guy wearing makeup and dressed like a woman. He has a right to wear the clothes and accessories that they allow women to wear for their ID photo, otherwise it is gender discrimination.
    What gender would that be?
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  6. #116
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,161

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    ...which is completely irrelevant to the discussion. No one questions that it is their call. The question here is... Should they make that call?
    This might be a good case from a blood draw and DNA recording. If he wants to play this "guess' my gender" BS, other means of identification should be necessary.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  7. #117
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    What gender would that be?
    The government cannot treat the genders differently without showing an important state interest involved. Since it is not illegal for a man to ever wear makeup, then it cannot be said that any "male" that wears makeup or even dresses or acts like a woman is disguising himself just because others want to hold onto gender stereotypes. Gender stereotyping in no way furthers an important state interest.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #118
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    This might be a good case from a blood draw and DNA recording. If he wants to play this "guess' my gender" BS, other means of identification should be necessary.
    Show me the law that says he can't wear makeup or dress like a woman because of his DNA or even his sex being "male".
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #119
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,161

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    The government cannot treat the genders differently without showing an important state interest involved. Since it is not illegal for a man to ever wear makeup, then it cannot be said that any "male" that wears makeup or even dresses or acts like a woman is disguising himself just because others want to hold onto gender stereotypes. Gender stereotyping in no way furthers an important state interest.
    That state interest would be....security and integrity of the system. It's not difficult.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  10. #120
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    That state interest would be....security and integrity of the system. It's not difficult.
    Not good enough since there is no laws that prevent a man from wearing makeup or dressing like a woman so it clearly is not a disguise just for a guy to wear makeup. That is an excuse.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •