Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 149

Thread: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

  1. #101
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    a person does not have a right to a license to drive.....he may have a privilege of government, by equality under the law.

    however equality under does not guarantee a person such a privilege, if that person does not conform to certain regulation's for receiving the privilege..
    True, but... just because you can enact a rule/law does not automatically make said rule/law reasonable and rational, and people do have the right to complain about it and seek to change it.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #102
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,042

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    My first Wife and I lived next door to 5 guys that wanted to be women and prostituted themselves in hopes of finding the sugar daddy who would make it so.

    Don't tell me about abnormal.
    And they business man who lived down the street from me was arrested for molesting children. Therefor all businessmen are child molesters.

    I swear, I couldn't make worse arguments than you if I tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  3. #103
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    True, but... just because you can enact a rule/law does not automatically make said rule/law reasonable and rational, and people do have the right to complain about it and seek to change it.
    very true.

    one of the problems in America today is the understanding of rights......

    rights per the constitution are natural rights....

    privileges per the constitution have been renamed civil rights/legal rights...and people associated the word right, as something which cannot be taken away.

    since government dispenses privileges they can take them away if the person does not conform to the law, to get the privilege.

  4. #104
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,042

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I've had enough of your insults.
    Don't blame the messenger. It's your fault for making terrible arguments. Not mine.

    The best thing about this thread is how much you've been judging this kid and other people like him and then you have a quote from Jesus in your signature. I think he said something about judging others. I would ask you but I doubt you've read beyond your one quote...
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  5. #105
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    a person does not have a right to a license to drive.....he may have a privilege of government, by equality under the law.

    however equality under does not guarantee a person such a privilege, if that person does not conform to certain regulation's for receiving the privilege..
    Equality guarantees a person must be treated equally to everyone else up to the point where the state can show that a specific restriction furthers (in this case) an important state interest. This is why a DMV cannot have different testing rules for different "types" of people based on sex, religion, race, nationality, or any other protected (or really in general) classification. 14th Amendment, Equal Protection Clause.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #106
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    My first Wife and I lived next door to 5 guys that wanted to be women and prostituted themselves in hopes of finding the sugar daddy who would make it so.

    Don't tell me about abnormal.
    Has absolutely nothing to do with this case. Plenty of things are abnormal. I consider myself abnormal and I have no issues with being transgendered (I am a bit gender nonconforming, but only in certain aspects of my life/behavior, not a lot and not all the time).
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #107
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Equality guarantees a person must be treated equally to everyone else up to the point where the state can show that a specific restriction furthers (in this case) an important state interest. This is why a DMV cannot have different testing rules for different "types" of people based on sex, religion, race, nationality, or any other protected (or really in general) classification. 14th Amendment, Equal Protection Clause.

    I will agree ,however if the person, and I am not saying this person... were to do things which change their looks to a good degree, I believe the state could revoke the privilege,

  8. #108
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    I will agree ,however if the person, and I am not saying this person... were to do things which change their looks to a good degree, I believe the state could revoke the privilege,
    I have no issue with that so long as it is applied equally to all. But I also think there should have to be proof that the person intentionally changed their looks and intentionally failed to get their license changed. It should not be simply "well he dressed like a girl today and is dressed like a guy now. The clothes do not make the person who they are, even their sex/gender.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #109
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,146

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Don't blame the messenger. It's your fault for making terrible arguments. Not mine.

    The best thing about this thread is how much you've been judging this kid and other people like him and then you have a quote from Jesus in your signature. I think he said something about judging others. I would ask you but I doubt you've read beyond your one quote...
    My argument was made on logic while yours was based on feelings and emotion.

    Shove your insinuations.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  10. #110
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    My argument was made on logic while yours was based on feelings and emotion.

    Shove your insinuations.
    No, your argument is based on bias. Unless women/girls are required to remove their makeup as well, which can be used to hide some of their features, then a boy wearing makeup or dressing like a girl is not a legitimate disguise. Notice they didn't make him change his hairstyle, which is very feminine or change his clothing or accessories, which too were very feminine, proving that it was gender discrimination based on the clerk's feelings alone about a boy wearing makeup that led to him being asked to remove it, not the belief that he was trying to "disguise" himself as a girl.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •