Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Al Qaeda Opens Branch in Indian Subcontinent

  1. #21
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Al Qaeda Opens Branch in Indian Subcontinent

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Except that Bush Junior corrected himself.....then explained that out with the War on Terror and it would not be like any other war we fought. Then explained that he knew Americans were War weary. But this was a War we cannot lose. That we must stay vigilant no matter how long the time.

    He also mention Americans may not want the fight and the war to be over.....doesn't mean our enemy does.

    In which he was correct and as our Enemy has shown.
    Wtf. GWBush specifically declared that al Qaeda was decimated, and "not a problem any more"! And that was six months into the Iraq war. Are you blind to your partisan bull****. Both of these presidents have been full of ****. But in your typical partisan crap. Bush gets excused for saying the same thing that Obama gets roasted for. Jeeeesus dude. How will we ever fix ANYTHING when partisans are on the loose.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #22
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Al Qaeda Opens Branch in Indian Subcontinent

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    That's precisely what I did, remember, you injected yourself, admitted my point was "excellent" and then in order to still find some way to criticise Obama, threw out your silly, and unprovable assertion that Obama bull****s more than Bush did. Which serves to prove my point, as with the op poster, you too are a mere partisan! What an asinine comment. The intent of the op in this thread is irrelevant!! Lol.
    Improvable? Hardly. Youtube has tons of it. I've posted a list of lies this administration has made - totally provable. News flash: everyone's partisan, and I've never claimed I was not partisan especially about Obama. In fact, I've been a very harsh critic BECAUSE of the amount and variety of lies by this administration. Again, complain about the intent of this OP to someone else....
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #23
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Al Qaeda Opens Branch in Indian Subcontinent

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Improvable? Hardly. Youtube has tons of it. I've posted a list of lies this administration has made - totally provable. News flash: everyone's partisan, and I've never claimed I was not partisan especially about Obama. In fact, I've been a very harsh critic BECAUSE of the amount and variety of lies by this administration. Again, complain about the intent of this OP to someone else....
    Your news flash flopped. Most people are partisan. But not everybody.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #24
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Al Qaeda Opens Branch in Indian Subcontinent

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Your news flash flopped. Most people are partisan. But not everybody.
    Everybody is. Tell me one person in history who was not partisan about something.... and be prepared to back it up please.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Al Qaeda Opens Branch in Indian Subcontinent

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Wtf. GWBush specifically declared that al Qaeda was decimated, and "not a problem any more"! And that was six months into the Iraq war. Are you blind to your partisan bull****. Both of these presidents have been full of ****. But in your typical partisan crap. Bush gets excused for saying the same thing that Obama gets roasted for. Jeeeesus dude. How will we ever fix ANYTHING when partisans are on the loose.


    Here let me help you with this Monte.....as it just doesn't play out the way you describe with Junior. Now here is the Truth of the matter and it takes you straight to Junior's Speech. Note the date and how many years in to Juniors term.

    Bush Warns Of Enduring Terror Threat
    By Michael A. Fletcher
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Wednesday, September 6, 2006

    President Bush issued a stern warning yesterday about what he called the continuing terrorist threat confronting the nation, using the haunting words of Islamic extremists to support his assertion that they remain determined to attack the United States. Abandoning his practice of only rarely mentioning al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, Bush repeatedly quoted him and purported terrorist letters, recordings and documents to make his case that terrorists have broad totalitarian ambitions and believe the war in Iraq is a key theater in a wider struggle. "Iraq is not a distraction in their war against America" but the "central battlefield where this war will be decided," Bush said in an address before the Military Officers Association of America. In his speech, Bush said terrorist leaders' statements have made plain their goals, which he called the present-day equivalent of the "evil" aims of Vladimir Lenin and Adolf Hitler. "Bin Laden and his terrorist allies have made their intentions as clear as Lenin and Hitler before them. The question is: Will we listen? Will we pay attention to what these evil men say?" Bush said, adding that "we're taking the words of the enemy seriously."

    Meanwhile, the bipartisan Center for Strategic and International Studies issued a report saying that although the Bush administration has deprived al-Qaeda of sanctuary in Afghanistan and has prevented more attacks on U.S. soil in the past five years, it has not tracked down bin Laden or created "enduring security in Afghanistan." Moreover, the report said, the administration's attempts at public diplomacy are "undermined by perceived U.S. unilateralism." "What is missing from the . . . public discussion of all of this is some explanation of the phenomenon of radicalized Islam," said Daniel Benjamin, a senior fellow at CSIS and former Clinton administration official. "Why are there so many people out there who want to kill Americans and so many Westerners? Why is this such a durable phenomenon?" ....snip~

    Bush Warns Of Enduring Terror Threat

    BO peep said the War to Fight was Afghanistan. The War he lost. Not Iraq? Can you now See why BO clearly got it wrong and always had it wrong? What has happened with Iraq? Who did Bush say was with Bin Laden? Who knew about ISIL in Iraq? Who disregarded them and said they just need to be managed. Now says they need to be destroyed?

    Yes how do we fix anything.....when there are those out there that will do anything to alter the truth. Notice what Reid and Kerry and the Demos said Monte. Note what their Big mouths stated. Now see how much they show themselves as the fools they really are, and always have been with all they have said and state these days.

    Oh, and did BO deprive AQ a sanctuary in Iraq? What about Afghanistan?
    Last edited by MMC; 09-06-14 at 03:55 PM.

  6. #26
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Al Qaeda Opens Branch in Indian Subcontinent

    Quote Originally Posted by Visbek View Post
    They announced a branch? Are they like a bank, with tellers and everything?

    Seriously, all it takes is 10 guys and an Internet connection, and AQ can say it has a "branch." Issuing a communiqués is not a show of strength.

    Or perhaps you're suggesting that if someone else was President, we would be invading Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nigeria, Syria and a dozen other nations to try and kill every single person in the world who identifies as AQ....?
    I have little doubt that this is exactly what president John McCain would be doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Except that Bush Junior corrected himself.....then explained that out with the War on Terror and it would not be like any other war we fought. Then explained that he knew Americans were War weary. But this was a War we cannot lose. That we must stay vigilant no matter how long the time.

    He also mention Americans may not want the fight and the war to be over.....doesn't mean our enemy does.

    In which he was correct and as our Enemy has shown.
    Yeah, it's different because it's not a real war. It's not against a tangible enemy. It's against an ideology. And that's an unwinnable war. It's a war against anyone we don't like in the Middle East. Guess what, that's never going to go away. And we keep creating more enemies with our violence. The only way to win this war is not to fight it. We were supposed to "stay vigilant", basically forever, to allow our rights to be stripped away in the name of security, and to keep us afraid and thus complacent. The war on terror is literally the fake perpetual war from 1984.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Al Qaeda Opens Branch in Indian Subcontinent

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    I have little doubt that this is exactly what president John McCain would be doing.



    Yeah, it's different because it's not a real war. It's not against a tangible enemy. It's against an ideology. And that's an unwinnable war. It's a war against anyone we don't like in the Middle East. Guess what, that's never going to go away. And we keep creating more enemies with our violence. The only way to win this war is not to fight it. We were supposed to "stay vigilant", basically forever, to allow our rights to be stripped away in the name of security, and to keep us afraid and thus complacent. The war on terror is literally the fake perpetual war from 1984.

    Seems it was a bit more specific and accounted for AQ as being an Ideology. Which lets not forget Junior did say, it wasn't just our problem alone. Meaning the US.

    The president's remarks came hours after the White House released its updated plan for combating terrorism. The document describes many successes in the war on terrorism, but warns that the nation faces an evolving threat from small terrorist networks and al-Qaeda, which is as much an ideology as a terrorist network. The document calls the administration's policy of spreading freedom and democracy the best means of countering that threat over the long haul. "America is safer, but we are not yet safe," the document concludes.

    In his speech at the Capital Hilton in Washington, Bush said the threat posed by al-Qaeda and other Sunni Muslim "extremists" is no different from that posed by Shiite Muslim "extremists," who he said include the leaders of Iran and the group Hezbollah. He quoted Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as having said that if the United States wants to have good relations with Iran, it must "bow down before the greatness of the Iranian nation and surrender. If you don't accept to do this, the Iranian nation will force you to surrender and bow down." "America will not bow down to tyrants," Bush added to loud applause from the audience. .....snip~

    Bush Warns Of Enduring Terror Threat

  8. #28
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Al Qaeda Opens Branch in Indian Subcontinent

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Everybody is. Tell me one person in history who was not partisan about something.... and be prepared to back it up please.
    On this political forum, I use the terms first definition, which is loyalty to a party, of which I, but not only me, am not.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #29
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Al Qaeda Opens Branch in Indian Subcontinent

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Here let me help you with this Monte.....as it just doesn't play out the way you describe with Junior. Now here is the Truth of the matter and it takes you straight to Junior's Speech. Note the date and how many years in to Juniors term.

    Bush Warns Of Enduring Terror Threat
    By Michael A. Fletcher
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Wednesday, September 6, 2006

    President Bush issued a stern warning yesterday about what he called the continuing terrorist threat confronting the nation, using the haunting words of Islamic extremists to support his assertion that they remain determined to attack the United States. Abandoning his practice of only rarely mentioning al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, Bush repeatedly quoted him and purported terrorist letters, recordings and documents to make his case that terrorists have broad totalitarian ambitions and believe the war in Iraq is a key theater in a wider struggle. "Iraq is not a distraction in their war against America" but the "central battlefield where this war will be decided," Bush said in an address before the Military Officers Association of America. In his speech, Bush said terrorist leaders' statements have made plain their goals, which he called the present-day equivalent of the "evil" aims of Vladimir Lenin and Adolf Hitler. "Bin Laden and his terrorist allies have made their intentions as clear as Lenin and Hitler before them. The question is: Will we listen? Will we pay attention to what these evil men say?" Bush said, adding that "we're taking the words of the enemy seriously."

    Meanwhile, the bipartisan Center for Strategic and International Studies issued a report saying that although the Bush administration has deprived al-Qaeda of sanctuary in Afghanistan and has prevented more attacks on U.S. soil in the past five years, it has not tracked down bin Laden or created "enduring security in Afghanistan." Moreover, the report said, the administration's attempts at public diplomacy are "undermined by perceived U.S. unilateralism." "What is missing from the . . . public discussion of all of this is some explanation of the phenomenon of radicalized Islam," said Daniel Benjamin, a senior fellow at CSIS and former Clinton administration official. "Why are there so many people out there who want to kill Americans and so many Westerners? Why is this such a durable phenomenon?" ....snip~

    Bush Warns Of Enduring Terror Threat

    BO peep said the War to Fight was Afghanistan. The War he lost. Not Iraq? Can you now See why BO clearly got it wrong and always had it wrong? What has happened with Iraq? Who did Bush say was with Bin Laden? Who knew about ISIL in Iraq? Who disregarded them and said they just need to be managed. Now says they need to be destroyed?

    Yes how do we fix anything.....when there are those out there that will do anything to alter the truth. Notice what Reid and Kerry and the Demos said Monte. Note what their Big mouths stated. Now see how much they show themselves as the fools they really are, and always have been with all they have said and state these days.

    Oh, and did BO deprive AQ a sanctuary in Iraq? What about Afghanistan?
    I do not understand why you keep presenting Obama's failures in the Middle East as though I'm a supporter of his. I realise however that you partisans have difficulty comprehending that somebody could actually be critical of both Bush and Obama. Obama has been totally destructive in the ME, and SO WAS BUSH. Here, let me help you out a little. Just two months into the Iraq war, that dumb ass Bush was saying this,

    Bush, May 5, 2003: Al Qaeda is on the run. That group of terrorists who attacked our country is slowly, but surely being decimated. Right now, about half of all the top al Qaeda operatives are either jailed or dead. In either case, they’re not a problem anymore.

    These Photos Show The Physical Toll Of Being President Of The United States
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Al Qaeda Opens Branch in Indian Subcontinent

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I do not understand why you keep presenting Obama's failures in the Middle East as though I'm a supporter of his. I realise however that you partisans have difficulty comprehending that somebody could actually be critical of both Bush and Obama. Obama has been totally destructive in the ME, and SO WAS BUSH. Here, let me help you out a little. Just two months into the Iraq war, that dumb ass Bush was saying this,

    Bush, May 5, 2003: Al Qaeda is on the run. That group of terrorists who attacked our country is slowly, but surely being decimated. Right now, about half of all the top al Qaeda operatives are either jailed or dead. In either case, they’re not a problem anymore.

    These Photos Show The Physical Toll Of Being President Of The United States


    Monte all Politics is partisan. Unless it is agreed upon. Yes and that's why I told you to note the date and to Bush Junior's correction on the matter. Which you completely denied it ever happened. But there it is in Black and White and with his Speech to top it off. Also with the Bi partisan Center for Strategic and International Studies. So it is validated that Bush Corrected himself from 2003 and did so in 2006. There is no getting around that fact.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •