Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 261

Thread: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

  1. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    No I didn't think Lollie was armed. I understand what you are saying. The difference is when I was young, in a situation like this, it is unlikely this would have happened. It's not that the cops didn't have the right or the ability to detain, beat or arrest anyone, it's because the police didn't always treat people like this. Maybe I'm just too old for you to relate.
    I can relate to you moreso than Mr.Lollie. I've had my fair share of police interactions and I've never tried to walk away while they were talking to me. I have refused to answer questions because "I didn't do anything wrong" and talking could only cause problems. Once I was 'taken in' because of my refusal, only to be released a couple houres later because they had nothing. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and fit a discription. I've never refused to identify myself even when I knew I didn't have to. It's my experience that if you behave like a normal joe and not a trouble maker the cops will generaly leave you be. I don't consent to serches, though. If they want to identify me that's fine, but with my luck consenting to a serch will be the exact moment a friend of the ex wife drives by, takes a picture, then Im back in court dealing with more child-custody games.

    **** happens, and it tends to happen to me a lot. Mr.Lollie must live a comfortable life to need to drum up drama.

  2. #252
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I can relate to you moreso than Mr.Lollie. I've had my fair share of police interactions and I've never tried to walk away while they were talking to me. I have refused to answer questions because "I didn't do anything wrong" and talking could only cause problems. Once I was 'taken in' because of my refusal, only to be released a couple houres later because they had nothing. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and fit a discription. I've never refused to identify myself even when I knew I didn't have to. It's my experience that if you behave like a normal joe and not a trouble maker the cops will generaly leave you be. I don't consent to serches, though. If they want to identify me that's fine, but with my luck consenting to a serch will be the exact moment a friend of the ex wife drives by, takes a picture, then Im back in court dealing with more child-custody games.

    **** happens, and it tends to happen to me a lot. Mr.Lollie must live a comfortable life to need to drum up drama.
    Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to tell an officer my name, I'm not ashamed of who I am. So far I've never had a problem.

  3. #253
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,990

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    You're not free... none of us are.

    America has abandoned the rule of law - the government is no longer accountable to the rule of law. If the government is unaccountable and unconstrained - it can abuse you and your freedom all it wants, whenever it wants. Just b/c you haven't been set upon yet - yet being the operative word there - doesn't mean that you can't be, or you won't be.

    If you fancy yourself a libertarian - so much so that you choose to identify yourself as such on a public forum - I can assure you, you are on the governments radar.

    We are not that far away from collapse. Once that happens, you're going to get a quick lesson in just how free you are not.
    I am free because I live by my own standards. Go ahead and try to take that away from me.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  4. #254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    I am free because I live by my own standards. Go ahead and try to take that away from me.
    Happy tazing

  5. #255
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    10-07-17 @ 05:10 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    I call 'em like I see 'em. No more no less and if you take the time to look you'll see that I have no problem whatsoever criticizing a cop when I believe he or she was in the wrong.
    Are there any examples of this you could cite?

  6. #256
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    10-07-17 @ 05:10 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Never mind, I found some examples. Sorry to trouble you.

  7. #257
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 02:19 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    848

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    I am free because I live by my own standards. Go ahead and try to take that away from me.
    If you live in a country in which the government is unconstrained by the rule of law, and the people are immoral and ignorant - no one is allowed to "live by their (sic) own standards".

    To them, what is the point of having power if they can't use it to bully and control anyone who doesn't fall into line upon order??

    That is what is becoming of Amerika - and that is what has happened in every democracy in history - it is why our Founding Fathers gave us a republic. That republic died in the 1930's, and 80 short years later we are now on the verge of collapse.

    No Chris, doing your own thing is definitely not on the authoritarian agenda. You will comply, or you will be sanctioned, i.e. you will lose your job, your housing, your access to food, travel, et al... and when things deteriorate enough - you will be arrested and disposed of. It's how tyrannies operate - it is the lesson of history over and over again.

    Rome, Greece, Lycia, France, the Soviet Union, Germany, et al... we have no shortage of examples of how these things progress. Amerika is travelling down that same road, it's only a matter of time.

    I applaud you for having the vision to be a libertarian, but making a rational argument that you should be allowed to live your life as you see fit, as long as you are not harming someone else in any way - that argument holds no sway with the irrational and indoctrinated; and in case you haven't noticed, Amerikans are becoming ever more irrational and indoctrinated every year.

  8. #258
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,990

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    If you live in a country in which the government is unconstrained by the rule of law, and the people are immoral and ignorant - no one is allowed to "live by their (sic) own standards".

    To them, what is the point of having power if they can't use it to bully and control anyone who doesn't fall into line upon order??

    That is what is becoming of Amerika - and that is what has happened in every democracy in history - it is why our Founding Fathers gave us a republic. That republic died in the 1930's, and 80 short years later we are now on the verge of collapse.

    No Chris, doing your own thing is definitely not on the authoritarian agenda. You will comply, or you will be sanctioned, i.e. you will lose your job, your housing, your access to food, travel, et al... and when things deteriorate enough - you will be arrested and disposed of. It's how tyrannies operate - it is the lesson of history over and over again.

    Rome, Greece, Lycia, France, the Soviet Union, Germany, et al... we have no shortage of examples of how these things progress. Amerika is travelling down that same road, it's only a matter of time.

    I applaud you for having the vision to be a libertarian, but making a rational argument that you should be allowed to live your life as you see fit, as long as you are not harming someone else in any way - that argument holds no sway with the irrational and indoctrinated; and in case you haven't noticed, Amerikans are becoming ever more irrational and indoctrinated every year.
    I dunno. Feels like more and more people are "waking up" to me. Its just that deep down everyone is lazy. I think we can build babel and reach the heavens before it crumbles this time around. I think instinctually everyone knows we need it. The world is very hungry for a new age.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  9. #259
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    "Your papers, please." Used to be a slur against totalitarian regimes.

    Now it's us too.
    When you say you are "waiting for children" you show ID. Period. No questions.

  10. #260
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    He was in a private employee only area of a bank and told multiple times to leave by the bank security. That is why the police were called. Then he refused to give his name or information to police despite having been in a private area of a bank, that he should have known was a private area because he was told multiple times, according to the bank, to leave.
    Well Boo Hoo then. Sounds like he brought it on himself.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •